+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I know Christina didn't know it. But she's close enough to Owen that she may have sensed the draw.
    It came across as though she didn't have a clue. She was totally focused in saving the dad, plus she was genuinely shocked about it when Meredith told her. Yeah, I don't think she knew. That was my take anyway.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It came across as though she didn't have a clue. She was totally focused in saving the dad, plus she was genuinely shocked about it when Meredith told her. Yeah, I don't think she knew. That was my take anyway.
    I agree with this. Christina can be incredibly self absorbed so it was no surprise to me that what everyone else already knew, she had no clue about.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I was very stressed out during the finale. First of all, Arizona pisses me off. I don't think Callie was trying to own part of the plane crash. She lost her best friend Mark who fathered her daughter, her wife lost a leg and she had to cut if off. I think they equally lost something when that plane crashed. It does NOT however give you the right to cheat on your spouse! Interesting how early in the show Callie mentioned to April to pin your ring in your scrubs - that's how she realized the scrubs were switched.

Ya gotta laugh at Cristina to Derek "she's survived a bomb, a drowning, a shooting and a plane crash. She'll be fine". LOL! I'm glad everything turned out good with the baby. I called her naming him Bailey. I thought Bailey or George (but Bailey did that, so I was leaning toward Bailey).

I wonder what will become of Alex and April? I actually like them together, rather than April and Male Kepner.

FINALLY Cristina and Owen are over. I need Cristina happy for awhile. She deserves a good run with surgeries and love. Owen can just go away. I'm so over him.

SO glad Alex and Jo finally got together. She was cute talking about she messes everything up. They're a perfect match.

And now....Richard. Every season finale I find a reason to hate Shonda. This was it. I love the chief. He's a calming force in that place. Reasonable. I knew it as soon as he went down and found the guy sick by the fuse box. I said water/fusebox/electrocution. I was so pissed. And poor Bailey - as if she's not screwed up enough now the last thing she'll remember is calling the chief a drunk. She said "I owe him everything". UGH UGH.

All in all a decent finale - totally stressed out and I'm looking forward to the fall to see what happens.

FORT Fogey

I really liked the way they did the finale. They know by now that we expect a disaster at the end of each finale, and did a good job playing with that expectation. There were so many things set up for us to assume would end in disaster, and they wrapped up just about each of those neatly and in a positive way. Meredith and Derek got a healthy baby. Christina and Owen are over, but that's done in a way where Christina was mature and made a choice based on what was best for Owen because she cares about him and wants the best for him. Callie and Arizona are in a bad place - but they got there honestly. It looked for a second like Avery may be killed, but then he came walking out of the flames. The one person we were not worried about, and didn't think much about, was the chief. So since most viewers minds didn't go that way, the writers did. Well done. As for Arizona and Callie -- I could understand where Arizona was coming from. Everything Callie has done this year to support Arizona came from a very good place with good intentions. But the one place where CAllie fell short was that she was acting based on what SHE would want, and not really listening or seeking what Arizona would want. As a result, over time, Arizona felt lost. The other doctor came along, and in a moment of bad judgement, she went after feeling good, wanted, and heard. She tried to avoid it when she did it, and regretted it instantly. But the damage is done. I can understand all of Callie's motivations to do what she did all season, but I can also understand Arizona's point. Honestly, when Arizona said "you weren't there" it took me a minute to process and remember that Callie was NOT on the plane. She's been so involved like one of the survivors in all that storyline that I had forgotten, which again shows they set it up well. I don't think that either Callie or Arizona are wrong in that conflict. I think both of them love the other one very much, and want what is best for the other. They just fell into loving past each other instead of giving love in a way the other would hear/feel/appreciate.

I haven't watched the finale yet, but have read a bunch about it. Lots of anger about Arizona blaming Callie for this or that. Pardon me, but wasn't Arizona's bad driving that caused a wreck that nearly killed Callie and the baby?

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the finale except they pretty much telegraphed the fact that the chief would die in that basement. Sooooo obvious!

I really liked the way they did the finale. They know by now that we expect a disaster at the end of each finale, and did a good job playing with that expectation. There were so many things set up for us to assume would end in disaster, and they wrapped up just about each of those neatly and in a positive way. Meredith and Derek got a healthy baby. Christina and Owen are over, but that's done in a way where Christina was mature and made a choice based on what was best for Owen because she cares about him and wants the best for him. Callie and Arizona are in a bad place - but they got there honestly. It looked for a second like Avery may be killed, but then he came walking out of the flames. The one person we were not worried about, and didn't think much about, was the chief. So since most viewers minds didn't go that way, the writers did. Well done. As for Arizona and Callie -- I could understand where Arizona was coming from. Everything Callie has done this year to support Arizona came from a very good place with good intentions. But the one place where CAllie fell short was that she was acting based on what SHE would want, and not really listening or seeking what Arizona would want. As a result, over time, Arizona felt lost. The other doctor came along, and in a moment of bad judgement, she went after feeling good, wanted, and heard. She tried to avoid it when she did it, and regretted it instantly. But the damage is done. I can understand all of Callie's motivations to do what she did all season, but I can also understand Arizona's point. Honestly, when Arizona said "you weren't there" it took me a minute to process and remember that Callie was NOT on the plane. She's been so involved like one of the survivors in all that storyline that I had forgotten, which again shows they set it up well. I don't think that either Callie or Arizona are wrong in that conflict. I think both of them love the other one very much, and want what is best for the other. They just fell into loving past each other instead of giving love in a way the other would hear/feel/appreciate.
    Excellent post!!

FORT Fogey

I forget what the narration said at the end when we saw the chief lying on the floor, but do we know for sure that he's dead? Maybe one of the docs will find and resuscitate him. (wishful thinking??)
    ilja likes this.

I enjoyed it for the most part. Now I'm a strange duck around here anyway because I always love the tragedies. Though it was nice for a change to see most of them end on the same night.

The one part that really got to me though it wasn't a surprise was April's reaction when she thought Avery had died. I was bawling like a baby. I want them together.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I honestly don't mind if the chief is actually dead as maybe that will bring some edge back into Bailey and revive her story line to the level that it use to be. I thought the finale was very well done & am glad I am really hoping that Arizona takes a hike somewhere as her character is beyond frustrating to be at this point.
    Starbucks880 and Coco46 like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I almost feel like Arizona is making Callie unlikable at this point with her neediness and constantly acquiescing to whatever Arizona wants needs or whatever. I like my Callie a little tougher and with a little more back bone than that. What I hope doesn't happen is Callie just rolling over and taking it like she basically did when Arizona ran off to the other country there for awhile and dumped her.

+ Reply to Thread