+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

IMO, you hit the nail on the head!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that some of the scripts are inplausible or overly dramatic because Shonda is writing the shows to be an escape, not a reflection of reality. There was a time when the majority of TV dramas took that approach. Remember St Elsewhere? LA Law? I remember when ER first came out, people were really surprised by just how realistic the show was for a drama. It was really an unsual approach for a show at that time, and it wasn't that long ago. Shonda is not trying to pretend to present a real life portrayal of life in a surgical ward anymore than Harry Potter realistically portrays life in a boarding school, Twilight realistically portrays teenage love triangles, or Fifty Shads of Gray accurately portrays the love lives of women in their 20s. The only intent is to entertain with a "What will they come up with next?" element. Sometimes, the responses are real and tug at you, like Izzy's response when Denny died. Other times, things are totally off the wall, like when a surgeon can have about six different specialities, or a long line of crazy things can happen to exactly the same person. No matter which direction they go, I think the intent is always to entertain, and I keep tuning in because most of the time, I am entertained. I don't want to see real life ALL the time!
    Well said
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

For the record, I'm still mad at Shonda for killing Lexie. She was a great character. I loved Lexipedia. I just watched the first few episodes when she came to Seattle Grace right after her mother died. I really loved her. Boo on Shonda. She better not make her come back in a dream - Meredith's already almost died twice. No more dreams. I'll miss Lexie.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I don't know why anyone would be mad at Shonda for killing Lexie. The actress decided not to renew her contract. Honestly I'm surprised she didn't kill Izzie too. Shonda likes killing characters and not letting them live happily ever after. Teddy lived because Shonda is considering pitching a spinoff for Medcom. I think Kim Raver is an excellent actress and could easily hold down her own series, and one about military doctors outside war zones has never been done. I think it would be interesting.

I can remember the joke on ER was you'd better not want out because you won't have a way back in. The reason was if you wanted out they usually killed your character. They killed Mark Green for God's sake. I think Shonda operates in much the same way. She's also hinted that Lexie won't be the only one to die. That's more worrisome to me.

I liked the character but not with Mark. He's too old for her. I liked her better with Jackson. The actress is great but she has a Broadway career as well. My guess is she wanted to be back in New York where she could pursue that. I have no hard feelings at all.

Now as for the finale, I agree there were a lot of holes, especially no one knowing the plane hadn't arrived. I also wasn't fond of the ending where they're just sitting there. But I guess it's gotten people talking which is a good thing especially when the show is 8 years old. I for one will be watching in the fall. I love the show. And just like Desperate Housewives, I'll be watching until the last credits roll.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

I didn't know that the actress who played Lexie didn't want to renew her contract. Um, who else doesn't want to renew their contract? The only other person who seems to be in danger of dying there is Mark. I hope it's not Arizona! She seemed fairly stable at the end of the episode, but I guess anything can happen by the time they're rescued. It's just preposterous to me that it's taking so long for someone to look for them or find them. No one said they veered off course on the way there.

I think Kim Raver is an excellent actress and could easily hold down her own series, and one about military doctors outside war zones has never been done. I think it would be interesting.
    Mash, but it was a comedy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Happily ever after" is BORING!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm thinking it's Arizona that might die but then I also thought Derek would die so what do I know? My reasoning for Arizona is that no one has taken the time to look at her open wound as if it's nothing and I can just imagine the infection that is getting into her body through that wound.

I personally found Teddy's character quite boring and do not find the actress who plays her likable. I can't imagine her having the ability to carry a show.

I had a feeling that I already had a preconceived bias against Audrey Raines (Teddy) so I just googled her and found out why.

She played Jack Bauer's love interest on 24 (which was one of my all time favorite shows) and I never could warm up to her in that role. I found her really boring and never could see what Jack saw in her. The fact that I had to deal with her for an entire day (which in 24 time was a whole season) drove me bonkers.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm thinking it's Arizona that might die but then I also thought Derek would die so what do I know? My reasoning for Arizona is that no one has taken the time to look at her open wound as if it's nothing and I can just imagine the infection that is getting into her body through that wound.

I personally found Teddy's character quite boring and do not find the actress who plays her likable. I can't imagine her having the ability to carry a show.

I had a feeling that I already had a preconceived bias against Audrey Raines (Teddy) so I just googled her and found out why.

She played Jack Bauer's love interest on 24 (which was one of my all time favorite shows) and I never could warm up to her in that role. I found her really boring and never could see what Jack saw in her. The fact that I had to deal with her for an entire day (which in 24 time was a whole season) drove me bonkers.
    I didn't like Kim Raver on Lipstick Jungle.. so when they cast her for Teddy, I wasn't at all happy. The fact that I love Christina made everything worse. I am thankful she will be leaving, I only hope that she doesn't find her way back since characters who do not die have a way of popping back up.. or at least have rumors to that fact. I don't think I could ever watch a show that she was the lead character on.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Thanks, FireWoman ... I was trying to remember the name of the show Kim Raver was on with Brooke Shields and another actress. It was Lipstick Jungle! I'd never seen her before, but I think she's a good actress. She just seems to play characters that aren't particularly likeable. If there's a spinoff, perhaps she'll be given a more sympathetic role. I did like her more on Grey's after she and Henry fell in love, though. I had a feeling she was leaving (and thought at first she would be the one to die when that rumor came out) because there really was nothing going on for her anymore ... unless they decided to bring back that yummy psychologist, who I think was played by James Tupper. Actually, they could use him again, now that the docs have had yet another traumatic experience!
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread