+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I don't know if they're really back together. It looks like all they do is have sex. I think we're supposed to feel that they really want to be together, but that they just don't know how to make it work on a really intimate level of life partnership (other than sex).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I also have missed a lot of shows due to conflicts--watching now as CBS only has basketball on it.... So could a more faithful viewer tell me how Christina and Owen got back together? I thought the broke up bitterly over the having kids conflict--he wanted them, she didn't.
    Christina and Owen "Got back together" physically/sexually but they really have not worked on or resolved any of their problems. They just grab each other every so often for hot sex and then go about their separate lives.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, AV and ON--I thought I must have missed some big resolution to the having children issue, but apparently not!

FORT Fan

Thanks, AV and ON--I thought I must have missed some big resolution to the having children issue, but apparently not!
    The only "big thing" you missed was the scene when they first made love again and decided that the sexual pleasure was all they needed from their "relationship." And no need to act like adults and discuss/work through their problems.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    The only "big thing" you missed was the scene when they first made love again and decided that the sexual pleasure was all they needed from their "relationship." And no need to act like adults and discuss/work through their problems.
    Well, I have to say, that really sounds like Christina, if not Owen!

FORT Fan

Well, I have to say, that really sounds like Christina, if not Owen!
    PWS:
    Since we talked about this yesterday it occurred to me that the show might be wanting to get rid of Christina or Owen or their relationship and having them in such a tenunous "relationship" works well for getting rid of one or the other. With neither character truly invested in the relationship it would be really easy to write them out.

When I watch the show I keep thinking how superfluous Owen is to the stories and to the relationships on the show. He only has sex with Christina and he doesn't really have any close friends. They could drop his character and nobody in the show would really blink twice. Christina would flounder around a bit and then find another sexual partner and Owen would be last week's gossip.

IMO of course. But that's the feeling I get whenever he shows up during an episode. That he is just filler (in terms of the stories) and not much more.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They did kind of marginalize him by making him a chief.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I actually watched last week's episode and enjoyed it! I may be back!

I am finding this a bit boring, I so tired of all the sex. The storlines have gone to he** in a handbasket

So, meh, not sure I will bother
    combatcutie and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I still love this show but one thing did bug me......in the ER they were rushing patients "up" to get testing done. Uhm....didn't they buy an expensive machine for the ER that does a full body scan?
    PWS likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread