+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Lots actually have, especially when it comes to various illnesses. Yes it is a drama, and anything is up for grabs, but I still don't see Owen adopting the boy in the long run.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

They may relay factual information regarding illnesses, but the realism stops there. not only are the now making fun of the unlikeliness that a single person would go through all the traumas the characters have in their own lives, but they throw medical ethics and specialization out the window. They moved Addison's character around to about 5 different specialties depending on storyline. They've completely blurred the lines of ethics with various characters sleeping with hospital officials. They've had doctors continue to work there after MAJOR breeches in ethical violations. And, when it comes to children, it can't be forgotten that if Bailey can raise a son virtually on her own - and have a close relationship with him shwoing she fins someway to be a primary caregiver - and that Derek and Meredith can do the same - so if they can do it, why can't Owen with a kid who is older and has the ability to do some things on his own? Realism is not a limitation for Shonda Rhimes!
    ilja and Debb70 like this.

Adoption of children is never depicted accurately on pretty much any show. The time consuming nature of it and all the ins and outs are incredibly boring to watch I figure. Though I do blame any shows that try to depict adoption as just picking up a kid at the hospital for the reason why I got the occasional call at the one I worked at from hopeful parents stating they just wanted to be put on the list for abandoned babies at the hospital. As though we just handed them out to whoever showed up.

I still don't see Owen ending up with adopting the boy, regardless of how factual or fake it gets lol. As for comparing it to Bailey, she gave birth to her son. Completely different than having to go through an adoption process, where the union must be approved. I still don't see an agency giving a child to a single, never home surgeon, whom the boy barely knows, over other family members (would never happen), or over a two parent home. Regardless of what Shonda decides to do, anyone that wants to adopt a child, that isn't a family member, knowing that they won't be spending much one on one time with them, especially after said child just lost both their parents, is one selfish person.

Not to mention that we've already been put through an adoption storyline recently, with MerDer adopting Zola.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Owen picked Christina, right? She asked him if he wanted a child and he said he wanted her. Oh, I forgot. What people say on GA doesn't mean much. lol

The boy's dad is going to come around. Don't you think?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Loved when Bailey's husband showed up last night and she finally gave in and cried. My heart went out to her when she was talking about it and showed all the samples she took from herself.

I couldn't help but laugh at the 2 drunk girls in the ER calling over to Avery. I could definitely see young girls doing that.
    ilja likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Coming attractions showed another disaster is going to happen. Shonda really loves ending the seasons that way. Which doctors is she going to take out this time?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Coming attractions showed another disaster is going to happen. Shonda really loves ending the seasons that way. Which doctors is she going to take out this time?
    I can only pray for who I want to leave, but it won't happen. I prayed before, she seemed to leave, but then OWEN has to go back and get her and bring her back to torture us more. You can guess who I'm referring to. She is so annoying. She'll survive though.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can only pray for who I want to leave, but it won't happen. I prayed before, she seemed to leave, but then OWEN has to go back and get her and bring her back to torture us more. You can guess who I'm referring to. She is so annoying. She'll survive though.
    *taps fingers on table* I've sat here for 10 minutes and can't figure out who you mean. ARGH! Do you mean Arizona?? ...Christina?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I predict the cliffhanger will be whether or not Bailey continues as a surgeon.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread