+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I agree. Surprises aren't good ideas, and living with somebody (even if you are close to them and love them) will still take some adjusting to.....it's not just automatically rosy. Small steps...not gigantic "umbrella steps" are smarter. Communication.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, but still think she is overreacting. Something else seems wrong with her. Hmm
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tumor??? Neurological issue??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Tumor??? Neurological issue??
    Lets ask her hubby!

He does know something is wrong, he mentioned her counting-
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think it was the coming home part that upset het. It's that he made the decision on his own without even giving her a heads up. Communication is important in a marriage and he bypassed that. Plus, it's an adjustment going from short visits to living together full time. Throw in her being fired by the chief and I'm sure her stress levels are through the roof.
    I don't think the heads up was the problem with Bailey as much as not being the sole decision maker was the problem. And then to top it off he wasn't as interested or as passionate about surgery as he thought he was when he went out there and lets face it surgery is all there is in Bailey's life with little room for anything else.
    mesachick likes this.

Bailey seemed OCD with the counting and finger rubbing... she has a need to be in control and feels a loss of it with her husband not sticking to the plan for his schooling, the surgery room getting switched, etc.

I don't really get the 3D printer thing. So you print something like a liver and you can actually use it as a liver? I kind of thought Meredith had the idea to use the printed liver for the teenage boy she was operating on - the tumors were so deep in the liver and she didn't want to go for those. I thought because she knew she wanted to take the whole liver out and stick the printed one in instead. But I guess it was too soon for that! I was thinking when Ross/Christina pulled the liver off halfway through that it was going to mess things up for the boy, but he was already closed up anyway...

FORT Fogey

I got the feeling wit the fingers that they are going with an OCD storyline for Bailey, and it irritated me. I have a close friend who has dealt with OCD and the realities of it that stretch FAR beyond "Oh I like my house to be neat and clean". It seems like the idea with Bailey is that after the bad glove that killed the patient, she became germ phobic that led to OCD. There are a lot of things this show does that are unrealistic. But if they go that route, this will take the cake for ignoring reality for the sake of drama. I don't care when they do that for the sake of drama. If they try to present it as "we are teaching people about OCD" it will make me mad.

I see it as being done for the sake of drama. There is only so much time to get the storyline out there. These are not teaching shows, really. People who want to know more intense details can do research. These people are looking to entertain, more so than anything.

FORT Fogey

For the most part, I agree with you prhoshay. But there have been a few storylines done on Grey's that they have tried to treat as educational. They did one last year with a mom who was certain that something beyond strep was wrong with her daughter -- and after the show did an informational "if you'd like to learn more" type announcement. I remember something with another disease (though I don't remember the disease) where the actors involved in the storyline did a few interviews on shows like The View to talk about what they'd learned doing the story and to spread awareness. IF they go down that road with OCD, I'll be angry, because what they are doing is not spreading awareness ... it's spreading misunderstanding. If they stay away from the awareness messages and just tell a story, then I"ll accept it just like I accepted Addison being a neonatologist who could become an OB/GYN when the story called for it, or the number of people violating HR policies in all sorts of ways in linen closests, break rooms, and all over the hospital.
    elleprn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Bailey seemed OCD with the counting and finger rubbing... she has a need to be in control and feels a loss of it with her husband not sticking to the plan for his schooling, the surgery room getting switched, etc.

I don't really get the 3D printer thing. So you print something like a liver and you can actually use it as a liver? I kind of thought Meredith had the idea to use the printed liver for the teenage boy she was operating on - the tumors were so deep in the liver and she didn't want to go for those. I thought because she knew she wanted to take the whole liver out and stick the printed one in instead. But I guess it was too soon for that! I was thinking when Ross/Christina pulled the liver off halfway through that it was going to mess things up for the boy, but he was already closed up anyway...
    I'm pretty sure that that she was practicing printing a plastic liver working up to making a liver or one of the veins or something. Or was going to use the fake liver as practice for getting to the tumor in the boy. But it wasn't a replacement liver for him. But it was important to whatever research she was going to do.

Whereas Christina was going to use it for a practical purpose that was going to be used to save a patient.

I didn't feel much empathy for Mer in that whole scene. If it was written as such that month and months of research were screwed up (like she did to Derek's trial) then yeah I would have. But from what I could tell it was 12 hours of printing the liver and then whatever it took for Christina to build her scaffolding for her procedure.

+ Reply to Thread