+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revelations

Hepcat, what do you mean by PVS? Just curious...

Oh and with all that talk about American Idol and Lost, thought you guys might be interested to see that Revelations kicked some butt last night in the ratings:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|94698|1|,00.html

That's definitely a good sign

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I think hepcat is talking about Persistant Vegetative State, such as the girl struck by lightening in the show last night, and of course Terri Shiavo.
    What does it take to wake up a generation...
    If we don't wake up and shake up the nation
    We'll eat the dust of the world wondering why...
    Cages or wings? Which do you prefer?
    Ask the birds...
    ~Jonathon Larson

Did anyone see it?

I thought it was interesting and feel like I want to know what's going to happen next.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I have seen the commercial a bunch and read some pretty good reviews. I'll definitely post my review tomorrow!
    Waiting for that review!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh and with all that talk about American Idol and Lost, thought you guys might be interested to see that Revelations kicked some butt last night in the ratings:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|94698|1|,00.html

That's definitely a good sign
    Gloom, not so good for Jack and Bobby

I thought it was pretty good. Can't wait for the next episode.

I taped it and just finally got around to watching it tonight. I really liked it. I thought Natascha McElhone really stood out. Bill Pullman didn't get much to do in this episode - hopefully he'll get more meaty material in up-coming episodes.

I can imagine buying the series on DVD when it comes out 'cause I'd definitely watch it more than once.

Hepcat, I thought the same thing about PVS - I think it's just a coincidence..... or maybe not
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Waiting for that review!
    I thought this show rocked!! I was intrigued from the beginning because I love stuff about science and religion and how they tie together. I also really liked the development of Bill Pullman's character and how he is a skeptic but even he can't deny that some really strange stuff is happening. I can't wait to see how everything ties together and what happens!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Newbie
    (I'm a lost fan buttin' in here )

But, I watched the first episode because of the name of the show. I've never seen any kind of promo for it on TV or anything.

The Pilot was intriguing... it seems like to me, NBC is trying to entice the people who have loved Dan Brown's books (Angels & Demons, Da Vinci Code) Both of these books had a religious backstory and involed a main character named Robert Langdon who was a Harvard professor. This professor, who was an expert in his field, was always called upon by strange circumstances (if you read these books you'll know what I'm talking about).

So far Revelations had a very similar beginning to Dan Brown's works. To those of you who were fans of Dan Brown's books, I'd recommend you give an episode a try.

The pilot, like I said before, was intriguing. It involves unexplainable phenomenon that I'm not going to go into in case someone wants to watch the first episode.
    LostFever.com
    For Lost Fans Everywhere!

I watched the pilot....it was OK, save for Natascha McElhone, who was excellent. I don't watch Alias and nothing else was on, so I'll likely tune in again. I did find Bill Pullman to be rather dull and not terribly believable in the aspect of grieving father, but I'll give it another chance or two.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast