+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Because of some things going on here, I missed a few minutes of the show periodically throughout the hour. Looks like Bailey is in big trouble for those post-op infections. Was there any clue to how she might have been responsible?

Perhaps since Bailey is working on her genetics program she might have had contact with an infectious specimen. I don't want to see my Miranda Bailey go!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I haven't seen all of the recent episodes lately, but from the ones I did see, I didn't catch if Bailey has done anything to cause these infections. Is she a carrier of something? Regardless, the staff's attitude towards her was HORRIFIC. Take safety precautions yes, but to treat her like she is something terrible is a joke. When you consider all of the hairbrain, dangerous, negligent, against policy, and crazy actions that most all of those doctors have done, to act like they did towards her was a absurd. CAll the legal team? Yeah, if they called the legal team for all the stuff those other guys did over the years, we would have seen little else. They must have a very short memory. Infections are not uncommon in hospitals. Deal with it.

FORT Fogey

Owen and the others were acting like they were about to accuse Bailey of spreading bubonic plague or something. I think she has earned more respect than to be treated so harshly before they even had a chance to investigate.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Owen and the others were acting like they were about to accuse Bailey of spreading bubonic plague or something. I think she has earned more respect than to be treated so harshly before they even had a chance to investigate.
    Right, When they suspected it was the intern, everbody was calm and down to business, then when it turns to Bailey, they act all hysterical. Please. Kookie writing again.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I haven't seen all of the recent episodes lately, but from the ones I did see, I didn't catch if Bailey has done anything to cause these infections. Is she a carrier of something? Regardless, the staff's attitude towards her was HORRIFIC. Take safety precautions yes, but to treat her like she is something terrible is a joke. When you consider all of the hairbrain, dangerous, negligent, against policy, and crazy actions that most all of those doctors have done, to act like they did towards her was a absurd. CAll the legal team? Yeah, if they called the legal team for all the stuff those other guys did over the years, we would have seen little else. They must have a very short memory. Infections are not uncommon in hospitals. Deal with it.
    I agree. In real life one seldom sees doctors getting hysterical about iatragenic (doctor/hospital-caused) infections which are very common. What is uncommon about this particular infecion is its lack of response to antibiotics etc.

Again a few facts have been sprinkled into a situation that is being played primarily for its emotional and dramatic content.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's the idea of the whole show!!! It's not a documentary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That's the idea of the whole show!!! It's not a documentary.
    I know but it's kind of dicey when they play around with actual facts. That's what's being objected to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I disagree with 'dicey'. I do think that some people take this stuff more seriously than they should.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I disagree with 'dicey'. I do think that some people take this stuff more seriously than they should.
    I understand what you're saying and I don't want to get into a big disscussion over the issue but for those people who have worked in medical professions especially in hospitals, some of the stuff they put out on this show is really disturbing when the facts could serve just as easily.

+ Reply to Thread