+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Her people skills have improved drastically over the years. She was quite compassionate with the family of sick kids and she's really become a great teacher to the interns. I think running that facility is up her alley.

I also think this is how Greys is going to get the funding to ditch Avery Harper. She'll invest in it, which makes sense since she's an owner of Greys.
    prhoshay likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Brains and abilities as a surgeon do not necessarily equate to competence as the director of a major medical center and all the administrative and financial duties that would entail. I can't even see Cristina wanting to be bogged down by all of that. Plus her people skills or lack thereof could quickly become a liability.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Not sure she would be (or is even qualified to be) a competent administrator.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

It would have made more sense if Burke had asked her to be head of cardiothoracic surgery there, and he still could have left town. Cristina is not an administrator, at least not now. She wants to do complex surgeries and cutting-edge research, not sit at a big desk in a fancy office pushing paper with limited time for surgery.
    Marlena_M likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I thought Derek had a few sisters and that Amelia is the youngest one. They all came out when he needed hand surgery. I believe Meredith called them all in hopes of getting some kind of donor thingy from one of them. I don't remember the whole scenario. I am probably all kinds of wrong but I do remember that he has like 3 sisters.
    Yes, from what I remember you are correct. Derek is the only male sibling, from what I can recall. I thought as well that Amelia was the youngest. I don't ever remember her being called Amy before. Of course she could never replace Sandra Oh, but I would be happy if Caterina joined the cast.

Wow, oh wow, that offer from Burke! Who could resist that? Did you see Yang's eyes glaze over when she saw those dazzling array of 3D printers. I loved the story line of Yang using the 3D printer to fabricate a conduit for that sick infant and all the accolades she garnered. I've been quite interested because my son is employed by a company that manufactures 3D printers for home use. He has his own printer at home and makes the coolest stuff!

I'll miss Yang, I really will. Meredith is going to be lost without her.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post

I really loved the Burke/Cristina storyline last night. I think bringing Burke back this way, fleshing out the details of his real life since he left Cristina at the altar, his reason for wanting to leave his position... and leaving it to Cristina... was about as perfect for me as Shonda is capable of. She's done so much *wrong* in my book she'll never dig herself too far out of the hole I've put her in. Getting back to ground level is the best she'll be able to do and this Burke/Cristina storyline, so far, is working for her in my book
    I agree with you about Shonda. I haven't watched Grey's this year or even wanted to watch Scandal due to Shonda's ability to frustrate me so much. Although I do give her kudos for acting swiftly when one of her employees go off the rails. She fired Isaiah and that dude from Scandal quite quickly, for this business anyways. Sounds like she is protective of her cast, decisive and no-nonsense, so I do like that about her.

In previews, I see that Yang is talking to Owen. Was this really her last episode or will next week be her last episode? I hope it is next week because I want to know if she is going to bring Owen with her to Switzerland. Burke said that Christina needs a house husband to raise the kids, so that makes me think that that is what her plan is, if Owen is willing.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm really surprised some of you missed what Amelia was talking about with the Twin A/Twin B comment. In this surgery they were doing Twin A was the more viable one. If Twin B got to be too far gone, then all resources would go to Twin A. Amelia was working on Twin B and she referenced thhat she'd always be Twin B, meaning everyone would always try to save Derek if there was a choice. Of course in the middle of the surgery, Twin B became Twin A because of a major shift in the health of Twin A. But Amelia just felt like she'd always be Twin B, the less viable of the siblings. I thought that was pretty deep and really explains why Amelia had the problems she had on the PPP.

As for Cristina/Burke, I liked the tie in. It really gave her some closure on the whole thing. He did admit that if the two ever worked together that he'd end up chasing her, which told me he'd always loved her the most and she's the one that got away. Cristina needed that IMO. I'm not sure I love her getting a whole hospital, but I'm sure she'll hire a person with mad business skills to do the business stuff so she'll be a hands on surgeon. This gives her a chance to change medicine which is all she ever wanted.

Sandra Oh has kept me into Grey's for 10 years. I'm not sure if I really will be so inclined to watch without her. Out of all the characters on tv, Cristina is the one I most identify with on a personal level. To me she is Grey's and I'm not sure the show can survive without her. IMO she will be a bigger loss than if they'd lost Ellen.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Fabulous posts! I'm impressed!

Sounds like Miranda Bailey will be admitting to what she did for that immune-depressed child tonight. Sounds like a good night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone watch last night? I'm actually referring to the previews. Is that considered spoiler? In case yes, I'll put my works in spoiler tags. It's a biggie, so if you don't want to be spoiled by a preview do not look!

Click to see Spoiler:
    I was shocked, dismayed and livid when I saw the previews that indicate that Christina dies. That's why they are calling it Farewell to Christina. It's about the worst idea I can think of. Man, Shonda just can't let a good character leave in peace. Killing off the beloved character of Christina is just about as cruel as it gets. Shonda should be ashamed. I'm done with anything this woman does. I was already done with Scandal, but now, I'm done with GA. I won't bother to watch next week, because I don't want to see Christina die. I'm going to pretend it never happened. It's just a tv show, but still. You don't have to defecate on everything Shonda. And if I'm wrong and Christina isn't killed, then NEVER MIND. Sorry. lol
    PWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone watch last night? I'm actually referring to the previews. Is that considered spoiler? In case yes, I'll put my works in spoiler tags. It's a biggie, so if you don't want to be spoiled by a preview do not look!

Click to see Spoiler:
    I was shocked, dismayed and livid when I saw the previews that indicate that Christina dies. That's why they are calling it Farewell to Christina. It's about the worst idea I can think of. Man, Shonda just can't let a good character leave in peace. Killing off the beloved character of Christina is just about as cruel as it gets. Shonda should be ashamed. I'm done with anything this woman does. I was already done with Scandal, but now, I'm done with GA. I won't bother to watch next week, because I don't want to see Christina die. I'm going to pretend it never happened. It's just a tv show, but still. You don't have to defecate on everything Shonda. And if I'm wrong and Christina isn't killed, then NEVER MIND. Sorry. lol
    I am not sure about your spoiler, I mean if it is right or not..
    Click to see Spoiler:
    However Yang was leaving anyway
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Click to see Spoiler:
    It certainly looked that way in the previews (couldn't really figure out what makes that happen), but I thought surely not! I am in denial. What is the need for that? Just let her go to Zurich and come up with new ways to save lives!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    IMO, it's jumping the shark to kill off so many young doctors from one hospital as they have done over the years.

Gotta hand it to Edwards for getting Bailey out of trouble.

+ Reply to Thread