+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I didn't realize that they replayed the wedding show before ... I wish I hadn't missed that! I loved the dynamic between Burke and Christina - as good as it ever was. I thought the way they played it was perfect -- both of them had moved on, both were in a good place, but both clearly remembered what it was that drew them together and couldn't quite shake it. It seemed very true to life to me. It also seems like they are clearly setting up Amy to be the replacement character for Yang. That seemed obvious to me after the back and forth about whether she was Amy or Dr Shepard. I wonder how that is going to work for Meredith though. Are they somehow going to make her into the sister that Meredith never quite had?
    tinderbox likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I didn't know (or had forgotten) that Derek and "Amy" were twins. Very well cast because they really do look alike.
    biggbaddgirl and tinderbox like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had forgotten Amy, let alone she was Derek's twin
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I had no clue she was his twin. Are we sure? I thought she was just using that analogy as a sibling, but using the word twin since they were dealing with twins.

I wish they'd call her Amelia, not Amy lol. I do like seeing her character. I wonder if Shonda will bring over any other folks from Private Practice at some point. The interaction with Christina and Burke was fascinating as always. It was a good episode.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I had no clue she was his twin. Are we sure? I thought she was just using that analogy as a sibling, but using the word twin since they were dealing with twins.

I wish they'd call her Amelia, not Amy lol. I do like seeing her character. I wonder if Shonda will bring over any other folks from Private Practice at some point. The interaction with Christina and Burke was fascinating as always. It was a good episode.
    I agree, the interaction between Christina and Burke was great.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm really not sure. I just assumed that it was just something else I had forgotten. I'd also forgotten that they were the only two siblings; for some reason, I though there was another sister. Derek was the one who named her "Amy"....like a PIA sibling might do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Derek had a few sisters and that Amelia is the youngest one. They all came out when he needed hand surgery. I believe Meredith called them all in hopes of getting some kind of donor thingy from one of them. I don't remember the whole scenario. I am probably all kinds of wrong but I do remember that he has like 3 sisters.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

AHA!!!! So it's not just me!!!!

I thought Derek had a few sisters and that Amelia is the youngest one. They all came out when he needed hand surgery. I believe Meredith called them all in hopes of getting some kind of donor thingy from one of them. I don't remember the whole scenario. I am probably all kinds of wrong but I do remember that he has like 3 sisters.
    He has 4 sisters, I love google
    mesachick likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Amy has never been an interesting character to me, so if she's going to stick around, I hope they inject a lot more into her personality to make her deserving of a prominent part. Loved Burke and Cristina and the way that all played out, but I have a little problem with the fact that despite her brilliance and promise as a surgeon that she would be offered leadership by anyone of such a major medical center with a seemingly unlimited budget after only 10 years' experience, including her internship. I guess as a plot point to get her to leave Meredith, Owen, etc., it would have to be in response to an offer she can't refuse. Actually, I hope she takes Owen with her. He's been a pretty useless character for a while now, except for the one episode where Cristina was imagining being his wife again and a mommy.
    tinderbox likes this.

+ Reply to Thread