+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I don't think the order got switched though....they were referring to the trial coming up, and at the end revealed that Alex had gone to the DA. So presumably it was the evening that Alex turned himself in, as the trial was supposed to start the next day.
    Cornholio likes this.

I was under the understanding that it was pre-trial and instead of going to trial Alex struck a plea deal which mean there is no trial just a sentencing hearing.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm so confused. How does Maggie's mother, not know Richard??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm so confused. How does Maggie's mother, not know Richard??
    Maggie was adopted by her parents early on when Richard didn't even know that he had a child with Ellis as she was given up at birth
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Maggie was adopted by her parents early on when Richard didn't even know that he had a child with Ellis as she was given up at birth
    Thanks. I looked it up after I posted. I thought she was awful to her mother, even before she got her diagnosis. I'm glad Karev is back.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thanks. I looked it up after I posted. I thought she was awful to her mother, even before she got her diagnosis. I'm glad Karev is back.
    She was beyond mean to her mother for absolutely no reason. It seemed to me that she was embarrassed of her.

I just love Karev and so glad he didn't get charged and is back to work.
    angelic_one2002 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    She was beyond mean to her mother for absolutely no reason. It seemed to me that she was embarrassed of her.

I just love Karev and so glad he didn't get charged and is back to work.
    I've not been a weekly viewer and missed the part where Maggie's adoptive parents divorced. It seems as if she is harboring a lot of resentment against her mother for this. Can someone clue me in if the divorce was amicable, came out of left field or if the dad was devastated by the mom's walking out? It could explain Maggie's attitude and hurt, but I do agree she was being very rude and mean. Of course she is already feeling badly by her own behavior and will feel doubly so when she learns of mom's cancer diagnosis.

Was anyone else thinking when Dr. Weber and Maggie's mom were getting along so famously of this particular scenario?:

Richard finds out that his wife Catherine is behind and in cahoots with Bailey over his recent demotion. This causes their marriage to fall apart and he gets together with Maggie's mom. I never liked Catherine for him.

And what was up with Jo coming to Meredith's house after learning Karev was not in jail, hugging him and then just leaving?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

In typical Greys fashion they magically created a backstory for Maggie's parents and want us to have the emotional connection without the investment. I'm pretty sure what we got in this episode is about all we know about Maggie's parents divorce. If it was mention previously it was very brief. I think we were supposed to believe Maggie has a hard time with her because she looks out for herself, but they didn't really give us the story to understand her response.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey

Did I miss anything being said about whether Maggie wanted her mother to find out Richard is her bio father, or if she's afraid of her mother finding out? I wondered if she created all that hostility with her mother so she would have a reason to cancel the dinner with him.

FORT Fogey

I got the impression that her mother knew Richard was her birth father.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread