+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 725 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192592 ... LastLast
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Maybe the guy who had the tumor but thought he was pregnant? Too bad I missed Mad TV. I taped SNL instead only to find out it was a rerun!

It was a patient that claimed to have sympathy symptoms due to his wife's pregnancy, and had developed huge boobs, which were engorged with milk. So, a guy playing George, bent over and suckled them. It was quite distrurbing. They blurred out the nipple area, but the rest was very realistic in appearannce.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Tonight's episode was pretty good in my opinion. Next's week look very very very dramatic, claiming to be the best episode! I can't wait. I think I am more excited about GA than the superbowl itself lol
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 01-29-2006 at 11:11 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

What is a Code Black? It looks like some sort of bomb in the person or something to me.

I watched the preview and I got the impression that it was some kind of an epidemic or something. I could be wrong. And yes the MadTV sketch was a bit overboard with the "George" guy pretending to suckle the man-boob. I got a kick out of Bobby Lee pretending to be Christina. Too much. Also, I missed all but the last 10 minutes tonight. Can someone fill me in with a brief recap? When I turned it on, I saw an old lady. Merideth was talking to chief guy and asking him if her mother was lonely. Next thing I see is Merideth sobbing to the point of hyperventilating and crying on McDreamy's shoulder. Someone please give a recap so I'm not so lost.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Meredith came upon the old lady at the beginning and intubated her b/c she was having trouble breathing. Then her friends (old ladies - really cute too) came in and said she had a DNR on file and was dying and Meredith went and put a tube in her. They had to then wait for her daughter to come and sign the forms. When you saw M crying, the old lady had just died, and she called the time of death, and then she realized her mother may be lonely, and die alone. Earlier she had seen the Chief with her mother at the nursing home. She tells the Chief later that she saw him and he asks her if she minds his visiting her. She asks if he thinks she is lonely, he says yes, and she says for him to keep visiting her. Got to run to bed now. I'll write more in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    What is a Code Black? It looks like some sort of bomb in the person or something to me.
    Actually, I don't know, and the show's creator isn't telling but a google search produced this:
    "Within the last week, Brackenridge Hospital says they have had to turn away two patients from their emergency room. Medical Watch�s Seema Mathur explains why the hospital is in a "code black."

The hospital says those patients were sent to other hospitals because their emergency room couldn't safely handle any more patients.

http://keyetv.com/seenon/local_story_019172213.html

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Those codes vary from hospital to hospital so it's hard to tell. The previews seem pretty intense for next week.

Tonight I had tears rolling down my face through most of the show. When Izzy was telling that girl about the baby she gave up, and then when all the elderly lady's friends and daughter were all around her when she died, and again when Meredith was hyperventilating and Derek came in and stayed with her. I recognized the actress who played the woman with the leg infection as the one in the Yoplait "shoe-shoppin'-in-chocolate-covered-heels... good" commercials

I thought maybe it was a bomb as well. (in the previews for next week.)

Tonight's episode was extra-sad.

I love George!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the SNL explanation, all!
    Nilesgirl, one other thing you missed was Izzie saying she herself grew up in a trailerpark (to this young pregnant black girl from her hometown), got pregnant and gave up her daughter for adoption as she was only 16 or something and couldn't care for her. The pregnant girl was a Shakespeare fan, clearly a good student (a little heavy handed there!), and someone whose life was going to be very limited with a baby. The pregnant girl's mom was mad at Izzie for trying to influence her to give up the baby, and Izzie asked the mom if she didn't want more for her daughter than what she had.
    I did find myself thinking that Izzie's baby might be easier to place....
    Anyway, her name is Hannah, but Izzie hasn't heard anything about her since she was about 5 or 6 (she has a picture of her at that age)...which was a while ago... the family moved and for some reason stopped writing.
    One thing I missed tho... I think I heard Izzie saying she supported herself through school doing something unlikely like being a dancer??? Can anyone clarify for me?
    So that was why Izzie was saying at the end that they don't know everything about each other.

+ Reply to Thread