+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    meh it's just where things were heading. I like the idea but I hope the show doesnt get mired down in the bureaucracy of ownership. They'll probably bring Addison back, I wonder if Ben Bratt will come too?
    Maybe Amelia too since she's Derek's sister. I'd love to see Charlotte and Cooper go instead though JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Loved having Alex narrate the show this episode. More Karev!

Interesting having them possibly buy the hospital. What a lot of work and responsibility though. Ugh.

Like some of you have mentioned, this would make it easier to hire the folks from The Practice. I wonder if Izzie would ever come back? It's not like Hiegl's career has been all that great since she left, plus she had a bunch of money too. Maybe as a silent partner even.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I kind of felt let down that she actually went that way. I felt like it was obvious since they started the talk about the hospital being affected by lawsuit. It felt just a hair contrived to me. Honestly I would have much rather seen this whole lawsuit line kind of fizzle out. Like they would have have won it from the airline and that woudl be that.

I'm also finding myself turning the channel when the new cast is on. It reminds me of how not attached I was to the new characters when the two hospitals merged. Feel like it's setting up for another thinning of the cast with some massive tragedy just like every other year at season finale time.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I kind of felt let down that she actually went that way. I felt like it was obvious since they started the talk about the hospital being affected by lawsuit. It felt just a hair contrived to me. Honestly I would have much rather seen this whole lawsuit line kind of fizzle out. Like they would have have won it from the airline and that woudl be that.

I'm also finding myself turning the channel when the new cast is on. It reminds me of how not attached I was to the new characters when the two hospitals merged. Feel like it's setting up for another thinning of the cast with some massive tragedy just like every other year at season finale time.
    I can't believe I'm actually thinking, I hope so. The only new cast member that I like is Alex's friend.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I can't believe I'm actually thinking, I hope so. The only new cast member that I like is Alex's friend.
    I was thinking when I watched it last time why can't this be the last season of this one? It feels like it should be a last season but it's not. I haven't been very religious about watching this. I pass through and see if there's anything interesting but I'm just not that into this new cast at all.

FORT Fogey

I think it's just a season to figure out their identity. When the show started, the focus was on the interns and then residents. I think they did the right thing by allowing all the residents to advance in their careers as they would in real life. But that leaves a big question for hte writers - do they keep the focus of the show on residents, or do they keep the focus on the characters they established. If they keep the focus on the characters they established, then the show starts to get a little boring as they mature and start doing more things right than wrong. OR the show gets unrealistic by allowing those original chracters to continue to act like rookies in spite of having more experience and being more mature. HOnestly, I think the new cast members would have a better chance if they had allowed more of the original class or residents to go away from the show since that is what would happen in real life. ER worked for a LONG run because there was a realistic and constant shifting of doctors in and out of the roles. Greys could do the same thing, but can't do it if they cling to the same cast forever.
    prhoshay and causingchaos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think it's just a season to figure out their identity. When the show started, the focus was on the interns and then residents. I think they did the right thing by allowing all the residents to advance in their careers as they would in real life. But that leaves a big question for hte writers - do they keep the focus of the show on residents, or do they keep the focus on the characters they established. If they keep the focus on the characters they established, then the show starts to get a little boring as they mature and start doing more things right than wrong. OR the show gets unrealistic by allowing those original chracters to continue to act like rookies in spite of having more experience and being more mature. HOnestly, I think the new cast members would have a better chance if they had allowed more of the original class or residents to go away from the show since that is what would happen in real life. ER worked for a LONG run because there was a realistic and constant shifting of doctors in and out of the roles. Greys could do the same thing, but can't do it if they cling to the same cast forever.
    While that makes common sense, if they had gotten rid of most of the original cast and focused on the new cast, I would have quit watching since I find the new cast excluding Alex's friend, totally boring.

FORT Fogey

Is the new cast boring because they don't have any good storylines - because the good ones still go to the established characters? Or are they boring because they'd be boring no matter what? I think they are boring because they are just supporting cast. If they were the main focus, there'd be more about them hashed out and they would be more interesting.

I like the newbies, its fun watching Christine interact with them.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I love how Christine has nicknames for all of her interns...sometimes it changes according to what is going on at the hospital that day. For instance, every time she calls the male intern "happy", I crack up. I don't know why but it just makes me laugh. Why aren't we seeing more of Tina Majorino? She's a pretty well- known actress from childhood and there have been entire episodes where she has not been featured.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread