+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I don't think Meredith's father was a doctor. I think Seattle Grace probably found him work in whatever profession he had at the time. However, I could be wrong.

I enjoyed the finale. Didn't cry...thought I would. Glad nobody died!

I am looking forward to the new stories that will unfold....especially the Bailey/Karev one.
    prhoshay likes this.

I don't remember them saying he was given a job at Seattle Grace but I remember them saying that he was basically given a job somewhere else as a favor. Sort of like what was going on with Mer and Derrik. He was getting his government gig and she was going to work somewhere else. I could be wrong though because I wasn't paying very close attention.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

"It's the end of an era! I know!" Monica and Rachel from Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I wasn't crying either. This ending would have worked 100x better for me if they hadn't spent the last 4 weeks doing this "goodbye to Cristina" thing.
    I don't know if you watch The View but the year long goodbye to Barbara must have killed you. LOL

I'm also glad that Shonda didn't kill off Christina but I wonder if that is still a possibility in Shonda's mind.

I haven't watched this season, but did watch these last couple of episodes just to see how it would all play out. I was thinking about other female friendships that I have watched over the years on other shows but I think that Meredith and Christina's friendship was exceptional comparing to the others. The characters have been through so much with each other, there was always growth and learning and always moving forward. Dare I say, they were not only each other's person but that they were soul-mates?

Nice article of the cast members remembering Christina.

Greys Anatomy Cast Says Good Bye to Sandra Oh
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fanatic

I thought this was the best season since before the plane crash nonsense. The ending, however, was dumb. That's the type of stuff that has ruined Revenge for me. Just adding love children. I'm sorry but her being preggo and no one knowing is just stupid no matter what storyline they spin it with.
    causingchaos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    "It's the end of an era! I know!" Monica and Rachel from Friends.

I don't know if you watch The View but the year long goodbye to Barbara must have killed you. LOL

I'm also glad that Shonda didn't kill off Christina but I wonder if that is still a possibility in Shonda's mind.

I haven't watched this season, but did watch these last couple of episodes just to see how it would all play out. I was thinking about other female friendships that I have watched over the years on other shows but I think that Meredith and Christina's friendship was exceptional comparing to the others. The characters have been through so much with each other, there was always growth and learning and always moving forward. Dare I say, they were not only each other's person but that they were soul-mates?

Nice article of the cast members remembering Christina.

Greys Anatomy Cast Says Good Bye to Sandra Oh
    For me you can do a long drawn out goodbye on a show like this and do it gracefully. But the last episode seemed to me to be designed to create that "is she really going to go" angst. That kind of angst works best if you're not told week after week someone is going to go like we were with this show in all the previews etc. I haven't been watching this show with any great consistency the last couple seasons more than that if I really think about it. Probably the last season I really watched was the hospital shooting season.

I kind of feel like Shonda wrote this before she realized the entire universe knew Sandra was leaving the show and then they got painted into a corner advertising wise and just had to keep telling people it's the goodbye. I mean even if you look at the last episodes in general this could have been a great reveal but I knew she was leaving so when she ended up in Zurich or where ever she went I was like oh so this is where she goes and then the last episode came on and she was clearly alive early on so I was like huh ok well I guess she catches a plane and leaves then even though they tried to create doubt within the episode on if she would leave.

So by the time we get to this emotional she's leaving moment I'm like thank goodness she's finally gone because they've been harping on it for weeks now just leave already.

FORT Fogey

Well, first they had to make her disgruntled enough to leave (not being able to win the Harper-Avery), then they had to give her a really great career opportunity elsewhere, then they had to briefly make us worry that she might have been killed, then they had to make us think she might not leave ... so all of that takes time!

BTW, wasn't it funny how she brushed off the authority of the new head of cardio-thoracic surgery on her last day ... and now that we know who that person is, it's pretty ironic that Cristina hired Meredith's sister!

Besides all the story lines that have already been mentioned for next season, looks like Arizona/Callie are going to be hiring a surrogate. I hope that's a well-written story because their relationship ceased to be interesting quite some time ago, with the possible exception of Arizona's brief fling.

Oh you know as well as I do that they are going to pick a crazy surrogate that refuses to give up the kid to them.....lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have to agree with JavaJo - yes, their surrogate will be the one that doesn't want to give the child up for adoption. Sigh, maybe I don't need to see next season. Well, just how Bailey and Karev deal with the board issue
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really feel sorry for Bailey. After the first couple of seasons of kick-butt Bailey, whom I loved, SR took her sails away from her and has continued to dump on her. Although it will probably make for interesting TV to see Bailey and Karev fight for the right to be on the board, I still will hate to see Bailey not get the respect she deserves.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I really feel sorry for Bailey. After the first couple of seasons of kick-butt Bailey, whom I loved, SR took her sails away from her and has continued to dump on her. Although it will probably make for interesting TV to see Bailey and Karev fight for the right to be on the board, I still will hate to see Bailey not get the respect she deserves.
    Bailey went from being a competent good surgeon in the first seasons to this epic screw up over the seasons. Now it always seems like she's getting herself into some trouble.
    Coco46 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread