+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I didn't know that the actress who played Lexie didn't want to renew her contract. Um, who else doesn't want to renew their contract? The only other person who seems to be in danger of dying there is Mark. I hope it's not Arizona! She seemed fairly stable at the end of the episode, but I guess anything can happen by the time they're rescued. It's just preposterous to me that it's taking so long for someone to look for them or find them. No one said they veered off course on the way there.
    Wasn't there a short scene in which Arizona was coughing up blood? I thought it odd they kinda just left that hanging out there but when she lived I thought maybe it was no big deal. But then again, coughing up blood is never no big deal.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Well, Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) is pregnant with her 3rd and looks ready to pop....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Shonda already confirmed that both Chyler Leigh and Kim Raver were finished, so it's definitely just Lexie that died.

I liked Lexie a lot as a character. I thought she was the turning point to really soften Meredith up and help her become whole and family-oriented after her disaster of a childhood. I thought she and Mark were great together - do you remember the blowhole episode? "People think we're ugly, but I think we're beautiful." I think they ruined Lexie and Mark - Sloane was one thing but then when Callie got pregnant with Mark's baby, that just about did it for her. I'm sorry, but I'm still pissed they killed her off. It had nothing to do with Chyler's contract. She and Shonda discussed things and said yes, they agreed it was time for Lexie's character to be done, so she died. But it's not a contract dispute. When Shonda pitched it to Chyler, she understood and they took it from there. (all learned from Shonda's twitter page TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter) But that still pisses me off. Way too much missed opportunity with her. I thought she was a very complex character that they just sort of forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    Shonda already confirmed that both Chyler Leigh and Kim Raver were finished, so it's definitely just Lexie that died.

I liked Lexie a lot as a character. I thought she was the turning point to really soften Meredith up and help her become whole and family-oriented after her disaster of a childhood. I thought she and Mark were great together - do you remember the blowhole episode? "People think we're ugly, but I think we're beautiful." I think they ruined Lexie and Mark - Sloane was one thing but then when Callie got pregnant with Mark's baby, that just about did it for her. I'm sorry, but I'm still pissed they killed her off. It had nothing to do with Chyler's contract. She and Shonda discussed things and said yes, they agreed it was time for Lexie's character to be done, so she died. But it's not a contract dispute. When Shonda pitched it to Chyler, she understood and they took it from there. (all learned from Shonda's twitter page TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter) But that still pisses me off. Way too much missed opportunity with her. I thought she was a very complex character that they just sort of forgot about.
    I'm going to miss Lexie for all the reasons you mentioned. but re: the highlighted - it's just Lexie that died in this episode but we can't assume she's the only character who dies in the crash.

Here's an interview that was done -

What kind of reaction have you seen today about the finale, and is it what you were expecting?
    ....Everyone is still so immersed in ‘Who died?' and no one is talking about the thing that I actually think is important and was the point of the episode.

Which is?
    Which is they are still out there. They're still out there in the forest, and we don't know if they are going to be OK. We left it open for a reason because…I hate to say this, but just because you saw people alive at the end of the finale doesn't mean they're going to be alive when the season starts up. We are completely jumping off into the unknown next season.
    Here's the link for the full article Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Talks Shocking Finale and Cast Departures: Don’t Assume Everyone Else Will Live - E! Online
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Ugh, so how many more doctors is she going to kill? Let's see, Teddy is gone (not dead, but still gone), so Cristina can be chief of cardiothoracic surgery and stay on the show. (In real life, don't they need to be practicing board-certified surgeons for longer than 5 minutes before they can become chief?) So, if Arizona dies, Karev can get her job and stay in Seattle, too. Derek is too injured to move; his hand will probably need rehabilitation, so he and Mer stay. I don't know what the story line would be for Mark if he lives. He can't go back to Julie now that he declared his love for Lexie and how they were meant to be. (Couldn't we have been given 10 minutes of them back together after Lexie told him she was still in love with him, instead of him standing there like a big doofus, before they got on that plane?) So IMO, both Arizona and Mark could die, but poor Callie will be alone with Sofia. I really don't see Mer, Cristina, or Derek dying, although of those three, the most expendable is Derek. Seattle Grace will sure be hiring some new docs this fall. Maybe April will get to stay. Oh goodie.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

oh cantstopwatchin....Shonda kills me! Arizona and Mark were in pretty bad shape. But I can't speculate any more. My brain hurts!!! That article was good. Thanks for posting.

I'm going to relive my Lexie years on Lifetime - they're up to some good ones - like when Yang convinced her to dress up for Halloween. LOL.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    but I read that the main characters (Mer, Christina, Alex, and Derrick) will be back.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm going to miss Lexie for all the reasons you mentioned. but re: the highlighted - it's just Lexie that died in this episode but we can't assume she's the only character who dies in the crash.

Here's an interview that was done -

Here's the link for the full article Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Talks Shocking Finale and Cast Departures: Don’t Assume Everyone Else Will Live - E! Online
    ARGGHH!! If Shonda kills off Arizona or Mark as well, there aren't many people I still like that are left. Like I said before I'm not all excited about the new season, but will watch the first couple of episodes to see if it is worth watching anymore. I can easily tune out a new season and maybe come back for a series finale to see how everything wraps up.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Did anyone hear what the wind chimes meant?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Did anyone hear what the wind chimes meant?
    No but if you've heard, please post it - they drove me nuts during the show!
    JavaJo and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread