+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I just want to talk about that cool futuristic looking phone Meredith had!
    mesachick and Cornholio like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

I hope they don't kill the character off only because it would mean four seasons of Meredith wallowing in grief and that would get old. I always have mixed feelings over emmy bait episodes like this. They are interesting, but they don't advance anything. Oh, and they rarely garner the Emmys they are pleading for.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really think the episode did advance something very important ... Yang's ultimate decision to leave Seattle. She realizes it's too difficult for her and Owen to continue to work together. Did they need to devote the entire episode to that? Nooooo.... BTW, I thought it was funny that the only "vision" of Bailey in Yang's imagining the future was Bailey doing a juicing infomercial, and Yang saying something about a heart attack and having warned her not to take calcium pills.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I think we all "get" that Christina will be leaving since it's totally known that Sandra Oh is leaving Grey's Anatomy. Shonda's got a very large cast and a whole lot of em seem to be dying on the vine as we drag out all-things-Christina. The episode didn't do it for me... either in terms of creativity or storyline. Seeing Burke again will be interesting but I'd put money on Christina not being killed off. I just think this show has had far too many deaths... even for a hospital drama... and after a while the construct loses value and meaning.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I was actually more upset about the man with the broken neck than anything Christina was going through. Plus, we get it about Sandra Oh from reading/hearing publicity. but they still have to set the stage for the departure of Christina Yang on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I was actually more upset about the man with the broken neck than anything Christina was going through. Plus, we get it about Sandra Oh from reading/hearing publicity. but they still have to set the stage for the departure of Christina Yang on the show.
    She is a very big part of this show, she needs a really good storyline when she leaves, I hope she gets one
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I'm sick of the intern that slept with Arizona. Really, filing a complaint b/c she was broken up with??? What ever happened to putting your big girl panties on and dealing with it. I loved Alex standing up to the board!!! He was completely correct in what he said.
    This last episode we finally got more info about the suit...it wasn't that she was upset with Arizona, it was that she was upset that Callie took HER upsetness out on the intern, and didn't advance her education as she (Callie) should have. Good point.

And I have to say, I'm glad to see a note of reality introduced into the workplace. No modern workplace would think it was fine for people of different power levels to be having relationships---the slippery slope to sexual harassment is obvious, even if a relationship STARTS as consensual. Would you really feel free to break up with your boss if he didn't want to? In the educational setting it's even worse, as people want to avoid the person who just dumped them...and when you add the cheated on spouse into the mix, yikes. The legal love form is a compromise that protects the institution from lawsuits by allowing open and above board relationships, and having everyone promise to behave well in event of a break up (with, I'm sure, penalties if they don't, especially someone highter up the food chain), and giving notice to the admin that as much as possible the institution should try to protect the intern's education. If s/he can't be moved out of the superior's chain of command without hurting the intern's education then, for example, there might be arrangements for additional supervision by an equally powerful person. That way, if the relationship goes sour the interns recommendations are not entirely dependent on the good will of the ex.
    I investigated sexual harassment complaints for 3 years at a university, that included a med school, and I have to say that to watch GA I just had to hum to myself and pretend I was in some alternate universe.

Wow, so many things happened last night! When Amelia showed up and Derek called her Amy, it threw me off. Then I remembered he calls her Amy. Not sure what the purpose of having her show up was, other than maybe she will be joining the cast? Otherwise it was just filler and seemed to have her character show some regression from the progress she made on PP.

On to Christina...she really did have enough votes for the HA award! My heart broke for Richard when he went to see Catherine to propose but she thought it was to find out why Christina didn't win, argument ensues, and he leaves the ring on her desk and walks away. Good for him though and for telling Owen the truth, who in turn told Christina. So basically none of the doctors at GS can ever win as long as they are funded by the Harper Avery foundation. I wonder if this means they will try again to get funding elsewhere. Seems unfair that none of their hard work will ever pay off because of politics.

I'm liking that Alex is trying the private practice thing, it shows growth. I hope he sticks with it and still does appearances at the hospital. He did say he would still have privileges there.

Am I the only one who, when the storyline of all three children having heart problems was introduced, immediately thought one of the parents was doing something to make them sick, like a Munchausen type of thing? One, then two, then all three suddenly had heart problems, the parents are frazzled, and something just seemed off. I do hope the writers let us know what caused their illness, especially now that one of the children has sadly died. You would think that a mystery illness involving all three kids would trigger a child protective as well as an environmental (as in water and other elemental testing) investigation of some sort.

The promos show Burke's appearance next week. I'm pretty sure it's just a job offer and not that he wants her back romantically. I can't wait though, although I know it will be hard to see Sandra Oh go.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-25-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

For a brief moment in the scene where Owen found Christina fully dressed in the shower, I thought she had hung herself. I jumped out of my seat. I'm glad that was not the case, but it certainly shocked me for a second! I think the whole Haper Avery funding storyline is getting silly. Honestly, the doctors being the board and owning the hospital in general is silly. I think it would be nice if the result of Christina not getting the award is that the hospital is somehow sold to a group that will return it to just being a show about doctors again and get out of the business angle. I also think that Alex's time in private practice is going to be short lived. Something will happen where a child at the hospital is critical and he's the only one that can save him/her and he'll realize that matters more to him than money.

...Am I the only one who, when the storyline of all three children having heart problems was introduced, immediately thought one of the parents was doing something to make them sick, like a Munchausen type of thing? One, then two, then all three suddenly had heart problems, the parents are frazzled, and something just seemed off. I do hope the writers let us know what caused their illness, especially now that one of the children has sadly died. You would think that a mystery illness involving all three kids would trigger a child protective as well as an environmental (as in water and other elemental testing) investigation of some sort....
    Wasn't it determined that there was a genetic issue with the children? I seem to remember that both parents carried a defective gene. Hmmm... I could be wrong.

NEVER liked Burke. Not too happy to see he's back. Hope it's not to sweep Cristina off her feet and carry her away. Pray he won't be returning to the flock for good.

I've got to say...Grey's Anatomy still has it! Last night's show was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread