+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

And if it saves this child it will save others...not only from this disease...

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think this is so much about keeping her grant as it is about saving the child. She knows that this will work. She's willing to take the risk. At least, that's the way I see it.
    And, prhoshay, I think that's exactly how Dr. Miranda Bailey sees it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I, like you guys, liked April for 5 minutes or so. She was enjoyable and now she's back to irrational. I don't think her thoughts of how she wants her children raised are irrational - I just think she's dealing with them irrationally. Make sense?
    Yes, it makes completely and total sense to me! Sometimes people can get so wrapped up in the "what-if" that they refuse to act. In my line of work we call that analysis paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I miss Cristina already. I loved her with Burke - they brought intensity and equality. They were surgeons. I know Burke was a bit more of a softy with choosing Cristina before surgery but ultimately, I think they were equal. I hate her with Owen. That's not the Cristina I love. She's not submissive and unable to make a decision. I think the Burke thing will be Cristina realizing she can't excel at Seattle-Grace-Mercy-Death-Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital and he'll offer her a job. What I want most is a good Meredith-Cristina episode. Not a finale of their friendship, but more of a recap of where they started and how far they've come. How they worked through their issues both professionally (remember the serial killer?) and personally. To me, they are the crux of this show - not MerDer - but MerCristina. I hope Shonda does that friendship justice. When George and Izzie left, I feel like I lost friends. I loved watching them. But with Cristina, I feel like I'm losing my best friend! I can't describe it. I don't think this show will be the same. I'll watch because I still love some of the characters and some of the plot themes, but ultimately, it will lose something with Cristina leaves.
    My sister shares your thoughts about Cristina. While she's never been one of my faves it's perhaps because I stopped watching for a few years and while Cristina was with Burke I was watching only sporadically. One thing I will consistently shout from the rooftops is that I love the Cristina/Meredith friendship... and I will miss it as if MerCris was my very own person.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 04-27-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think this is so much about keeping her grant as it is about saving the child. She knows that this will work. She's willing to take the risk. At least, that's the way I see it.
    Hmmm...now you have me thinking! I wonder if she'll do it and it doesn't work. She's so confident it will work, what if it doesn't. I just want Bailey to be recognized for the kick ass doctor she is - they had her all over the place - OCD, BCB (bootie call Bailey LOL). I would love to see a story that works. I hope if she does go through with it (or convinces the mom that she should agree to do it), that it does work. I don't want any more failure for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    One thing I will consistently shout from the rooftops is that I love the Cristina/Meredith friendship... and I will miss it as if MerCris was my very own person.
    I know!!! Best friendship on TV.
    Coco46 likes this.

I'm a big-time April fan. I was surprised that Shonda was writing her to be fun for a while because I know how Shonda thinks. I'm not surprised about the turn in writing.

The April/Jackson love story was one of my all-time faves. The 2 actors are fantabulous when given real depth with which to work.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm a big-time April fan. I was surprised that Shonda was writing her to be fun for a while because I know how Shonda thinks. I'm not surprised about the turn in writing.

The April/Jackson love story was one of my all-time faves. The 2 actors are fantabulous when given real depth with which to work.
    I never really saw the development of that love story ... unless I don't remember. All I recall is that April impulsively slept with him -- her first -- mainly due to nerves over taking her boards, and all of a sudden they were in love?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I never really saw the development of that love story ... unless I don't remember. All I recall is that April impulsively slept with him -- her first -- mainly due to nerves over taking her boards, and all of a sudden they were in love?
    I agree. They never seemed like a good fit to me. And I never got the sense that Avery was passionately in love with her, even if the dialogue had him saying he was.

I will really miss MerTina. One of the great TV love stories. They are each other's "person".

Christina: "If I murdered someone, she's the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor."
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I agree. They never seemed like a good fit to me. And I never got the sense that Avery was passionately in love with her, even if the dialogue had him saying he was.

I will really miss MerTina. One of the great TV love stories. They are each other's "person".

Christina: "If I murdered someone, she's the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor."
    I agree, its a great friendship. I am glad its going out on a high note, rather than just fizzle out when the show does.
    mushybrain likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Lifetime reruns started at season 1 episode 1 today. I love knowing the development of the characters. It was weird seeing Cristina knowing she's leaving. But there were some classic lines in that episode that I loved.

Even though there are so many things that I believe Shonda did wrong with the show (hello - Lexie and Mark???), it really is such a great show. Love watching the reruns and I'm counting the days til Thursday to see Burke again.
    combatcutie likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved the shows last night! It was smart to encore the wedding show right before the "it's almost over" show. I was not surprised that Burke had moved on in his personal life, but I was pleasantly surprised at his offer to Cristina.....that was HUGE! Now, I want her to take Meredith and Derek with her! I still can't stand the idea of Sandra Oh leaving the show.....and I really miss Private Practice. I loved it when Yang tore into Burke before she knew about his family status; she had some unfinished business with him and a few things to say.

I loved seeing that immune deficiency boy doing so much better due to Bailey's doing what she did. This is one of those things that she can never talk about; can't wait to see how that shakes down. I'll be holding my breath for her until it does.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread