+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'll keep watching.I guess I just like the show. I don't care who leaves or stays
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with you, Fanny! I just like a good story. I don't take these people on to be personal friends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

To me it's not a matter of feeling like the characters are personal friends. I just want them and their stories to be interesting and capture my attention. The relationship between Yang and Owen has been a drag for the past year. If there was one character I wouldn't miss, it would be Owen, and I think it would be all for the better in terms of Christina and her story without him. The only characters I find interesting anymore are Yang -- if they let her be Yang without Owen like an albatross around her neck -- and Karev. Also liked Little Grey. Meredith has been boring for the most part all last season, Derek is a pompous a$$, and there wasn't much going on with Sloane. I still like Richard and hope they give him more to do. Arizona and Callie didn't have much going on last year, either. I've always enjoyed Bailey, just not when she was flirting with the male nurse all the time. Don't know if Ben is really leaving, or whether it was a plot device to make her realize how much she wants him to be in her life.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    To me it's not a matter of feeling like the characters are personal friends. I just want them and their stories to be interesting and capture my attention. The relationship between Yang and Owen has been a drag for the past year. If there was one character I wouldn't miss, it would be Owen, and I think it would be all for the better in terms of Christina and her story without him. The only characters I find interesting anymore are Yang -- if they let her be Yang without Owen like an albatross around her neck -- and Karev. Also liked Little Grey. Meredith has been boring for the most part all last season, Derek is a pompous a$$, and there wasn't much going on with Sloane. I still like Richard and hope they give him more to do. Arizona and Callie didn't have much going on last year, either. I've always enjoyed Bailey, just not when she was flirting with the male nurse all the time. Don't know if Ben is really leaving, or whether it was a plot device to make her realize how much she wants him to be in her life.
    I've felt for the last two seasons or maybe even a little more but for sure the last couple seasons the story lines have been on a steady march down a downward spiral. That's my problem. Then cap it off with last season and now I don't have any characters I even like to save me from the storylines. The writing is just not that great anymore and how the characters were developed leave me wanting a whole lot.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I've felt for the last two seasons or maybe even a little more but for sure the last couple seasons the story lines have been on a steady march down a downward spiral. That's my problem. Then cap it off with last season and now I don't have any characters I even like to save me from the storylines. The writing is just not that great anymore and how the characters were developed leave me wanting a whole lot.
    I know right? I don't know how ER managed to last 15 years. Maybe I just don't agree with Shonda's vision. The folks here come up with better storylines.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I know right? I don't know how ER managed to last 15 years. Maybe I just don't agree with Shonda's vision. The folks here come up with better storylines.
    ER > all other hospital based shows. I could have watched it for another 15 years lol
    tapper01 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Interesting article about season 9 - interview with Ellen Pompeo

Keck's Exclusives: Ellen Pompeo Talks Grey's Anatomy Season 9 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Fogey

Interesting, indeed. Thanks, marybethp. So, if Cristina
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is going to the Midwest, how will she remain on the show?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Interesting, indeed. Thanks, marybethp. So, if Cristina
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is going to the Midwest, how will she remain on the show?
    I don't know!!! Wonder if it won't last? I'm guessing Ellen was only allowed to say so much. Anxious for the season premiere!

Can't wait till Thursday for the new season to begin!
    combatcutie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread