+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Yes, do post if you find that. It would be in direct contradiction to what Shonda said.

There is so much outrage over Little Grey's death now on the web, I can't find it now lol. I did find where Chyler said last year that she would take over the mantle as the lead Grey if Ellen Pompeo decided to not return. The article also mentions that Chyler was under contract for several more years, so it wasn't due to her contract being up. Chyler might have still been in the dark about Lexie's future when she said she would be back for Season 9. Ugh. Most people are really pissed that Shonda didn't live up to her promise that Mark and Lexie would get back together. Maybe Mark will be the second death, and Shonda considers that having them getting back together? Regardless, the show won't be the same without Lexie on it.
    combatcutie and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Mesa, last summer in July, Chyler said she had a couple more years left on her contract, so yeah, that's not the reason. Speculation is also leaning towards her wanting more time off to spend with her husband and three kids. Could be, but personally, I think Shonda just likes oodles of drama and likes to shock us. I mean, lately, we've barely seen Lexi. She babysat on Valentine's Day for Zola and we got a couple of scenes from that, she helped the residents study for that test, but we didn't see a whole lot of her even then. Usually they just panned to her wistfully looking at Mark, so it seems to me that if she wanted a little more time off, Shonda could have worked that in. She kinda already was. I think she did it for shock value, plain and simple.

I do know that I get tired of hearing her in interviews say that she hated to kill this or that character but it had to be done. She said it with Denny, Kyle (the bomb squad guy), Lexi, Teddy's husband, etc...it's a pattern with her. Personally, I didn't see the need to kill Henry and I thought Denny added something, too, but what do I know? I mean, if she likes the character and the fans like the character, then why is just soooo necessary to axe them?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I LOVE that Shonda likes "oodles of drama". That's how she's gotten to where she is today. Really, really works for me. This is not a "hearts-and-flowers" show, thank goodness, but we still do see an occasional heart and an occasional flower show up. It's more like drama-comedy, with a little mush thrown in here and there. I like that Shonda shakes things up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If Shonda was talking straight, then "we'll never see Lexie on the show again" means she is gone and will not be on the first episode of the new season for Mark to shoot down.
    He would have done it off screen, and we will only learn about it by Mark mulling it over in a, did I make the right decision, kind of way, and maybe she leaves him a letter or has told Meredith that she can't stand to see him at SG, so has to leave town (or kill herself, but leaving town makes more sense, leaves the option open to return, not as a ghost).
    At one point we see him sort of paralyzed by her "proposal"....so maybe there was more to that scene, or he responded to her in a later as yet unseen or never seen scene. It could be done....if the crash is all a dream....

However, that would mean there is NO moment of Mark and Lexie together.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Personally, I LOVE that Shonda likes "oodles of drama". That's how she's gotten to where she is today. Really, really works for me. This is not a "hearts-and-flowers" show, thank goodness, but we still do see an occasional heart and an occasional flower show up. It's more like drama-comedy, with a little mush thrown in here and there. I like that Shonda shakes things up.
    I do too - I love that it's a little over the top sometimes. I just wish that she would shake things up by throwing Owen off the show. LOL!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Chyler finally spoke out - TV & Entertainment News - Reviews, Rumors, Gossip - The Clicker | TODAY.com Blogs - Chyler Leigh speaks out about Lexie's death on 'Grey's Anatomy'

Chyler Leigh speaks out about Lexie's death on 'Grey's Anatomy'
    By Jenna Mullins, E! Online

Everyone has seen the "Grey's Anatomy" finale, right? Good. Because Chyler Leigh (finally) has something to say about Lexie's tragic death.
    Since the finale aired last month, Leigh has remained mum on her character's exit from "Grey's," so our only closure was what executive producer Shonda Rhimes told us about the deaths.

Until today! Leigh has broken her silence with a statement issued to E! News, and here is what she has to say:
    "Earlier this year, I made the decision that season eight would be my last on 'Grey's Anatomy.' I met with Shonda and we worked together to give Lexie's story appropriate closure. I am very lucky to have worked with this amazing cast and crew for five seasons. My experience on 'Grey's Anatomy' is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I want to take this time to say thank you to the fans. Your unconditional love and support have made these last five years very special for me. I look forward to my next chapter and I hope you will continue to follow me on my journey."

After the finale aired and the screen faded to black, Shonda took to Twitter to confirm that both Lexie and Teddy would not be returning next season.

"This finale was incredibly hard to write. I did not enjoy it. It made me sick and it made me sad. We end the season not knowing ANYTHING about the future. Except for two things. We know we are definitely saying goodbye to two of my favorite people: Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy)."

She continued:
    "I love Chyler and I love the character of Lexie Grey. She was an important member of my 'Grey's' family. This was not an easy decision. But it was a decision that Chyler and I came to together. We had a lot of thoughtful discussion about it and ultimately we both decided this was the right time for her character's journey to end. As far as I'm concerned Chyler will always remain a part of the Shondaland family and I can't wait to work with her again in the future."
    I guess that's that. I doubt we'll hear any more on it.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Journey? Does that mean Leigh is going to be the next bachelorette?
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Mash, but it was a comedy.
    Actually Java I said outside a war zone. MASH was a show inside a war zone as were Combat Hospital and China Beach.

This is why I think a Teddy series would be interesting. It's never been done. We've had a lot of hospital shows in our lives with ER being among the best. We've also had several shows about hospitals in the midst of wars. I'd actually like to see a JAG type thing with doctors. Maybe I'm in the minority but I would watch it. Of course, I'll watch almost anything with Kim Raver. She had me from Third Watch. I think she's brilliant.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Well poo. Can't get angry at a mom who wants to spend more time with her family. But did she have to make Lexie so damn endearing that the show will have a hole in it with her gone?

Thanks for posting that article.
    combatcutie and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread