+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I heard soemwhere during the show, someone say they were out there in the woods for a week. He was practically dead night one, so I assume that's how he declined. Although a whole week? Really? That's stretching it quite a bit. Ridiculous, IMO.

The one intern I do like is Tina Majorino. She was a terrific child actor (Andre, When A Man Loves A Woman) and I hope they give her more of a storyline than sitting in the box talking smack about "Medusa". If not, it will be a huge waste of talent. The rest can jump off a cliff. I figure the one intern that led the pack last night is being groomed to be the new "Grey". Yeah...no. Just no.

I cried when Mark died, but the rest of the episode fell flat for me.
    I've always liked her too and was happy to see her, esp. after how she died in True Blood. I think she's so underrated and would love to see her have a big role to play but it seems she's always relegated to the back when she's in a group (except TB since she wasn't in a group). Hopefully, Shonda will give her a bigger role to play than just Karev's bedwarmer.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Shonda Rhimes sucks. She always kills off the likeable characters which is why I didn't even bother getting into Scandal.
    The only characters I liked on Grey's were Lexie, Mark, Arizona and Karev. Even Booty Call Bailey has turned into a character that I no longer find interesting. Maybe if she hadn't turned into a 16 yo girl (although Ben is HOT) I'd still like her.

I didn't sob over Mark's dying because it was obvious that was going to happen. The interviews and spoilers also pointed to that outcome, so I was prepared. Losing Lexie and Mark was just too much. I like Arizona and wished it was Callie instead who was on Shonda's hit list. I'd prefer to hear her sing. I still listen to "The Story" from the musical episode and STILL cry every time I hear it.

This year won't be must-watch TV, I'll wait to read here if an episode is worth watching. I like that Karev is wanting to save that peds program and am curious as to how Arizona handles losing her leg. Karev screwing his way through new interns, Derek/Meredith/Christina do not interest me. Bailey and The Chief having sex lives also does not interest me. What's left to watch?
    AlwaysVeg and jaytwo like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am looking forward to next week, I think that should have been the first episode.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Shonda Rhimes sucks. She always kills off the likeable characters which is why I didn't even bother getting into Scandal.
    The only characters I liked on Grey's were Lexie, Mark, Arizona and Karev. Even Booty Call Bailey has turned into a character that I no longer find interesting. Maybe if she hadn't turned into a 16 yo girl (although Ben is HOT) I'd still like her.

I didn't sob over Mark's dying because it was obvious that was going to happen. The interviews and spoilers also pointed to that outcome, so I was prepared. Losing Lexie and Mark was just too much. I like Arizona and wished it was Callie instead who was on Shonda's hit list. I'd prefer to hear her sing. I still listen to "The Story" from the musical episode and STILL cry every time I hear it.

This year won't be must-watch TV, I'll wait to read here if an episode is worth watching. I like that Karev is wanting to save that peds program and am curious as to how Arizona handles losing her leg. Karev screwing his way through new interns, Derek/Meredith/Christina do not interest me. Bailey and The Chief having sex lives also does not interest me. What's left to watch?
    What's left to watch is right! Oh, I forgot. Kepner is coming back. One of the most boring characters on GA ever! Now I guess we're going to see her and Avery working on having some sort of a relationship? Double and

I hope Bailey finding out about her nickname will snap her back into being more of the old Bailey we used to love instead of a horny teenager who occasionally reviews a chart. Why can't these people screw on their own time instead of at work?
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that the characters, like most people, change as life progresses. I also like that there are new interns; remember when all of our beloved characters were new and we didn't know them, either. Lots of room for growth there. Did anyone recognize the star football player/quarterback from Friday Night Lights in the intern pack? Good to see him back. Another FNL star character is also on The Mob Doctor; can't say that I have a lot of faith in how that show is going to do, but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes. The problem with THAT program is that the lead character on that show spends a lot of her time LEAVING the room; the show has a great premise, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I totally didn't notice the Friday Night Lights guy in the intern pack on Grey's. I couldn't keep any of them straight either.

About the teaching hospitals. My understanding as well is when you go to a teaching hospital or clinic that you are agreeing to be part of the process. I seek out those places actually because it's like getting a couple doctors for the price of one. Yeah mistakes can happen but you get fresh minds and fresh eyes too. Not necessarily jaded people. Also I have a new found appreciation for students and interns after having to be an intern and have people looking at you all skeptically while you try to learn and help them. I'm happy to be part of the process.

I would guess, unlike in Shonda's frequently unethical world apparently devoid of any/all medical liability, that instances like the appe are not a regular occurrance. Doctors don't want to have that kind of malpractice on their shoulders. Hospitals don't want that kind of liability. That's not to say that the interns are not allowed to struggle.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I like that the characters, like most people, change as life progresses. I also like that there are new interns; remember when all of our beloved characters were new and we didn't know them, either. Lots of room for growth there. Did anyone recognize the star football player/quarterback from Friday Night Lights in the intern pack? Good to see him back. Another FNL star character is also on The Mob Doctor; can't say that I have a lot of faith in how that show is going to do, but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes. The problem with THAT program is that the lead character on that show spends a lot of her time LEAVING the room; the show has a great premise, though.
    I thought the same thing when I realized there would be a whole new crop, esp. as I continue to work my way through season 2 episodes. This is going to be the last season, right? It'd be nice to see our original group take on the roles of leaders as they wrap it all up. They have to grow up some time... (and it reminds me of Carter on ER)...

And, yes, DH & I recognized Flash and were happy to see him. Am looking forward to seeing what his new character will be like...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    What's left to watch is right! Oh, I forgot. Kepner is coming back. One of the most boring characters on GA ever! Now I guess we're going to see her and Avery working on having some sort of a relationship? Double and

I hope Bailey finding out about her nickname will snap her back into being more of the old Bailey we used to love instead of a horny teenager who occasionally reviews a chart. Why can't these people screw on their own time instead of at work?
    That's a lot of barfing, AV. Make sure to keep yourself hydrated. You are correct though, April is up there on the list of boring characters. What value did she add to the show? She is just there, annoying as heck. Of course April and Avery will hook up, he'll need comfort to get over the loss of Lexie. *gag* Perhaps he will take over for Karev and screw all the interns too.

As to your bolded comment:
    jaytwo likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I thought the same thing when I realized there would be a whole new crop, esp. as I continue to work my way through season 2 episodes. This is going to be the last season, right? It'd be nice to see our original group take on the roles of leaders as they wrap it all up. They have to grow up some time... (and it reminds me of Carter on ER)...

And, yes, DH & I recognized Flash and were happy to see him. Am looking forward to seeing what his new character will be like...
    I'm glad you came up with the FNL guy's show name, because I couldn't. He was the 2nd QB1, after the forst one ended up in the wheelchair. I do know that his first "real life" name is Gaius Charles....or something like that. Just looked it up....his show nickname was "Smash". "Smash" Williams, to be exact.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

Okay, that took me a second. His character's name on FNL was Smash. I was trying to figure out who Flash was on that show! Gaius Charles was on Necessary Roughness last season too playing, shocker, a football player! Nice to see him getting work
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread