+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    For the most part, I agree with you prhoshay. But there have been a few storylines done on Grey's that they have tried to treat as educational. They did one last year with a mom who was certain that something beyond strep was wrong with her daughter -- and after the show did an informational "if you'd like to learn more" type announcement. I remember something with another disease (though I don't remember the disease) where the actors involved in the storyline did a few interviews on shows like The View to talk about what they'd learned doing the story and to spread awareness. IF they go down that road with OCD, I'll be angry, because what they are doing is not spreading awareness ... it's spreading misunderstanding. If they stay away from the awareness messages and just tell a story, then I"ll accept it just like I accepted Addison being a neonatologist who could become an OB/GYN when the story called for it, or the number of people violating HR policies in all sorts of ways in linen closests, break rooms, and all over the hospital.
    IIRC, this storyline about the daughter involved something that Chandra Wilson's eldest daughter was actually going through. "Family issues" will get priority representation over other issues, in a different way, and I don't think that is unfair, especially when it is as unknown as Chandra's daughter's problem is. But, I could be wrong. I also could be misremembering.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Did I miss an episode or something between this week and last week? i didn't know where we were in the timeline of the season, we didn't learn about what's wrong with Bailey, we didn't get the fall out from Mer and Cristina. I left this episode just being very confused.

Having said that, I hope Cristina does it with the intern Ross. That would be amusing.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. It took me a few to catch on to what was going on with all the flashbacks lol. Interesting seeing all the stuff that happened between Callie and Arizona. If I were Arizona I wouldn't have been all that pleased with the marriage either. She lost their baby and Callie barely even seemed to care. Ugh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I cannot stand Arizona, simpering little nitwit
    Cornholio and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A lot of people don't seem to like Arizona. I don't care one way or the other. She's not my favorite character, but I don't dislike her either. I still miss Lexie
    prhoshay and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    A lot of people don't seem to like Arizona. I don't care one way or the other. She's not my favorite character, but I don't dislike her either. I still miss Lexie

I just find her selfish and sort of whiny. I miss Lexie as well. I really liked her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'd rather be watching about Lexi and Mark than Arizona and Callie.
    mesachick and JavaJo like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You all need a sťance.....or a medium!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I feel the same way about Arizona - I can take her or leave her. I really miss both Mark and Lexie. The only thing that made me feel better about Lexie was that I read that she wanted out of the show (forget the reason), but somehow it made me feel better than the fact that Chandra Wilson just decided to kill a character off.

I thought this was a good episode, but it did seem out of sequence from what we saw the week before.

FORT Fogey

This episode felt to me like the writers wanted Sara Ramirez to have an emmy bait episode and that they decided it was a mistake to split up Callie and Arizona. So they threw together a random episode to fix both problems. It was interesting, because it was the first time we saw hints that perhaps Callie is the selfish one in their relationship rather that Arizona.

+ Reply to Thread