+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Yeah, I never got what was wrong with him either. They mentioned that terminally ill patients get the "surge." Why was he terminally ill? Odd.

What keeps bothering me is that not one of those smart doctors ever watched an episode of Dual Survival. There are basic things about survival that I would expect at least one person in that group to know. No boyscouts either? Strange.

I did notice that Yang seems to have no feelings for her husband. Oh well, that's done.

I wish the kid who plays Meredith's daughter had more chemistry with her.

Does Shonda actually still write the scripts or just tell others what to write?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was an excellent episode, and connected a lot of loose ends. I do know that trauma patients can tend to go into cardiac arrest and be resuscitated, time and again, before they die. Watched an old boyfriend go through that, but he never woke up between arrests. The "surge" was the light getting stronger just before the dark.....like you've seen light bulbs brilliance really become, almost, blinding, just before they go out. Hated that Mark couldn't hang on until his daughter got there, but the guy that was sent to get her was delayed by several minutes, having to talk to "whatever-her-name is".

Everything, last night, made sense to me.
    marybethp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I understood the surge, I have seen my animals have that happen to them as well. My cat Bandit, did the exact kind of thing. I thought I was losing him one day, the next he was playful and back to his old self, but he got worse two days later and I ended up having to say good bye to him. Maybe they'll explain more about Mark's actual injuries at some point, but doubt it. Still overall, was a very compelling episode.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Well that was somewhat better than last week.
    For being a doctor Arizona sure can be dumb. We know from the first show that she is mad at the world and especially Callie because of her leg. We know from this show that she asked Callie not to let them cut off her leg. These two are doctors - how could they not discuss the "what if". Like What if it comes down to your life or your leg, which do you want kind of thing - which is exactly what happened.

Best part of the show - Bailey's reference to "Lost" when they were on the plane.

Partners or not, when a patient asks a doctor to promise they will refrain from taking off a limb, you have to be honest. There is a risk it will come down to their life or the amputation. I don't care how upset the patient is or how much they cry, you don't just tell them what they want to hear without prefacing it with, "But if it comes down to your life, we have to take it."

This story reminds me of the young lady who was injured in a zip line accident and got this horrible bacteria attack her leg. When confronted with the options, she said take my leg. They had to later take her ams and the other leg I think. She showed such courage and says she's just grateful to be alive. Such a contrast to Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does Shonda actually still write the scripts or just tell others what to write?
    She's never been the one that writes all the scripts. She has a team that works together and they all get turns taking the helm.

I was expecting to see more of what actually happened at the crash site. I'm disappointed that that is not what they gave us.

I also don't like the Arizona storyline. Ok, she lost a leg and that has to suck, but the prosthetics they make now, well, a missing leg wouldn't change her ability to operate and be a doctor much, if at all. My friends 18 yo son was at a stop light last week on his motorcycle when a driver plowed into him and then took off. He lost his left leg and he's doing just fine...he's really upbeat and trying to have a positive outlook on it. He said "at least I'm alive and otherwise healthy". Arizona being a doctor should realize this, too.

My husband made the comment last night that the plane crash was a huge mistake. They are going to use most of the season dealing with the aftermath and it's old. The season after the shooting was bad enough, now we have this. I have to agree with him. Grey's used to be my absolute favorite, can't miss show and now, I still watch every episode, but I think it's more of a habit rather than because I enjoy it.
    Coco46 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I understood the surge, I have seen my animals have that happen to them as well. My cat Bandit, did the exact kind of thing. I thought I was losing him one day, the next he was playful and back to his old self, but he got worse two days later and I ended up having to say good bye to him. Maybe they'll explain more about Mark's actual injuries at some point, but doubt it. Still overall, was a very compelling episode.
    I really like what you posted here mesa, it hit home with me
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    She's never been the one that writes all the scripts. She has a team that works together and they all get turns taking the helm.

I was expecting to see more of what actually happened at the crash site. I'm disappointed that that is not what they gave us.

I also don't like the Arizona storyline. Ok, she lost a leg and that has to suck, but the prosthetics they make now, well, a missing leg wouldn't change her ability to operate and be a doctor much, if at all. My friends 18 yo son was at a stop light last week on his motorcycle when a driver plowed into him and then took off. He lost his left leg and he's doing just fine...he's really upbeat and trying to have a positive outlook on it. He said "at least I'm alive and otherwise healthy". Arizona being a doctor should realize this, too.

My husband made the comment last night that the plane crash was a huge mistake. They are going to use most of the season dealing with the aftermath and it's old. The season after the shooting was bad enough, now we have this. I have to agree with him. Grey's used to be my absolute favorite, can't miss show and now, I still watch every episode, but I think it's more of a habit rather than because I enjoy it.
    I missed this episode due to a work thing. I briefly glanced online and I'm kind of at the point where I just don't care enough to go out of my way to watch this online. I may tonight if I can't sleep later but I'm not going to make any huge effort to see it and I don't think I'll miss a whole lot. The entire season of dealing with the shooting aftermath really left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm like you where I don't really need to see a whole new season dealing with the aftermath of this plane crash. But that's my burn out on major huge violent things going on around these people seemingly all the time. I've lost the ability to care about their outcome and I'm really not interested in the new people.
    JavaJo likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Real life vs. scripted drama. Gotta tell a good story within less than an hour.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    best part of the show - bailey's reference to "lost" when they were on the plane.
    loved that

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread