+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 764 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    I'm pobably alone here but i don't see what the rest of you guys see in this show... I've tried watching it every week, but i think the writing needs alot of work and a bunch of the acting is horrible imo
    Hmmm, I'd say you are probably right. It seems that most or all of us that come to this thread, do so because we are really "in" to the show. Different strokes you know, we find it touching, amusing and I think the acting is pretty good so,...... we enjoy discussing the show.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Some cast info from the show's website:

Justin Chambers : Dr. Alex Karev- former model, married with 5 kids
    Ellen Pompeo:Meredith Grey- Boston native, roles in Old School and Catch Me if You Can
    Patrick Dempsey : Derek Shepherd- received Emmy nomination in 2001 for role in Once and Again, lives in LA with wife and daughter
    Isaiah Washington : Preston Burke- Houston native, received NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in Dancing in September,lives in LA with wife and two sons
    Chandra Wilson:Miranda Bailey (nazi)- Broadway and theater background, Houston native
    Katherine Heigl:Isobel "Izzie" Stevens- Child model, began acting at age 12 in film That Night
    Sandra Oh:Cristina Yang- studied for 3 years at National Theatre School of Canada, received 1994 Cannes FIPA d'Or for Best Actress.
    T.R. Knight:George O'Malley- Minneapolis native, Broadway experience
    James Pickens Jr.:Richard Webber-recurring roles on The X-Files, NYPD Blue,The Practice and Six Feet Under, a member of the United States Team Roping Championship

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Team Roping Championship? There's a credit you don't see too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    lol, the word 'chunky' was not meant to have a bad conotation
    The only time "chunky" has a good connotation is when you're talking about peanut butter! (and "thick" isn't any better!)

I'm still really liking this show! I love how, after only four episodes, we're really starting to know who these people are - they're multi-dimensional already. Good for Izzy for letting Alex have it. What a jerk. Loved the Hello Kitty underwear - I actually have the same pair (the white ones that say "Hello Kitty" across the butt) so that made me laugh... that and Meredith at the beginning of the show: "Hello, Kitty"

I like that we're seeing the softer side to Cristina. Did anyone else feel a little something there at the end with her and Dr. Burke in the stairwell? They probably won't do anything with that since the already have one intern involved with an attending. It was a nice little moment though

At what point will Meredith tell anyone (other than someone about to die) about her mother?

A little spoiler from Kristen's chat on E!:
    Click to see Spoiler:

From jimbo: Could you give us one hint on Patrick Dempsey's big secret on Grey's Anatomy?
    Sure. Doctors don't wear jewelry. And that can be a little misleading. Does that hint ring any bells?
    SO - apparently the good doctor isn't such a great guy after all. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Team Roping Championship? There's a credit you don't see too often!
    I was more shocked that Justin Chambers has five kids!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I was more shocked that Justin Chambers has five kids!
    It makes it more difficult for me to dislike his character so much know that I look at him and see a family man.

A link to a picture of him and his wife Keisha. - I think
    www.hollywood.com/ celebs/detail/celeb/186513] www.hollywood.com/ celebs/detail/celeb/186513[/URL]
    Last edited by rt1ky; 04-19-2005 at 05:44 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Another very excellent episode on the other night. I LOVED Izzy giving Alex a piece of her mind in the locker room. And it was good to see Christina's softer side.

I wonder what George will do if Meredith and the Dr. guy get serious. I feel kind of bad for him.

I am also a Grey's Anatomy watcher, and I LOVE this show!!

I love what ABC's done to itself.
    Last edited by Greenmustard; 04-19-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar...
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

Oh.My.Gawd. Is the spoiler really true, Critical?! I might just have had a heartattack. Wowza.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I just watched the current episode. It was great. I don't see the bad acting Dogg mentioned. And certainly no chunkiness (or thickness) on Izzy's part. Her impromptu shedding of clothes certainly showed her terrific figure.

I'm starting to root for a George/Izzy coupling.

The Alzheimer's side story was very touching and, since my mom seems headed in that direction, brought tears to my eyes.

And I finally figured out who Meredith reminded me of. The girl who played Helen on The Practice (Lara Flynn Boyle, I think is her name).

I also loved how the dying nurse brought some much needed humanity to Cristina. I love her character.

Great show.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    It was a really good episode again. I was suprised when Grey's mom recognize the name. George and Izzie are my favorites; Izzie is so hot, George is just funny.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread