+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 736 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Grey's Anatomy

I guess I will start thread for this new show, which by the way had a very good pilot.

Here's the link to the site -http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index.html

According to the site, Grey's Anatomy's Schedule is on Sundays at 10/9c
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 03-28-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I enjoyed the show, but I thought it was too obvious, good doctor, bad doctor, good interns, mean interns, a heart to heart chat about alternate career choices...I know it was a pilot. Hopefully I will enjoy future episodes more. I would love to hear from any medical doctors out there if this show is accurate.

I wonder why a surgeon would rather take a nap than help an intern with a procedure, in these days of malpractice suits.

I did enjoy Sandra Oh.

I liked this show a lot better than I thought I would. Patrick Dempsey (I think that was him) looked so adorable. I loved "The Nazi". She was hilarious with her "Don't kiss up. I already hate you. That's not going to change. When I'm resting, don't wake me unless your patient is dying." Then when she told the one girl (the blonde) "You get to do rectal exams." Too much.
    I loved how they were all taking bets as to what the one intern would do during his first surgery. Only one girl had faith in him. I found this very entertaining. Comical and sweet at the same time.
    I hope this show lasts for a long time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I loved "The Nazi". She was hilarious with her "Don't kiss up. I already hate you. That's not going to change. When I'm resting, don't wake me unless your patient is dying." Then when she told the one girl (the blonde) "You get to do rectal exams." Too much.
    I loved how they were all taking bets as to what the one intern would do during his first surgery. Only one girl had faith in him. I found this very entertaining. Comical and sweet at the same time.
    I hope this show lasts for a long time.
    Yep, exactly why I liked it. Throughout most of it, it was great and funny. The show is definitly worth watching. My favorite character so far is Izzie and 007
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 03-28-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I really enjoyed the pilot. I was afraid that ABC would hype it so much that it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it really did. I think they have another hit on their hands.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I enjoyed the show, but I thought it was too obvious, good doctor, bad doctor, good interns, mean interns, a heart to heart chat about alternate career choices...I know it was a pilot. Hopefully I will enjoy future episodes more. I would love to hear from any medical doctors out there if this show is accurate.

I wonder why a surgeon would rather take a nap than help an intern with a procedure, in these days of malpractice suits.
    I'm not a doctor but I'm a nurse practitioner. I supervise med students and residents. (Pediatric, not Surgical) We all have on call rooms to sleep in so I think you would be more likely to find an intern sleeping in the hall... but a supervisory resident is going to be in a bed. The Nazi's attitude was funny and makes good TV (I thought she was a hoot!) but it's her job to wake up when she's needed. Now if the intern is waking her up for something that could wait until morning then it's her job as the supervisory resident to guide the intern as to what is important and what can wait... and that would be part of the learning experience for the intern. If she got snarky about it that would not be unusual. She did get up to help the intern with the central IV line... Central IV access is something that we always try to address during the day because most surgeons do not appreciate getting called in the middle of the night for that as it's rarely an emergency, so for her to be mad about it was pretty much right on.
    As far as hating the interns, from my experience the interns/residents are more of a close-knit group because they have all come from the same place so they're there to help each other through. Her attitude was more like what you would expect from an attending physician and not a resident. Actually even the attending physicians I know are not mean like that. Residents and interns around here are limited to 30 hour call shifts and no more than 80 hours a week. I don't know if there's anyplace else that does 48 hour call shifts.

That said, I really did love the show and for the most part it was pretty realistic. I think it's going to be a hit and I definitely will be watching every week.

I don't know how big of a "hit" it will be, but I liked the pilot more than I thought I would.

I liked it and will probably watch it again. I just wish they didn't have to displace Boston Legal (does anyone know when it's coming back?). To be honest, I'd watch anything with Patrick Dempsey in it - I've had a crush on him since "Can't Buy Me Love." I thought it was different enough to not seem like an er clone (or a clone of the other medical shows on right now), but I also felt like I knew who most of the main characters were in that one hour.
    From what I've read, it did very well in the ratings. Of course, that was with a lead in of the first new epi of DH in weeks, so we'll see how it does next week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Boston Legal will be on after 3 more episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Maybe they will move one of the shows to a new night. I really love both shows.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks Marley!

I thought the show as a drama, not a a comedy. I'll need to give it another chance.

+ Reply to Thread