+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Did anybody watch last night? I taped it but haven't watched yet.

Revelations took a sizable dip from it's premiere last week but still finished second at 7.6/12 beating Alias, 5.6/9 according to fast ratings at Zap2it.
    Yeah, I watched it. It's kind of weird. I don't know why I keep watching it. I don't want to ruin it for you. It's mainly the nun and the professor looking for the miracle baby & coming into devilish 'coincidences'.

I watched last night's episode. I thought it was really good! A lot of the characters and details are starting to tie together. I watched it with a bunch of people and we all thought last night's episode was even better than the first. Anyone who saw both - which did you enjoy more?

Also in terms of a "next season" - I read this article saying that if the show does well this season, NBC might bring it back in the fall... I think they originally designed it for a possible continuation:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/ent...t/11437100.htm

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

no barking allowed Passion4Dogs's Avatar
    Yeah, I got totally suckered into watching this because I am a Dan Brown fan and this reeked of the same subject matter. The first episode was okay, a little slow and boring for me. Second episode was much more interesting. I can't wait to see how this plays out and I hope it does well because I would watch it if they picked it up as a season show.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Passion, I am a huge Dan Brown fan too... I wonder if they got a lot of viewers from the premiere because they paired it with that Dateline special. There just isn't much good suspense - religion/science entertainment out there. I think Dan Brown and Revelations have both hit a chord with people who love this type of stuff.

Benjamin Franklin.

oh, i would love it if they would pick this up as a series and keep it around. kind of reminds me of "miracles" - which, i'm still really mad about. meh.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Yeah that would be really cool... I've never watched Miracles - is it the same type of show as Revel?

Benjamin Franklin.

Are you guys still watching this show? Just curious since tonight is the finale. I've been watching so I'd love to discuss tomorrow if you guys check it out...

Benjamin Franklin.

I'm still watching Toby! They almost lost me last week with the rabbit, but I'm hanging in there. I'm also a little distracted by Fred Durst - not that his acting is noticeably bad or anything, I just keep thinking "That's Fred Durst!" I'm still not all that wowed by Bill Pullman, but I love Natascha - she makes the show for me.

I usually tape it and watch it while I work out (since it's up against Alias), so I'll be ready to discuss it tomorrow!

BTW - I just read an article about ABC's schedule for next season and this show did not get picked up
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hi Critical! Glad to hear someone else is still watching!! Did you see last night?? What did you think??

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Hi Critical! Glad to hear someone else is still watching!! Did you see last night?? What did you think??
    I just watched my tape of it Toby! I missed the first 15 minutes because I got caught up watching Alias and didn't remember about Revelations until the first commercial break. I set a reminder for the show when it reruns on (I think) Bravo tomorrow night, so I can see the whole episode.

So - based on the last 45 minutes.... they definitely left things open so that, if NBC wanted to pick it up as a regular series, they wouldn't have all the story lines wrapped up neatly. Unfortunately, from what I've read, NBC isn't picking it up next season. I suspect that the cost of producing the show may be a factor. Just look at all the location shooting. A huge amount of that was not on a back lot. The scenery, tonight in particular, was spectacular.

I thought Bill Pullman was much better in this episode than in the previous 5. Natascha was fab as usual. I got a little queasy over the stuff with the goat (as I did with the rabbit last week). I know it's not real, but it still upsets me. I'm glad that the two main characters survived and that Hawk came back from the dark side as well. All in all, I enjoyed the series. I'm not totally clear on the finale because I have a feeling that the first 15 minutes were important. I'll come back tomorrow or over the weekend and update my opinion.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast