+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I watched most of the episode last night on my phone. I'm over Arizona already. Not that I was into her before I certainly will be making no big effort to catch the show and having to watch her every week as she is now. I got enough of that with Christine when she was all messed up after the shooting.

The Mark thing I believed to a point. I worked with lots of imminently end of life patients and saw all sorts of stuff like this where they get a second wind so to speak. But then I was kind of over the Mark story line as well since we saw him die last week. Mentally I already had checked out of his character.

I continue to feel the same that I don't want to see an entire season wrapped up in the whole after math of a plane crash thing and that's what this is shaping up to be with Derek's hand injury, Arizona/Callie, Christina etc. Just not that into it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought this past episode was so powerful. As much as I'd like to have seen the time they were in the woods, I think Sandra Oh's performance and recount were perfect. That whole scene gave me chills, reliving it through her eyes. No wonder Christina checked out. I also liked how we saw events unfold character by character. I just wish I knew what 'terminal illness' Mark had - I assume it wasn't just a broken heart (or maybe it was, literally and figuratively?). I hate that Arizona is becoming the anti-Arizona but I actually cheered a bit when she told Alex off.

My only beef is that we're going to have to watch them rebuild themselves once again. BTDT and don't want to have to watch it again.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the "terminal illness" was the result of prolonged, continuous shock. Don't really know, but I DO know that there is only so much the body can take.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think the "terminal illness" was the result of prolonged, continuous shock. Don't really know, but I DO know that there is only so much the body can take.
    Plus his heart. Remember they cut him open in the woods and then were left out there for several more days. Infection probably weakened his heart beyond repair. So I'd say Congestive Heart Failure or something along those lines, combined with the shock. I'm surprised he made it out of the woods alive.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This episode seemed all over the place and it took me to watch it twice because I was getting confused. I thought Christina did a fantastic job explaining the "I can't get out". And it's probably only me but I like Alex and get his background and why he is a jerk majority of the time... so although I certainly understood why Arizona yelled at him, I still feel bad for the guy... I still can't stand Arizona, always thought she was a whiner before the peg leg... I am tired of the show always having something traumatic happen and then the whole season it deals with it. I miss the Burke days and before they ruined the George and Izzie characters by having them sleep together.
    Marlena_M likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I haven't watched this show in years, but for those who do, here's an article about Eric Dane starring in a new pilot for tnt called Last Ship. It kind of sounds like a mixture between Last Resort and Revolution. I'm sure I'll take a look because more often than not I like cable network scripted shows.

Eric Dane Cast in Michael Bay's TNT Pilot - seattlepi.com
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Last night's episode was interesting. I was really pretty uninvolved as usual... until the end when I found myself (as usual) bawling. There are just so many possibilities of where the various storylines can go.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I don't think I'll ever warm up to the character of Kepner. I wish they hadn't brought her back, but instead made one of the new interns really stand out. I can't stand the idea of Kepner and Avery together; the portrayal of their supposedly hot attraction seems so contrived and unconvincing to me. I like Bailey better with Ben not around. Do interns really offer sex in exchange for assisting with surgeries? Geesh!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't think I'll ever warm up to the character of Kepner. I wish they hadn't brought her back, but instead made one of the new interns really stand out. I can't stand the idea of Kepner and Avery together; the portrayal of their supposedly hot attraction seems so contrived and unconvincing to me. I like Bailey better with Ben not around. Do interns really offer sex in exchange for assisting with surgeries? Geesh!
    ITA. Why in the world did they bring her back????????? I'm am so over her character. It's so annoying.

Does anyone know what happened to Tina Marjorino's character? Was she even shown last week? Am I missing her? Why waste a great actress like her? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ITA. Why in the world did they bring her back????????? I'm am so over her character. It's so annoying.

Does anyone know what happened to Tina Marjorino's character? Was she even shown last week? Am I missing her? Why waste a great actress like her? I don't get it.
    I didn't see her, either, and I agree...the girl is so talented and they are wasting her.

The intern that won't sleep with Alex is going to end up with him. I'm calling it now. So predictable.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread