+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who returns!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Some info and pics of the David Tennant the new doctor. Like his new look!
    Check out the countdown at the bottom of the page!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I am so happy Doctor Who is back. It's the first tv-show I remember being hooked on. I have watched it since the beginning. I thought Christopher Eccleston did a great job and I can't wait to see how the new Doctor is.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    I am so happy Doctor Who is back. It's the first tv-show I remember being hooked on. I have watched it since the beginning. I thought Christopher Eccleston did a great job and I can't wait to see how the new Doctor is.
    Check out my avatar, it's him!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    from: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34141

12:00 AM, 13-JANUARY-06

SCI FI To Air New Doctor Who

SCI FI Channel announced Jan. 12 that it will air the first season of the BBC's hit SF series Doctor Who, starting in March. The 13 episodes, starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler, will air as part of SCI FI Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The series, from head writer and executive producer Russell T. Davies, ran originally in the United Kingdom last year and was one of the network's biggest hits ever. An update of the classic Doctor Who show, the series continues in the U.K. with an upcoming second season that will star David Tennant as the Doctor.

"The Doctor's made all sorts of journeys in time and space, but this is one of his most exciting yet!" Davies said in a statement. "I'm a huge fan of the SCI FI Channel, and I'm delighted that Doctor Who is appearing on a channel that supports and enhances the entire genre."

"With its rich history of imaginative storytelling, Doctor Who is a true sci-fi classic," Thomas P. Vitale, SCI FI's senior vice president, programming and original movies, said in a separate statement. "We're excited to add the show to our lineup."

Meanwhile, BBC Video announced that it has moved the proposed U.S. release date of the Doctor Who first-season DVD set to July 4 from its originally planned February launch.

YAY! This is awesome news. Loved the Christmas Invasion, David Tennant is going to be a great Doctor. Hopefully SciFi will pick up the spin off Torchwood as well.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    Check out my avatar, it's him!
    And I love him in The Christmas Invasion. I think he'll be a fun doctor.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Dr Who - 2 eps this Friday on SCI FI Channel

If you have never experienced Dr. Who watch all new episodes this Friday night on the Sci Fi Channel.

Thanks for the bump - is it just getting started on Friday, or has it been airing all month?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Thanks for the bump - is it just getting started on Friday, or has it been airing all month?
    Just started this week, 2 episodes, are running one from 9pm to 10pm and one for 10pm to 11pm.

Remember last week was the season finale for Stargate, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica. Sci Fi had Friday nite locked up as far as cable ratings with these three shows and I am sure they want to have some kind of programming on that will keep the Sci Fi fans happy. They will do the 13 ep run and than we will have the summer season of Stargate and Atlantis. Great timing actually.

If anyone is interested Avatar: The Last Airbender, also starts it's second season on Nickelodeon tonite at 8pm.

Is there any chance Sci-Fi will air the old Dr. Who episodes as well? I haven't seen one in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast View Post
    Is there any chance Sci-Fi will air the old Dr. Who episodes as well? I haven't seen one in ages.
    PBS It was on last Saturday, black and white 3rd Doctor (I think) companion JO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast