+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

So, we still don't know if/when the group that crashed is being rescued, right?

FORT Fogey

Right, but I'm sure that either the dense doctors at SG or the Boise hospital will finally call out a search party in the opening episode. Just too ridiculous -- I'm sure chiefs of surgery at large metro hospitals have secretaries screening calls for them, and Owen would have been notified of an emergency. Anyone needing to get in touch with the chief would not just be stuck leaving voice mails because he was busy. There were just too many ways that alarm bells would have gone off and search parties sent out to find a missing team of surgeons whose plane never landed.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    So, we still don't know if/when the group that crashed is being rescued, right?
    I think the aftermath of all this will be the drama.I can think of a couple of very good story lines that will come out of all this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I have been meaning to post in this thread for a long time, but because so many different shows have been going on I just never got the chance. I just finished reading all the comments made by everyone leading up to the final show of the season. I have watched GA since it started and I have found it has had its ups and downs and several times have decided that it was getting a bit ridiculous at times and on the boring side. Just when I thought that an episode would come along that I thought it was really great. I wish I had come here to be able to see what other people were thinking. I have one girlfriend who always watches and we compare notes. I watch all my TV by DVR as I can't stand the commercials so I really felt bad for the ones that had to suffer through them while watching this last episode. For me, I found it to be a very strange episode for the reasons that most of you have already stated. I agree with the ones that said the hospital just leaving voice mails absolutely made no sense. Owen not taking any calls when he is the head of the hospital was completely ridiculous. Even if he was not taking them I would think that someone in that entire hospital would be reachable. I am sure the pilot had to log a flight plan and I would think that since the plane obviously did not reach its destination someone would have sent a search party. I know there was the one helicopter, but I find that hard to believe that they would give up so easily. I don't know a lot about flying and what is done when a plane is missing, but I think more would have happened. If they were searching for a missing plane I would think they knew who was aboard the plane and would have tried notifying someone about it being missing. So much of it just wasn't believable. Lexi dying was very sad and I was waiting for her and Mark to finally be reunited. I saw no purpose in having Lexi or anyone dying. I was disappointed in this as the grand finale for the season. I have seen better episodes during the season and the only difference was that it was settled at the end.

This season there were so many new shows that gave me so much more than GA. Many of them had me either on the edge of my seat or having to really think of what was going on during that episode. I learned that the majority of them got cancelled. I was very disappointed in hearing the news of their cancellation, but yet heard this show was going to continue on. Will I watch next season? I am not sure because I don't know what they will give me to watch. I find television has changed a lot over the years. A lot of the shows that have been on for awhile don't seem as good as they once were and new shows that show so much promise end up getting cancelled because the cost of producing it is too high. I guess my answer is I will just have to wait and see.
    I only get limited TV channels but if any one of them puts something on that is interesting to me opposite this I will be watching it. For awhile Bones was on opposite this show and I watched Bones almost exclusively for that period of time and honestly didn't feel like I missed a whole lot when I wasn't watching Greys.

That's what has happened when Private Practice moved too. Something good is on at the same time and I can't even remember that Private Practice is on so I have missed all the episodes since it moved.

There is nothing that was left that leaves me feeling I have to watch the first episode next season or next season in general.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The co-workers will start to fret when they are sure that their friends are "no-shows" for the dinner. Works for me! I don't require "the moon"....just entertainment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The co-workers will start to fret when they are sure that their friends are "no-shows" for the dinner. Works for me! I don't require "the moon"....just entertainment.
    Works for me as well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I only get limited TV channels but if any one of them puts something on that is interesting to me opposite this I will be watching it. For awhile Bones was on opposite this show and I watched Bones almost exclusively for that period of time and honestly didn't feel like I missed a whole lot when I wasn't watching Greys.

That's what has happened when Private Practice moved too. Something good is on at the same time and I can't even remember that Private Practice is on so I have missed all the episodes since it moved. There is nothing that was left that leaves me feeling I have to watch the first episode next season or next season in general.
    I watch Bones as well and if there is any way that you can watch the ones you did not see of Private Practice I have to say that this season was fantastic. Some really great story lines.

I agree with everyone else who was very disappointed in this episode. Shonda had Lexie dying so fast that a great opportunity was missed for some very touching and emotional dialogue between Lexie and Meredith. Their relationship started out as so complicated, and rather hostile on Meredith's part, that it would have been satisfying to see it end lovingly. Yes, yes, people die in real life all the time without getting to say their goodbyes, but this is a TV show for heaven's sake. It is supposed to provide heart-wrenching drama, and I felt cheated at not getting to see a great death scene (sad and creepy as that may sound). The entire episode really did seem hastily thrown together. And the commercials every couple of minutes were maddening.

It was also ridiculous to think that the hospital in Boise would not have known there was a problem. Separating conjoined twins is a MAJOR surgical event, and one where media outlets would have been covering the story. The Boise hospital would certainly have sent a vehicle to pick the surgeons up from the airport and bring them to the hospital. Even had they not done that, someone would have been checking to see when the plane arrived. Once that plane missed its scheduled landing, a lot of people would have known about it and become alarmed. The notion that hours went by without the Boise hospital being aware that the plane was missing, and then notifying SG, is just nonsense. It was very lazy and disappointing story telling.
    Coco46, JavaJo, ilja and 2 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

mushybrain - agree on your whole post! Definitely think there could have been a touching ending with Lexie and Mer. She didn't even say goodbye for goodness sake!

However, I still love the damn show and I'll watch every episode they make. They do feel like friends, so I'll watch to make sure they're okay

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Came down with food poisoning and slept and XXX right through the finale, so will have to find it on line. Good to know what's happening though.

Back to Bailey and her on again off again beau---what the heck? Maybe he just realizes that there's no way Bailey will leave Seattle Grace (maybe that is spelled out more in the finale, I'm still reeling from the previous week)?

+ Reply to Thread