+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I would have love to see something drastic like the return of IZZY and or Burke.
    Is it me or does shonda love killing people on her shows.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's show. Sure, I was thrown off a bit by the fact that the story wasn't in chronological order but, in the end, it made me pay closer attention to details. Happy to see, through the previews, that we will be able to experience what they all went through while stranded duriing next week's episode.

I am sad that Mark Sloane ( and Lexie) will be no more.... Cried my eyes out. Losing these two characters is a huge loss for the show, IMO.

NOT at all happy to have Arizona (...no matter what her condition.) and that awful April return to the show. These two are not among my favorite characters....at all.

Interesting that the doctor who was bugging the heck out of Cristina was the one that interviewed her during her board exam. heh heh I also loved the fact that he was the head honcho on St. Elsewhere so many years ago.

When Arizona was sitting there in bed, it did look like her right leg was missing too, but she said "You cut off my leg," so I think it was just the way the blankets were draped.

I stopped watching last season after they killed Henry. I'll watch this season, but probably not faithfully. It feels to me like the show is winding down.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I hope they at least show us why Mark was sick enough to die. There's 20 minutes left and that seems like a lot to shove into 20 minutes.
    I heard soemwhere during the show, someone say they were out there in the woods for a week. He was practically dead night one, so I assume that's how he declined. Although a whole week? Really? That's stretching it quite a bit. Ridiculous, IMO.

The one intern I do like is Tina Majorino. She was a terrific child actor (Andre, When A Man Loves A Woman) and I hope they give her more of a storyline than sitting in the box talking smack about "Medusa". If not, it will be a huge waste of talent. The rest can jump off a cliff. I figure the one intern that led the pack last night is being groomed to be the new "Grey". Yeah...no. Just no.

I cried when Mark died, but the rest of the episode fell flat for me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I heard soemwhere during the show, someone say they were out there in the woods for a week. He was practically dead night one, so I assume that's how he declined. Although a whole week? Really? That's stretching it quite a bit. Ridiculous, IMO.

The one intern I do like is Tina Majorino. She was a terrific child actor (Andre, When A Man Loves A Woman) and I hope they give her more of a storyline than sitting in the box talking smack about "Medusa". If not, it will be a huge waste of talent. The rest can jump off a cliff. I figure the one intern that led the pack last night is being groomed to be the new "Grey". Yeah...no. Just no.

I cried when Mark died, but the rest of the episode fell flat for me.
    WHERE was Tina? LOVE that actress. I must have missed her. OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    WHERE was Tina? LOVE that actress. I must have missed her. OMG.
    Her character is the intern who was sleeping with Alex.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Debb70, she was easy to miss IMO. If I did not see her name in the opening credits and had not been looking for her, I surely wouldn't have noticed. She was one of the new interns and I only really saw her when they were all sitting around the table. She still has some of the same "look" she had as a child. Same thing happened for me when watching HBO's VEEP which has Anna Chlumsky who was a child actress (Stand By Me)... she also still has some of the same "look" she had as a child but again had I not seen the name and been looking for her I probably would not have figured it out.

ETA: Critical, she was the one with Karev? Wow, totally nice to notice her there.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    I would have love to see something drastic like the return of IZZY and or Burke.
    Is it me or does shonda love killing people on her shows.
    Always liked Izzy, especially with Karev. I'd love to see Izzy return.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I am so sick of watching people die on this show. And it's always the lovable characters that get killed off, never the annoying ones.

I really don't care either way about Arizona still being there, but she may has well have killed her off as leaving her missing a leg. But losing both Mark and Lexie and then bringing back that stupid April, all of that was just a bit too much for me.

I am sort of relieved that Karev is staying, not that I am crazy about him but he is so much a part of the group. If he was gone too I think the hole would be too big.

I also do not like Jackson's new hair style, he looks like he is about 18 years old now.

I am sure Cristina will be back in Seattle soon. But I am not really sure if I want to watch all that happened with the plane crash. I think that might just be too gut wrenching for me.

Mostly I dislike that a show I loved so much is to the point that I really do not want to watch anymore. I probably will watch it but be mad at myself the whole time for bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REf the interns in the operating room. I have always heard that that's what you get whenever you are in a "teaching" hospital. I take that to mean UNC, Duke, etc. We are fortunate in NC to have so many great teaching hospitals. I have been to UNC for several matters and there was a group of interns sitting in on the session and even asking questions and operating the medical devices.
    You are right about this. Patients that go to a teaching hospital can expect to be part of the learning experiences for the interns. I was also told that an appendectomy is one of the easiest surgeries to do, a good one to start off with. Their motto: see one, do one, teach one.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread