Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yeah, that bridal gown was quite nice.
    I loved her gown. She is a pretty girl imho
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Isn't this just the winter finale? We haven't seen what havoc Shonda will wreak for the season finale. Maybe Christina will be the only loss, but depending how she's written out, history dictates either one or two major deaths. Owen is pretty useless; maybe he's out. I hope the chief stays ... he's needed for stability. Personally I think the show will tank without Yang, or at least be nowhere near as good.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    What!? Christina is leaving at the end of the year? The character is leaving the show? Damn I hate spoilers!
    Oh I am so sorry. I thought everyone knew that Sandra Oh was leaving the show otherwise I would have used spoiler tags. It was all over the news last summer. Now I feel so bad.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Oh I am so sorry. I thought everyone knew that Sandra Oh was leaving the show otherwise I would have used spoiler tags. It was all over the news last summer. Now I feel so bad.
    I wouldn't have called that a spoiler as that news has been out for ages. I don't even watch the show and I knew that Sandra Oh was leaving. I do have to admit that I don't mind spoilers at all, but I don't think that was one. JMO.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't have mentioned Yang leaving except I thought everyone knew that Sandra Oh planned to move on. She has discussed it on talk shows all season, and there were several posts mentioning it before mine, but I'm sorry it was a spoiler for you, Uncle David.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, technically a spoiler, but the cat's been out of the bag for a long time, even on this site, so I think we can give up on trying to keep it a secret at this point, as we normally would.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sandra Oh's leaving comes more under the category of "general information". There was no surprise intended from the show people. I'm just glad/surprised she's still there. That wasn't even, technically, a spoiler. That was huge news for fans of the show back when it was announced. I'm surprised you did not hear the grumbling.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-14-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Let's get the ugly outta the way.
    What I hated... Callie/Arizona. Split. Them. Up. PLEASE! Once and for all, just split up Callie and Arizona, and let them move on to something better. I've never been a Calzona fan and ever since the plane crash it's just been unbearable to watch their relationship devolve.

Now, onto the GOOD!!! Several things I loved in this "winter" finale (c'mon, Shonda, it's NOT winter yet sheesh)... anyway...

The Chief. Yes, Richard Webber will always be "The Chief" to me. He's come a long way and knew exactly how to handle Ross to get him out of there and gain control of the situation.

The Kepner sister's "look"... and the even better look that Cristina gave back. Her smug "huh? oh yeah, whatever, screw you" look was priceless

April Kepner's wedding gown. Love love love love love LOVED it. So beautiful and different and just simply tasteful. Totally April. It wasn't "hot". It wasn't strapless. It was beautiful and different and tasteful and looked like it was made just for her (sorry I didn't care for the Heidi braid but otherwise did love her hair!).

Jackson Avery. My mouth fell open, I gasped and then I cried. I feel so sorry for Matthew and who knows what that crazy Kepner will do/say, but Avery! Way to (finally) go!

April Kepner. I've always been rooting for her, even when she went off the rails and back to the farm, I was rooting for her to get it together. I want a happy ending for her. I really do. I know she's not a favorite and lots of folks don't like her but I do. I want her to get a happy ending and I want it to be with Jackson
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 12-15-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    football_chick and ilja like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the gown--yes, perfect for April---she wouldn't want a "hootchie mama" gown--or even strapless. Frankly I can't see why any bride wants a strapless gown--I've been to several weddings with them now and the bride is always constantly tugging at her dress--and there is just no way to do that gracefully. What with all the taping of the ceremony nowadays, is that the image you want burned forever--you yanking at your breasts at the altar? Just so impractical. Of course they cut those tugs during taping of a TV show, but I can't imagine it works any better there, it just looks like it does.
    I'm rooting for April, too. I like her groom as well, so whichever she chooses is ok with me...they did say in the voiceover that you can risk all and still lose (Avery). What does the groom do? Is he also a doctor?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He is a paramedic.

When you, continuously, have to tug at the top of your dress, it doesn't fit properly or you don't have the appropriately fitting undergarment...if you are wearing any at all. You know it is said that most of us are wearing the wrong bra sizes, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread