+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revelations

Revelations

didn't see a thread about this yet...anyone planning on watching it?

http://www.nbc.com/Revelations/about/

From executive producer Gavin Polone (“Panic Room”) and writer/creator David Seltzer (”The Omen”), comes this six-hour event series starring Bill Pullman (”Independence Day”) as Harvard professor Dr. Richard Massey, an astrophysicist whose certainty that all worldly events can be explained by Science, is challenged by a nun, Sister Josepha Montafiore (Natascha McElhone, “Solaris”), who leads him on a journey through the unfamiliar world of faith.

Drawn together by personal tragedy, these unlikely partners -- one who worships God and one who worships Science -- are propelled into a deepening mystery, finding evidence that the world, as predicted by The Book of Revelation, has reached The End of Days.

The time of miracles is once again at hand -- both Heaven sent, and sent from Hell. Satanist Isaiah Haden (Michael Massee, ”24”) has answered the calling of his “Lord” to make certain the Armies of Darkness will triumph in the apocalyptic battle to come.

Notable guest stars include John Rhys-Davies (”The Lord of The Rings”), Tobin Bell (”Saw”), Fred Durst (lead singer of the rock band “Limp Bizkit”) and Mark Rendall (”The Interrogation of Michael Crowe”).

The pilot was directed by David Semel (NBC’s “American Dreams”), the series directed by Academy Award-winning producer Lili Fini Zanuck (”Driving Miss Daisy,” “Rush”) and Leslie Linka Glatter (”Law & Order: SVU”).

“Revelations” is produced by Pariah
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

It seems like an good concept, cast, etc. and I like Natascha McElhone BUT why would NBC put it up against Lost? Bonehead programming if you ask me. I may tape the first episode and see if it's any good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    It seems like an good concept, cast, etc. and I like Natascha McElhone BUT why would NBC put it up against Lost? Bonehead programming if you ask me. I may tape the first episode and see if it's any good.
    well...i guess that is pretty stupid, eh? i've never seen lost, so i had no idea it was going to go up against it.

meh.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Actually, Lost does not have a brand new episode for a couple weeks.

I hope Gil Grissom watches .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

It's against Alias, not Lost. 9/8 P.M.

I like these types of shows, so I'll give it a go.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    It's against Alias, not Lost. 9/8 P.M.

I like these types of shows, so I'll give it a go.
    Der You're right hepcat. Okay, I amend what I said : WHY would NBC put it up against Alias? Bonehead move
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Really Boneheaded, against Allias and American Idol.
    I will tape it, sounds like my kind of show.....

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I have seen the commercial a bunch and read some pretty good reviews. I'll definitely post my review tomorrow!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Good atmosphere. I thought it was interesting timing with the sudden interest in PVS shown in the last couple of months, but that was a coincidence, right?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast