+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 708 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194594 ... LastLast
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I did find myself thinking that Izzie's baby might be easier to place....
    Why?

CCL
    I read on one of those spoiler sites that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a code black is when everyone has to evacuate the area immediately. In this case, apparently, it is because a patient has a bomb.
    Also, the perky surgeon (whose name I can't recall so she shall be Dr Perky) will be on for 7 episodes).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My favorite line from last night.......from one of the old ladies, speaking of one of her buddies, as the buddy tried to convince the reluctant Chief to let the daughter of the dying woman fax in her signature for the DNR, "She's batting her eyes, you see that, she's batting her eyes!"

Bless her heart, the "eye batting" didn't work. Too cute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It is so obvious that McDreamy is still very much in love with Meredith. I think he realizes he made a mistake by giving his marriage another chance, but is stuck in a quandry that seems unresolvable. Meredith is still in love with him and has not moved on yet (though she is trying). Because she realizes that he still has feelings for her, a little piece of her probably hopes there is a chance for them someday. But . . when that time comes, it may be too late.

The writer is very good at keeping the sexual tension between these two simmering below the surface and teasing us with the hope they will get back together.

I love Sandra Oh's repressed character. She has learned to hold back her true feelings and perfect her outward cynicism (probably due to her relationship with her shallow, self-centered mother). I think there is more depth to her than we've been shown, but it will only appear under extreme conditions. She loves Burke because he accepts her just the way she is and really tries to understand her.

George is absolutely adorable. What a wonderful character and the actor (a complete unknown, at least to me) is terrific. His whole persona is cute and cuddly (even doing nothing).

I think the writer of this show is one of the best on TV.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My favorite line from last night.......from one of the old ladies, speaking of one of her buddies, as the buddy tried to convince the reluctant Chief to let the daughter of the dying woman fax in her signature for the DNR, "She's batting her eyes, you see that, she's batting her eyes!"

Bless her heart, the "eye batting" didn't work. Too cute!
    I loved seeing June Lockhart again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I knew the woman looked familiar, but I didn't realize that it was June Lockhart! Rats, I missed the credits.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Why?
    The usual problem in our society... racism in multiple ways.... most people want to adopt children who look like them... or if they don't agencies try to place them in such homes anyway (part of the rationale is that African-American children need African-American homes to help them deal with inevitable racism they encounter). There are more European Americans who meet the "standards" of adoption agencies (such as income level) than African Americans, even adjusting for percentages in the population. So as a result African American babies are more likely to end up in foster care than in adoptive families than European American babies, or so I've read. Of course the fact that it's a newborn would help improve the odds....

One of the other older ladies was the woman who played Edna Babish on the old Laverne and Shirley shows.

Christina Ricci is going to guest star on the next episode.

Oh, and one of the upcoming episodes is titled "Denny", and he was the guy flirting with Izzy (who needed a heart transplant.) I hope he gets one, and becomes a love interest for her.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    What I thought was really funny was the scene in the bar. Alex calls George something and George says it loud to the nurses. Then, that lady threw ice on Christina and they were about to fight. That was hilarious!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    One of the other older ladies was the woman who played Edna Babish on the old Laverne and Shirley shows.
    That was Betty Garrett, who also played Irene Lorenzo in "All in the Family," and has done many movies. Several of them were musicals such as "On the Town," "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," and "My Sister Eileen."

+ Reply to Thread