+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

The more I think about last night's show, the more I'm fascinated by it. Throughout the run of the show, we've been encouraged to see Meredith as the glue that holds everything together. The show is even named for her. But last night's episode was essentially saying that it's been Christina all along - for good or for bad. She told Meredith to insult Karev frequently because he needs it to keep him in check. Karev was made more powerful and successful because of Christina leaving and giving him her shares. She told Meredith not to be in the shadows for Derek - and for the first time Meredith stood up and demanded that Derek view her as an equal. Bailey was excited about moving forward and advancing with a seat on the board ... but may have had that pulled back because of Christina. Christina's exit made her that one piece in a toothpick house that when pulled away causes everything else to collapse and rebuild.
    tinderbox, Coco46, JavaJo and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was really looking forward to more from this episode. It was good, but I thought the episode with Burke was better. I am so glad Shonda didn't kill Cristina off. I loved how she came back to Meredith and they danced it out!!! They really are each other's person. I did cry and am going to miss Cristina. So happy that Cristina gave Alex her shares. She knows that he belongs at the hospital instead of that office. I feel so sorry for Bailey though. She is going to be so disappointed. So glad Meredith stood up to Derek. He really is a jerk when it comes to his career being front and center. WOW WOW WOW.....Richard had a daughter with Elllis Grey??!!!!!! Obviously she hid that from him and didn't bother putting his name on the birth certificate. OMG, what a great twist
    Last edited by combatcutie; 05-16-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    Coco46, AlwaysVeg and Jaceegirl like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I found the scene where Cristina was knocking on the OR theatre window to wave good-bye to Owen touching; he locked eyes with her, went back to his surgery, looked up again and she was gone. That choked me up a little.....momentarily.

I will admit that a tiny part of me had hoped that she would not leave, but real life awoke and that moment was over. I can understand her wanting to steer her career in other directions, but she was just so Cristina-the-genius-surgeon, for me. I loved it when Ross begged to go with her to complete his training, and she said 'Yes!'.

Loved it when the doctor who was directed in another direction by Dr. Weber because she was "not a surgeon" came in and helped out with the MCI. Loved watching what she did with that nasty trauma eye! I loved the people looking at her with admiration.

I was proud of Mer for putting her foot down with Derek. Don't think she would have done that had Cristina not given her that pep talk. Cristina left Meredith with some of her spine.....a HUGE gift!

Over all, it was a great episode! I watched it, again, this morning and still, no tears! It was well done!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really liked this understated episode. It had just the right mood with everyone going on about their jobs as Cristina said good-bye to every one. I will miss her, but life goes on and for her, all the better with this career move. Loved that Ross could go too! Loved the dancing scene and glad Shondra included the scene where Ross tells Cristina it was time for her to meet her new colleagues. We can continue to visualize Cristina doing her magic in her new home. I also agree that Cristina was the glue that tied all these characters together. She will truly be missed and Shondra will have a job keeping this show relevant without our Cristina! I guess it starts with the appearance of Richard's new-found daughter.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It was a good episode, not great, imo. Like others have said, maybe I was just tired of it taking forever to say goodbye to Christina, so I didn't even shed a tear, and I am usually weepy Mc weepy. So, I am wondering if writing Ross out of the show was Shonda's idea or if was Gaius Charles' idea to move on? Loved Meredith finally standing up to Derek. I am wondering now if Murphy will come back next season, given that she really stepped up to the plate in the ER with that eye trauma patient. What a generous gift Yang gave to Alex! I feel bad for Bailey, though, about the board seat...she was so excited.

WOW, WOW, WOW to new female heart surgeon (Is it Pierce?), who is Weber's daughter!!!!! Now, I am a bit confused as to the timeline. When Ellis Grey met Richard Weber, Richard was already married to Adele. Richard and Ellis had an affair but Richard did not want to leave, or could not leave Adele. So, I am thinking that Ellis was already married to Thatcher when she had the affair, right? So, is Meredith older or younger than this new half-sister? Or was Ellis single when she met Richard? I thought I remembered them both being married.
    causingchaos likes this.

For me, it was Mer staying stronger than she really felt .She knew her person would have hard time leaving and she took control, she set her feelings aside. Reading all your posts, I think I have teared up more than I did when I watched the show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

In Meredith's fight with Derek, she said that Seattle Grace wanted her mother, so they made a place for her father, didn't she? Until I just typed that, I have to admit that I did not remember Thatcher also being a doctor ... but facts don't always hold up Grey's storylines. If Meredith did say that, it would indicate that Ellis was married when she arrived there, so both she and Richard would have been married. The part of the timeline that made no sense to me was the question of how a woman hides a pregnancy from a man she's having an affair with ... or her husband. It's easy for a man to do - not so much for a woman. I'll wait to see how it plays out but I'm not enthusiastic about this whole plot twist of a long lost Grey/Weber love child. It feels like they felt pressure to force a new best friend on Meredith, and threw something in there without thinking it through. And if it turns out there's not strong chemistry between Ellen Pompeo and the actress playing the new doctor, it won't matter anyway.

Loved last night's finale. It was a fitting send off for Cristina & I thought Shonda really stayed true to the character. Cristina has never been an over emotional character so her good-byes were very fitting & true to her character. I'm glad Shonda didn't do the emotional good-byes because that is not Cristina. I thought it was very well done.

As far as Richard & Ellis' love child, what an interesting twist. I've been watching old episodes Lifetime so I kind of have a refresher on the timeline of their affair. They were both married when they began their affair & Meredith was a toddler. Ellis eventually ended things with Thatcher but Richard couldn't bring himself to break things off with Adele. Ellis took Meredith & moved to Boston. I can only assume NOW that she did this because of the pregnancy. That's how no one in Seattle would know about it & Meredith would've been too young to remember. In any event, it will make things interesting for sure.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bethie View Post
    As far as Richard & Ellis' love child, what an interesting twist. I've been watching old episodes Lifetime so I kind of have a refresher on the timeline of their affair. They were both married when they began their affair & Meredith was a toddler. Ellis eventually ended things with Thatcher but Richard couldn't bring himself to break things off with Adele. Ellis took Meredith & moved to Boston. I can only assume NOW that she did this because of the pregnancy. That's how no one in Seattle would know about it & Meredith would've been too young to remember. In any event, it will make things interesting for sure.
    OMG, thank you for the reminder!!! I knew they moved, but wasn't sure around what time and this makes perfect sense
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks so much, Bethie. I was wondering how Ellis would have kept her pregnancy under wraps. I did remember that Ellis was willing to break it off with Thatcher but that Richard would not leave Adele. I guess that is when Ellis and Thatcher's marriage essentially ended. I don't remember, at all, about Ellis going to Boston, but of course, it makes sense. Hmm, so Meredith was a toddler. I am guessing she has no recollection of Ellis being pregnant. So, I guess that Lexie is the youngest half-sibling with Thatcher divorcing Ellis and marrying Lexie's mom, who was played by Mare Winningham. And that new cardio surgeon who was adopted is in the middle, age-wise.

+ Reply to Thread