+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Maybe it was meant to be ominous. You know how you hear your wind chimes right before a storm starts up?

What if it's Meredith dreaming? The wind chimes could be something from the real world, interjecting in to her dream. The whole reason for them going on the plane in the first place seemed to happen so quickly that you almost missed the reason if you didn't pay enough attention. Seems kind of dreamish to me. Anyway, I know it's probably wishful thinking (I hate that Lexie died), but you never know!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting and plausible reasoning!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    What if it's Meredith dreaming? The wind chimes could be something from the real world, interjecting in to her dream. The whole reason for them going on the plane in the first place seemed to happen so quickly that you almost missed the reason if you didn't pay enough attention. Seems kind of dreamish to me. Anyway, I know it's probably wishful thinking (I hate that Lexie died), but you never know!
    Sadly, Shonda has shot down the dream theory. She said we'll never see Lexie (Chyler) on the show again, which makes me really sad b/c I think she's one of those characters who deserves a funeral so the fans can mourn her passing as well.
    combatcutie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Maybe Meredith fell asleep on the plane, that whole thing was a dream, and she awakes at the beginning of next season and either A) they really did have a crash (though not as traumatically with all the injuries we saw) in which Lexie really did die (recall, Meredith was not there when Lexie died in the season finale) or B) there never was a crash but Lexie really is dead (something else happening to her on the plane or something).

I dunno, I know what Shonda has "said" and I also know how she's anything but straightforward with information and I also feel darn sure those chimes have significant meaning. No matter what anyone says (including Shonda Rhimes) I'm just not yet willing to write off the chimes and it not being a dream until we get to next season's episodes airing.

Eh, but then again, what do I know LOL!
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think I would stop watching the show for absolute sure if this turned out to be some kind of screwed up version of the "Dallas" dream. Ugh.
    JavaJo and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I think I would stop watching the show for absolute sure if this turned out to be some kind of screwed up version of the "Dallas" dream. Ugh.
    I was just thinking the same thing when I saw your post, cc! Maybe the first ep of the new season will start with McSteamy stepping out of the shower again!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Sadly, Shonda has shot down the dream theory. She said we'll never see Lexie (Chyler) on the show again, which makes me really sad b/c I think she's one of those characters who deserves a funeral so the fans can mourn her passing as well.
    Another way we could "never see Lexie again" is that Mark shoots her down and firmly rejects her, she gets all depressed, and either kills herself or leaves Seattle Grace immediately to avoid seeing him again. So it could be a dream AND Lexie could be suddenly gone.

FORT Fogey

If Shonda was talking straight, then "we'll never see Lexie on the show again" means she is gone and will not be on the first episode of the new season for Mark to shoot down.

I thought I had actually read somewhere that Chyler Leigh has said that will actually will see her next season. I'll have to see if I can find that little tidbit again.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread