+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I enjoyed the episode. My biggest problem is that Shonda seems to forget the personalities she developed for people. Arizona was a sweet, high-ponytail, heelys girl. I know she had the leg blah blah blah but her inherent personality is different. I used to love Arizona because she was the forever optimist. Now she's just grouchy and whiney. That change happened before the plane crash, so it's like Shonda forgets who people are and just writes to fit the story. But that doesn't work (a friend and I always talk about how Burke said his mother owned a restaurant and then we MET her and she would NEVER own a restaurant - her personality was completely opposite of how Burke originally described her). It's things like that that piss me off.

Surprising about the miscarriage - took me a minute to figure out the timing of things, but I guess it was when Mer was still pregnant.

I liked the episode and while they didn't touch on the other stories going on (Bailey, Mer/Cristina), it was so devoted to Callie that I'm not sure it mattered. They didn't skip ahead in time, so next week should slide right back in.
    AcookerTV likes this.

I still have no clue what the name of the intern is that Arizona is maintaining a relationship with. Even if it was told to me it would pop out of my head in minutes because those guys are forgettable. Sometimes I feel like she's modeling this show off of ER with it's ever changing casts.

I agree about the personality switch ups. I'm not sure Shonda is totally to blame though. The many writers on her team take turns writing episodes. It's not generally a collective effort. My biggest beef is with Bailey/Nazi. I like that they softened her up, but they went too far with it. She went from badass to hot mess. At one time, she was the heart of the show. Now there isn't one.

Also, to add, it's been 10 seasons. Isn't it high time for them to delve into Alex a little more? I'd rather watch his story unfold than watch Arizona slut it up.
    causingchaos and Coco46 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I agree. I want badass Bailey back. She used to be my favorite character. Now, she is sort of just there. And while I am commenting, let's just get rid of Arizona. I am tired of her story line along with the intern that is her "love interest".
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I totally agree about Alex. And it fascinates me that they just kind of toss his character repeatedly in the background even after going through some stuff on the show. It's like he's some after thought.

I continue to be interested in whatever happened to Owen's PTSD issues too. Cured apparently?

So is that it with Alex and his father? Owen, meh, I don't care for him, or what his problems are.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I only care about Owen's problems as a continuity issue. They spent a lot of episodes on him attacking Christina when they were sleeping and he had a dream etc. And maybe I missed the episode that he was cured in. But that was a significant part of that character. I agree with with this whole notion that they have a lot of trouble carrying personalities and continuity sorts of things on this show sometimes.

Alex is another one. Got shot, had some issues and then he kind of vanished into the background.

Regarding Justin Chambers, AKA Alex, I seem to recall reading that he checked into a facility a few years ago due to exhaustion or something like that. He has a big family as well (lots of children). It's possible, although this is just a guess, that he may have asked for less screen time to focus on his family, issues, etc.

But I also wish he would have more screen time, and I hated the way everyone shut him out of the loop when they bought the hospital. I read we haven't seen the last of his father so hopefully some interesting stuff will be coming up regarding that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Wow, can't believe the Grey's thread dropped down so low!

Didn't you just know Avery was going to stand up and say something? And that April was hoping he would, which is why she wanted so badly to make sure he was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Wow, can't believe the Grey's thread dropped down so low!

Didn't you just know Avery was going to stand up and say something? And that April was hoping he would, which is why she wanted so badly to make sure he was there?
    Yes, and Yes. I think Avery is gorgeous. I am sick to death of Callie and Arizona, you just know that's not going to work out. Derek is looking good with a touch of grey in his hair .Ross, red bull Ross -had a complete meltdown. SMH
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread