+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 725 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180580 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I agree that this is one of the best shows on TV and definitely my favorite. FINALLY, Derek admitted to Addison that he was in love with Meredith (of course, we all knew that). Too bad he saw the light too late. What will Addy do? Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn - she is a selfish bitch and doesn't deserve Dr. McDreamy.

The Burke/Christina relationship - such opposites (but that's why they are so attracted to each other). George is adorable and Izzy is delightful. Love the cast - love the show - look forward to Sundays.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When Bailey talked about "killing a patient" tonight, it called to mind things said upthread. In the medical fields, people talk to each other in certain ways that can be shocking to non-medical people. The "kill" word is thrown around, not infrequently, however there is a time and place for everything. Medical people understand that. To "kill" someone means that you are responsible for their death; to "lose" someone means that they died in spite of your efforts. One word implies responsibility/guilt (hopefully, with no intent); the other doesn't. Unfortunately, kills happen. Probably to more medical folks than not. It is something you will never forget and, if it will help a co-worker at an extremely difficult time, you very well may tell them your story. And it is heavily investigated. And you will not make the same mistake twice so, in that respect, it is a learning tool.
    Very well said.

Sometimes medical people will make smart-ass remarks as a coping mechanism to get through a difficult time. I've been guilty of saying that a dying patient was "circling the drain" but I would never say something like that within earshot of a family member or even the housekeeping lady because it would sound just horrible to someone who doesn't understand. You say things to try and lighten things up because the alternative is to let it get to you, and you can't keep doing the job if you let that happen.

Congrats to the show for the Golden Globe nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Congrats to the show for the Golden Globe nominations.
    Well deserved. I am so happy for these guys. The majority of them have impressive resumes but were still toiling in relative obscurity. Hopefully, that will change. I can't wait to see them on the red carpet.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Ellen was snubbed. It may be because although she is the title character, the latter isn't exactly taking center stage right now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Ellen was snubbed. It may be because although she is the title character, the latter isn't exactly taking center stage right now.
    I was thinking that it was Chandra Wilson that got snubbed. I loved how Bailey got George to tell off that obnoxious family, then she said something like: "Interns. So emotional. Apologies."

And Izzie's "Jesus" line was great. I'm glad this show got some Emmy noms.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'll jump on board with loving the Izzie "Cause that's what Jesus would freakin do" line.

I also laughed when Izzie was was going off at Sheperd about his anti christmas venom infecting the guys brain and she says "...and he trusted you to be his sheperd" (and as she's saying it she gets that, OMG I can't believe these words are leaving my mouth, look on her face)
    Sheperd "Dr Stevens, you should be a little embarrassed"
    Izzie "I am"
    Sheperd "Good"

And George to Christina "I can't hear you with his hand on your boob"

Quote Originally Posted by ozjod View Post
    And George to Christina "I can't hear you with his hand on your boob"
    LOL So true ozjod. Like that even makes any sense! There are SO many great lines in this show. Is it Sunday, yet?

I enjoyed the Dirty Uncle Sal line in reference to Alex. So bizarre, but it made total sense!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Who do you guys think is more attractive, Izzie or Meredith? I say Izzie. I think Meredith can look too skinny at times and Izzie has a better face.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    Who do you guys think is more attractive, Izzie or Meredith? I say Izzie. I think Meredith can look too skinny at times and Izzie has a better face.
    They are so different, that it is hard to say which is more attractive. Izzy is the earth mother - big eyes in a pretty face with a voluptuous body. Meredith is petite, fragile, and doll-like. They would probably not have to compete for the same man, because they do not have the same appeal. Plus their personalities are so different. Izzy is outgoing, brash, and dramatic. Meredith is reserved, witty, and self-contained.

+ Reply to Thread