+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I care more about the fact that it's BAILEY then the misinformation about medicine. Nobody would EVER treat Bailey like that. It was crazy. If Shonda decides to do something to my beloved Bailey, I'll explode.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I understand what you're saying and I don't want to get into a big disscussion over the issue but for those people who have worked in medical professions especially in hospitals, some of the stuff they put out on this show is really disturbing when the facts could serve just as easily.
    I am medical!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am medical!
    LOL! Me too. Worked in hosiptals for years.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I care more about the fact that it's BAILEY then the misinformation about medicine. Nobody would EVER treat Bailey like that. It was crazy. If Shonda decides to do something to my beloved Bailey, I'll explode.
    I completely agree with you. Nothing better happen to Bailey. I can't take another favorite character taken off the show.
    marybethp and Coco46 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

This show is fictional drama, not a docudrama. As in all fictional drama - real life facts can and will be left out of the writing to allow the drama to unfold. There are plenty of real life medical shows out there. The vast majority of the viewing audience isn't watching Grey's to see how close they stick to medical reality. They watch for the drama between the fictional characters. I understand why some in the medical field might find some of the medical practices eye brow raising, that is not what is going to impact the show or keep story lines moving along. Unless it is some huge glaring mistake, but they have folks who are in the medical field working on the show to make sure that doesn't happen.

Anyway - off my soapbox lol.

I too, was only interested in how Bailey was being treated. Seems to me that as soon as they found that Bailey was the common link, it became all about possible law suits. I think the reason might be because she is a top ranking doctor, and not just some intern that did something stupid, it raises the concern for lawsuits to a much higher degree of possibility. I am curious as to what it was that happened that one day to make Bailey cause infections in her patients.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I didn't think the way they reacted to Bailey was out of place. For starters, some of the people involved were not aware of the situation when they thought it was the intern. When it shifted to being about Bailey, it also was growing into a bigger problem - more patients, more serious disease. It went from "something we need to treat" to something they may not be able to treat at the same time they realized it was Bailey. Also, the people reacting are now the owners of the hospital. When people screwed up in the past, they could all stand beside that person as friends, knowing there was management to deal with the outcome. Now, they have to be the ones dealing with the outcome. So they have to respond to Bailey as owners instead of as friends.
    prhoshay, JunkieGirl and JavaJo like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Once they determined the probable source of the infections of course they called Legal. The hospital (as a business entity) has to be concerned about their exposure! It's a business and when a business even remotely kinda sort possibly maybe commits any type of infraction that puts people at risk, they open themselves up to lawsuits. This wasn't just putting people "at risk", heck, people DIED as a result (well, so far, at least one has died). I don't work in a hospital but I work for a major corporation and we call in our legal department often and early. As such, it didn't seem one bit off to me that they were calling Legal. I would have been shocked at any business that did not immediately place a call to their legal department (in parallel with calling other ancillary departments) to find out how bad this could be for them, how to get ahead of it, what they should or should not do or say, etc etc etc. If it's a big enough issue (and any way you slice it, someone DYING is huge!!!) and you don't get Legal involved from the start, it always ends up worse.

I'm speaking from a corporate position... I'm certainly not speaking from a human/emotional perspective.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Technically isn't the post op death related to the infection potentially a sentinel event? Calling legal as well as infection control would seem perfectly normal to me in those events. Not only for lawsuits but for the hospital license and Bailey's license. Plus if they're going to discipline or not discipline Bailey it's in their interest to have legal there as well to advise on how to move forward if she is found negligent.

Calling "legal" and acting all horrified may have been appropriate for normal hospitals, but it's certainly WAAAY off the charts when it comes to the usual conduct and attitude of GA. It's actually laughable when compared to the stunts they have pulled ON PURPOSE.
    Coco46 likes this.

Was this the last episode of the season??

+ Reply to Thread