+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I like that there's no aphasia for Richard! Interesting to see the annoyance at being brought back to life. I don't think there is any surprise with that. When a person has been in an extended condition like he was, I think you should expect just about anything from them, and take nothing personally; you can always talk it out later. Very well done, Shonda! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really liked that the intern took it upon himself to insert the feeding tube and convinced Richard, in private, man-to-man.

I like Cristina and Owen acknowledging the reality of where/what their relationship is about, and trying to make conscious decisions about it. Now, it remains to be seen if they can make their/her decisions work. Usually, it takes a couple of failed attempts before they can really go forward.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

With Callie and Arizona, there is a child invovled, but Arizona is not involved as a mother. She's involved as a step parent who has a very close relationsihp with her step child. Mark did not serve as a sperm donor for two women. Callie was continuing to hook up with him while she was getting involved with Arizona, and got pregnant. Arizona accepted Callie's child from another relationship as part of her family.

Richard with the intern Ross, very good acting. I think Richard will have a change of heart later on. I would have thought he would have made his intension's clearer.

Callie was really hurt. Arizona seems to act so selfishly sometimes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With people like "Richard", things can change from day-to-day. What I find interesting is that people never know what they are really going to do until they have to do it; the problem is that nothing is set in stone, and minds are subject to change. It is very hard dealing with your own mortality. Those forms, with everything all written down in black and white, can hit you like a ton of bricks and make you question yourself and make deciding very hard. A friend had to get some DNR forms for his mother, and I read them over; I got "the vapors" just reading the forms and I didn't even know his mother. It's a lot.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

These interns could not carry a show if they had the best writers around. I can't remember any of their names.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

That's a great point! They've been on the show for a year now, and we still refer to them as "the tall one" "the one whose a guy" etc. I think that's a result of an identity crisis with the show. It was orignally about surgical interns, and the attending doctors were merely supporting players. Once the original crew of interns finished their residencies (or left) Shonda had to decide if it was a show about residents or a show about the original characters. She's trying to have it both ways, and it falls flat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    These interns could not carry a show if they had the best writers around. I can't remember any of their names.
    They did more to make Ross memorable and credible in this episode. He seemed pretty inept and clueless before. Then there's Jo (is that her name?), who so far is little more than just yet another hookup for Karev. The tall one (can't remember her name at all) really has no clearly defined personality or purpose as far as I can tell, and the one who is Avery's girlfriend just gets on my nerves. She's like a little girl ... voice, mannerisms, and all ... who is playing doctor, the one who was lucky enough to have snagged Avery, though I don't know why. Neither she nor April is good enough for him.

I don't like Richard much right now either lol. He's a doctor so he of all people should have known to put a DNR in his instructions if that is what he truly wanted. I don't know how he could blame Meredith for not being able to read his mind.
    combatcutie and Coco46 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't have a DNR/DNI but I do have a proxy with explicit instructions about chances of meaningful recovery etc. Lots of people do living wills and DNR/DNI's not recognizing what that really means as a blanket answer to all procedures without taking into account the context of the need for a procedure. Only once did I sign a DNR prior to a procedure in a hospital because I knew failure of the procedure and the need to bring me back had very limited chances of resulting in a meaningful recovery. So when I watch Richard's story and granted I didn't watch it that closely I saw him more annoyed not that she couldn't read his mind but that he survived and it was almost like she didn't take into account what survival meant to him.

I've watched the first couple shows now. I continue to be largely disinterested in this show but watch it because its on one of my 5 channels. I have no clue who any of these interns are or why they're important just like back when the two hospital combined I didn't know who those people were either or why they were important. As it turns out with everyone dying off many of them weren't that important apparently. I figure the same is going to happen here. I feel like she's kind of recycling death storylines in a way too which doesn't help me. Since i know every season is goign to have some epic tragedy and probably cheating I find it hard to care for any of these people.

FORT Fogey

Drunk Arizona and Kepner should be a spin off series.

+ Reply to Thread