+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Derek and Amelia are not twins, she is the youngest of the siblings.

I loved seeing Burke again but didn't like that in one breath he said his wife is the love of his life and in nearly the next he acknowledged that if he were to work with Christina it would ruin his marriage. But aside from that, I liked their closure.

I've read fan speculation that Amelia will stay around and possibly be a love interest for Owen and a new BFF for Meredith.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

I thought the contradiction from Burke regarding his wife was perfect. When he said she was the love of his life, I think he was trying to get the upper hand on Christina - to show he had moved on and was better off now than he was before. It came from the same vein that inspires most people to lose weight, get a great outfit, and pump up the stats of their life before going to a class reunion. When he said that if he worked with her it would ruin his marriage, that was his admission of the truth. It was the class reunion equivilent of choosing not to wear Spanx to the Sunday picnic before telling everyone goodbye. I took it to show that he realized that Christina truly had the upper hand, and that she had done the better job of moving on, so he might as well just be honest.

Thank goodness for Spanx!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Thank goodness for Spanx!!
    I agree!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Amy has never been an interesting character to me, so if she's going to stick around, I hope they inject a lot more into her personality to make her deserving of a prominent part. Loved Burke and Cristina and the way that all played out, but I have a little problem with the fact that despite her brilliance and promise as a surgeon that she would be offered leadership by anyone of such a major medical center with a seemingly unlimited budget after only 10 years' experience, including her internship. I guess as a plot point to get her to leave Meredith, Owen, etc., it would have to be in response to an offer she can't refuse. Actually, I hope she takes Owen with her. He's been a pretty useless character for a while now, except for the one episode where Cristina was imagining being his wife again and a mommy.
    Did you watch Private Practice? Amy (Amelia) was full of interesting storylines, some of which were pretty controversial. If Shonda brings her to GA, I hope they don't act like none of us are familiar with her from PP.

And whadaya mean you don't buy this whole Cristina being offered such a high profile position? She's DR. CRISTINA YANG dontcha know

I really loved the Burke/Cristina storyline last night. I think bringing Burke back this way, fleshing out the details of his real life since he left Cristina at the altar, his reason for wanting to leave his position... and leaving it to Cristina... was about as perfect for me as Shonda is capable of. She's done so much *wrong* in my book she'll never dig herself too far out of the hole I've put her in. Getting back to ground level is the best she'll be able to do and this Burke/Cristina storyline, so far, is working for her in my book
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 05-02-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    JunkieGirl and Coco46 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

No, I didn't watch PP. I tried to a few times but it didn't appeal to me. Yang never even headed a department at any hospital, so I find it unlikely she would be offered such a prestigious position in charge of what seems to be an entire prestigious and well-financed medical facility. But as I said, I understand that she would have to be offered a fabulous career move in order to leave Seattle ... and the show.

Sandra Oh was on Kimmel last night and I'll say this..she's leaving with loads of class. She bought the whole crew (250) each a gift and hand delivered them. She said there was lots of crying going on..lol.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Sandra Oh was on Kimmel last night and I'll say this..she's leaving with loads of class. She bought the whole crew (250) each a gift and hand delivered them. She said there was lots of crying going on..lol.
    How lovely. She did say in an interview, they really are like her family. Someone of them closer than her RL family.I am going to miss her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In business, it's usually about your connections....not so much what you've done, but Yang has proven herself to be brilliant. I think it makes total sense. And Burke's knowledge about Yang's brain and abilities is first hand.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Brains and abilities as a surgeon do not necessarily equate to competence as the director of a major medical center and all the administrative and financial duties that would entail. I can't even see Cristina wanting to be bogged down by all of that. Plus her people skills or lack thereof could quickly become a liability.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread