+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Grey's was pretty good last night. Glad that Richard seems to be ok - although I don't think there was much doubt of that. Brooks' death was sad. I liked her character. Seems to have really shook Derek too. Christina and Owen - bleh. They just need to be done with that storyline for good. I like how Avery called out April - man was he pissed off at her! And then she goes running to the other guy to propose? I found that pretty weird. Callie and Arizona - I am on the fence. I don't think I care enough about their relationship to begin with, to care if they end things or not. I burned out on them last season during all the Arizona fake leg drama. I do like Callie's remembrance of Richard. I remember that as well, when he found her living at the hospital. "I don't dance around in my underwear anymore" - I could relate to that comment. Missing a time when you were happy.

Glad the show is back!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The reason I feel Richard's true condition may be still up in the air is that we've seen him awake and heard his thoughts......but it's not unheard of for people to be able to think and hear themselves being rational in their minds, but what comes out of their mouths is all wonky and confused-sounding. It's heartbreaking. It's called aphasia.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The two hours were so full of so many story lines and so much drama, that it was almost overwhelming to me. How exactly did Derek lose Brooks? What happened that he couldn't save her? I, too, am tired of Cristina-Owen doing the same thing over and over. I hope they're both involved in other story lines real soon. It's almost like they don't know what else to do with Owen, and that's a shame because he's the chief. We only see him doing surgery or Cristina!

Just watched - good episode overall. I wonder if Derek's second choice intern (I don't know any other interns names either, LOL) will tell people his secret, that he lied to Brooks and sent her down there when really Derek wanted her in surgery with him? He's going crazy because he believes he should've been the one to die. I'll miss the quirky Brooks character.

The one character on this show I just can't stand is Kepner. She is incredibly annoying. I was cheering when Avery told her off. Go Avery! Put that in your pipe and smoke it Kepner! And since Avery rejected her she ran off to give the EMS guy a solid yes. Hhhm, is there a theme of second choices tonight?

Callie & Arizona? To be honest, I never really bought into Callie as a lesbian after all her hot sex with Sloan and her thing with George. I don't know, I just never really saw it. I think Arizona should be with the visiting doc she hooked up with - can't remember her name but I think of her as Peyton since that was the actress' name on One Tree Hill. Start over fresh. There is too much bad history between Callie and Arizona.

Loved seeing the interns finally bond and all support the one guy by going out to "the pile" with him in a slow-motion walk scene.

Seeing the Chief wake up to hear Meredith talking about how she and the Chief are family - sniff, sniff. Very moving scene. I loved it when Karev suggested that the chief is her Meredith's dad... she needs to get a DNA test! I've been thinking that would be a good storyline for years. :-)

I feel like I am intruding as I rarely comment on this thread, but received a notification of comments being made on this thread and since I just finished watching it on my DVR I wanted to see what others were saying about the first episode. I pretty much agree with all of you and your different thoughts on the first episode of the season. I am glad that Chief Webber is at least alive and hopefully will be okay. I hope he doesn't have aphasia that prhoshay mentioned. It does sound horrible. I read that after last season ended there was such a back lash from people hating that Chief Webber had died and apparently sent Shonda Rhimes all sorts of hate mail. I couldn't help, but wonder if she changed her original intent, but guess we will never know. Like many of you I have a hard time remembering all the interns names and not sure why that is. I sometimes wonder if they just haven't made a huge impact on me as the last group did.

I agree with all those who mentioned that seeing the Chief wake up to hear Meredith talking about how she and the Chief are family was the most touching scene and brought tears to my eyes as well.

The following comment I feel like I am odd man out, but I didn't like April until she and Avery first got together and then it seemed that all at once I was rooting for them to make it. She is not my favorite by any means and I totally get those that don't like her because I never did either, but Avery seemed to change her for the good until she started getting obsessed with the fact that she had gone against her beliefs and went overboard. I admit unlike most of you I was hoping that they would reunite because I just don't see the same chemistry between her and the EMS guy. Is his name Matt? I guess she really hurt Avery because I do think he did love her, (maybe down deep still does) and he was right in what he said to her, but I was surprised that she just ran back to the other guy. I again can't remember her name, but the girl he is with now I am not seeing the same chemistry between the two of them. I can't help, but think she is the rebound girl for Avery. She seems like a fun girl, and I guess we will see what happens with the four of them. My favorite of all the new ones is the one who hooked up with Krev. I do see lots of chemistry between her and Krev. They work together and am glad that Krev got his girl.

I am tired of the Christina and Owen s/l, but since this is Sandra Oh's last season I'm not sure what they will do with the two of them this season and how they will end up writing Sandra Oh out. Not sure how I feel about Callie and Arizona. I did think too much was focused on Arizona and the leg last season and after all Callie did for Arizona I wasn't to thrilled with her. Yet, as Cornholio mentioned which was a great point I'm not so sure that Callie and the whole lesbian route was something I totally bought either. She did have very hot sex with Sloan and I still miss George.
    Cornholio likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    {snip}
    The following comment I feel like I am odd man out, but I didn't like April until she and Avery first got together and then it seemed that all at once I was rooting for them to make it. She is not my favorite by any means and I totally get those that don't like her because I never did either, but Avery seemed to change her for the good until she started getting obsessed with the fact that she had gone against her beliefs and went overboard. I admit unlike most of you I was hoping that they would reunite because I just don't see the same chemistry between her and the EMS guy. Is his name Matt? I guess she really hurt Avery because I do think he did love her, (maybe down deep still does) and he was right in what he said to her, but I was surprised that she just ran back to the other guy. {snip}
    I totally get you on this part! I feel the same way. I wasn't a fan of April Kepner at first and she's still not my favorite... but for some reason I root for her to get her act together. I liked April and Jackson Avery at first... and was hoping she'd chill and it would all work out. That said, however, once she got all spazzy about having gone against her beliefs and really gave Avery load after load after load of her issues, I really was bugged and Avery did not deserve any of that. Poor Avery! April came off as totally unhinged and needing a convenient target which Avery became. Who knows how April feels at this point but Avery gave her a few pieces of his mind this week and she totally deserved it. I almost wonder if April went to Matt simply because she needs someone to tell her how she feels and what to do... and Avery did just that. Part of me wonders if she really does love Avery very very much and as a part of that she "trusts" his judgment and because of that, that made her go to Matt. I can't deny, the writers have made April Kepner very complex (sometimes too much so) and have given themselves quite a gift insofar as being able to write her into any direction they so desire and the audience can't cry "Oh April would NEVER do that" cuz who knows what this nutty chick would-or-wouldn't do!
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 09-29-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Well I liked it. The two hours flew by
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tina Majorina and the actress who plays Jo were the only two new interns I liked. I couldn't care less about the other three and wish one of them would have been the one to go. But I'm happy that at least the reason "Brooks" died is because the actress had other gigs lined up and couldn't fit Grey's into her schedule any longer. But they didn't have to kill her I can't stand Shane (I think that's his name) and not interested in watching him crumble under the guilt for the rest of the season. Maybe he'll flunk out.

I was happy to see Avery put April in her place but I don't think his intent was for her to run straight to her paramedic fiancÚ. I think he was just really mad and getting his feelings out. But she couldn't even prove him wrong and continue to fight for him. Nope, she's a real flake. He should consider that a huge dodged bullet. However, I'm sure Shonda has plans to reunite them at some point. I don't like him with the intern though. She just seems way to immature for him.

I'm sad Sandra Oh is leaving and hope they send her out in grand style (and not from a death, lol).

I will say if they're going to try and get us to like and care about the newbies so that we'll still watch when most of the original cast inevitably depart, I won't be among those viewers who continue to hang on. I will not watch a Grey's Anatomy with the newbies being the main characters. Not going to happen. And I'm still mad Izzie didn't die and get on that ethereal elevator with George. Couldn't stand the actress near the end and have read she's been difficult to work with on movie sets.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

i saw avery in person over the weekend in NY. I am not gonna lie, gorgeous face. but on the smaller frame size than i thought

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

It was an okay episode. I really didn't like how Richard treated Meredith at the end. How dare he name her as his medical person without telling her and then be so mad that she tried to keep him alive. She finally got to the point in her life where she considered him family and he treats her like crap.

Still tired of the on again off again crap with Owen and Cristina. Callie and Arizona really do need to go to counseling alone and together to get their sh*t worked out esp since there is a child involved. The whole Alex/Jo trying to have sex SL is boring.

Kind of makes me mad that I stayed up to watch it
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread