+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I, like you guys, liked April for 5 minutes or so. She was enjoyable and now she's back to irrational. I don't think her thoughts of how she wants her children raised are irrational - I just think she's dealing with them irrationally. Make sense?

I miss Cristina already. I loved her with Burke - they brought intensity and equality. They were surgeons. I know Burke was a bit more of a softy with choosing Cristina before surgery but ultimately, I think they were equal. I hate her with Owen. That's not the Cristina I love. She's not submissive and unable to make a decision. I think the Burke thing will be Cristina realizing she can't excel at Seattle-Grace-Mercy-Death-Grey-Sloan Memorial hospital and he'll offer her a job.

What I want most is a good Meredith-Cristina episode. Not a finale of their friendship, but more of a recap of where they started and how far they've come. How they worked through their issues both professionally (remember the serial killer?) and personally. To me, they are the crux of this show - not MerDer - but MerCristina. I hope Shonda does that friendship justice.

When George and Izzie left, I feel like I lost friends. I loved watching them. But with Cristina, I feel like I'm losing my best friend! I can't describe it. I don't think this show will be the same. I'll watch because I still love some of the characters and some of the plot themes, but ultimately, it will lose something with Cristina leaves.

as far as Karev - not sure what he'll do, but I LOVE how he's grown over the years - he can still throw a good ole douchebag softball into the middle of a heartwarming conversation. Which is what I love about him.

and Bailey would NOT go against the rules - remember how pissed she was at Meredith during the Alzheimer's trial? Poor writing. I miss Nazi Bailey.
    Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.

...I miss Nazi Bailey....
    Me, too! Bailey has been systematically watered down over the last few seasons. She's become a shell of her former self....which makes me sad.
    marybethp likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally believe that Bailey is going to go against the rules in injecting that sick child with the "denatured" HIV virus, regardless of his parents' signature.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I totally believe that Bailey is going to go against the rules in injecting that sick child with the "denatured" HIV virus, regardless of his parents' signature.
    But she has the papers with their okay on it, doesn't she. I think she will go ahead as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought that Bailey would inject the child too. Even with the signed release forms, the mother was very loudly announcing her objection which other people heard. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But she has the papers with their okay on it, doesn't she. I think she will go ahead as well
    I think there was still a page, or two, the mother hadn't signed.
    PWS likes this.

I think Bailey knows she has some signed papers and maybe legally she can do it to save the kid, but also knows that the mother doesn't want it. My point was that Bailey the person wouldn't usually do that - it's not her style. I remember when she wanted to save a couple of her long time patients over the years, but personally I don't think the Bailey I used to love would end up doing it in the end. I still think back to when Mer messed with the trial and how angry Bailey was at the blatant disregard for rules. That's her style. I hate what they've done to her.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I think Bailey knows she has some signed papers and maybe legally she can do it to save the kid, but also knows that the mother doesn't want it. My point was that Bailey the person wouldn't usually do that - it's not her style. I remember when she wanted to save a couple of her long time patients over the years, but personally I don't think the Bailey I used to love would end up doing it in the end. I still think back to when Mer messed with the trial and how angry Bailey was at the blatant disregard for rules. That's her style. I hate what they've done to her.
    But she wants to keep her grant, Avery said she couldn't prove what she was doing would work.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

But she wants to keep her grant, Avery said she couldn't prove what she was doing would work.
    oooh I forgot about the grants.... Shonda makes my head spin. LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think this is so much about keeping her grant as it is about saving the child. She knows that this will work. She's willing to take the risk. At least, that's the way I see it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread