+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I never liked Christina when she's with any man. I liked her more when she was either having non-committed sex or just as herself like she was at the Mayo or where ever she was. Sometimes it really bothers me that it's a rare female character on TV that isn't pining after some guy and I guess I just really like that part of Christina.

I really am not an Owen person. I was when he started on the show to a point. And I even enjoyed her relationship with him on/off but the more serious it got the less I liked it. And I think part of it is that that relationship was blooming in the midst of one disaster after another.

Arizona I didn't mind until she hooked up with Callie. At this point I feel like they bring the worst out in each other. Callie gets ultra needy and Arizona gets ultra selfish.

About the only character I seem to enjoy these days is Karev. Sometimes I feel like he has the most depth out of all of them.

If I have to pick a favorite character, it would be Christina. I'm not sure, but she has always been my favorite. I like Sandra Oh as an actress. I always have for some reason.

Arizona's attitude gets no sympathy from me. She lost a limb due to a plane crash, and while tragic, what about all the soldiers who lost limbs in combat? And they don't even have the comfort of a multi-million dollar settlement. It's pretty obvious to me (and I could be wrong, lol) that she will have a storyline where she will have to make the decision to amputate to save a child's life and she will either not do it due to her feelings about her own situation (and the child possibly die because of it) or at the last minute she will do the operation, saving the child's life, and thus finally realizing what Callie had to go through in making the decision she did on Arizona's behalf. Then and only then will she be redeemable to me. Otherwise, while I sympathize with the loss of her leg, I don't condone her behavior.

My favorite characters are Christina and Alex because they are who they are and don't make excuses. They both have the ability to be true to themself while still managing to grow in the process.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Speaking of Karev, am I the only one thinking his new love is the one who was the real abuser in her last relationship or did I miss something since I haven't seen every minute of every show?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I felt they had a mutually abusive relationship from what I could tell. That they would both fly off the handle and abuse each other.

Did they show something other than the explanation the girl gave Karev? I thought that he had abused her so much that when he did that last time, she just lashed back and he got hurt. How do you know that she had hit him before, other than the guy's word?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did they show something other than the explanation the girl gave Karev? I thought that he had abused her so much that when he did that last time, she just lashed back and he got hurt. How do you know that she had hit him before, other than the guy's word?
    I don't know. I just suspect it especially when you consider Karev's track record with crazies. Plus the look in her eye.

Of course this is a TV show that is all kinds of political correctness so it would be out of character for them to do a storyline where the woman is the bad guy so I'm probably totally off base. Now if this were based on real life then I would not take her word for anything. But there I go again thinking with something other than my TV storyline parameters.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

For once they didn't end with Mer possibly dying.
    ilja likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    My favorite characters are Christina and Alex because they are who they are and don't make excuses. They both have the ability to be true to themself while still managing to grow in the process.
    I'm going to have to agree with you here. I really like them too
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't know. I just suspect it especially when you consider Karev's track record with crazies. Plus the look in her eye.

Of course this is a TV show that is all kinds of political correctness so it would be out of character for them to do a storyline where the woman is the bad guy so I'm probably totally off base. Now if this were based on real life then I would not take her word for anything. But there I go again thinking with something other than my TV storyline parameters.
    Oh, that's fine. We have to read between the lines of course. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. Regardless, getting involved with someone that has domestic violence as a part of their life is not going to be easy. If she lashes out and socks Karev, we'll have our answer.

+ Reply to Thread