+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I think it's ridiculous to think you can have it all. Major fairy tale. Something is going to suffer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree whole heartedly with the above. It doesn't matter what your profession is, something will suffer (and it's usually the kids) if both parents work full time. At least Meredith is figuring that out now.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I loved that scene between Meredith and Christina, not so much because of the reality of something suffering when you try to do it all (I disagree that it's usually the kids -- I'll admit my work suffers because I put my family ahead of it. My boss is cool with it, but I also know that I hold myself back in my career because it is MY choice to do it) but because it was a reality check of Christina calling Meredith out on being so self-centered. It frustrates me that there are so many main character's on TV shows that expect the world to revolve around them. I think it happens because it's natural when plotlines make it that way. But i get tired at times of the way it happens. I loved that Christina was snapping Meredith in to recognizing that not everyone is focused on what is best for Meredith being the top priority. Other people care about Meredith, but care about other things more. That's okay - its the way it should be. I liked the reality check.

I loved the reality check for Mer, and who better to get it from. WTG Christina. Alex really should confront his father .Loved Callie dancing in her underwear
    I am liking Edwards a little more since she stood up to Avery's mother at the end
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Meredith looked like Cristina had slapped her!!! That was beautiful! Brought her out of dreamland! Liked seeing Richard returning to his teaching self. Very good sign. Avery's mother really loves him!

I remember lecturing this stupid student nurse-chick who came into my hospital room to draw blood and, basically, she just draped the tourniquet over my arm, as opposed to tightening it. She got this queasy look on her face, and I told her to go find somebody else to draw my blood. That was just stooopid! I didn't call her stooopid, but I did give her a straight-on talking to. I was extremely offended! Never saw her again! I am pretty sure we were both happy about that. I don't play that digging around with needles stuff.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched sort of last night. I saw sort of because I don't really care about Arizona, any of the interns or any of the new love interests. Which cuts out a substantial part of the show.

Anyhow. There was a part of me that was kind of happy to see Mer morph back into her whiny self centered self. She can fit her plastic parts research any time. There's only a small window of time to save a life. Plus the hospital will make money off of Christina's procedure in the immediate now.

Once Sandra leaves the show I'm not sure how long I will watch it.

On a side note did Owen's PTSD sudden get cured in one of the past seasons?
    Last edited by causingchaos; 11-08-2013 at 07:28 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I watched sort of last night.
    I'm with you. I found there were times that I wasn't paying attention at all and I'll need to go back and watch the show again. I like how they are having Meredith and Cristina "grow" apart. I really can't stand any of the interns. They are so boring.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I enjoyed it last night, I just wonder what is happening with Bailey.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the black female intern's role is going to get interesting, as well as the black male intern's.

I kept expecting Bailey to fall over with a seizure, but was glad when she didn't. A lot of times, when people start smelling something that others don't smell, that can be an aura before a seizure....that plus what seemed to be the "dizziness" and visual disturbances. I now think it's emotional issues; she keeps herself under serious pressure.

I guess only time will tell.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think the black female intern's role is going to get interesting, as well as the black male intern's.

I kept expecting Bailey to fall over with a seizure, but was glad when she didn't. A lot of times, when people start smelling something that others don't smell, that can be an aura before a seizure....that plus what seemed to be the "dizziness" and visual disturbances. I now think it's emotional issues; she keeps herself under serious pressure.

I guess only time will tell.
    Yes, when she said she smelt something, I thought about a seizure .I also thought she was having a panic attack- I like Ross, he and Christine work well together
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread