+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Using the word "realistically" is where you go wrong, chaos! I enjoyed the episode.....when I views, I just give it it's wings to fly wherever it will; I'm just along for the ride. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't have a problem with what was going on back at the hospital because it's abnormal to be concerned about a flight not arriving....until you know that something has happened, and that there's something to worry about. People, generally, don't just sit and fret.
    That's true but I think what we were saying (at least I was) was that with such a big surgery the doctors were headed to (conjoined twins), you'd think someone on the other end would've wanted to speak with a living, breathing person when they didn't arrive. I mean, they showed us both sunrise and sunset at Seattle Grace. With all that goes into prepping those babies for surgery, such a late arrival would've caused lots of questions way before it did. That's a heck of a long time for someone at the Boise hospital not to speak with anyone at SG...
    ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Using the word "realistically" is where you go wrong, chaos! I enjoyed the episode.....when I views, I just give it it's wings to fly wherever it will; I'm just along for the ride. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't have a problem with what was going on back at the hospital because it's abnormal to be concerned about a flight not arriving....until you know that something has happened, and that there's something to worry about. People, generally, don't just sit and fret.
    Aha! So that's where we differ. I unfortunately am a big time worry wart. I'm not advocating it as I think it's a big waste of time and does nobody any good but if I were Callie, I would have expected Arizona to call me as soon as she landed or at least as soon as she left the airport.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

FORT Fogey

To me it's not an issue of being a "worry wart." It's a pretty big deal to send a team of surgeons out of state to operate on conjoined twins, so it seems more common sense and good medical protocol for the chief of those surgeons to check in with them, or to expect them to check in with him with a progress report at some point, or even to have specified some check-in times to update on their progress. As far as Callie and Arizona, it just makes sense to me that Arizona would have called her wife with an update, that Callie would expect that, or just to say see you around 10 p.m., or whatever time she would expect to be back.
    cantstopwatchin and Jaceegirl like this.

And you would expect parents (Arizona, Mark, Meredith and Derek) to want to check on their child when they landed, too. Before the surgery, because you won't be able to call during it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I would like at least a shred of realistic in my dramas. That's what my issue is with Shonda's shows in general.

Even without the realism in this episode it was completely unenjoyable to me becuase the writing just wasn't that great. This was the best they could up with as a story for a season finale with all the options? Seriously? Come on. It felt like some half-butted attempt to throw some artificial drama in for drama's sakes and it wasn't even that well done.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Instead of another major disaster and dead/dying docs as a season finale, I would have liked to see something more on the psychological/deeply emotional level as Karev, Mer/Der, Avery, Cristina, etc., struggle with their career options, what that will mean to their friends, to Seattle Grace, to their futures, etc. Will Cristina leave Owen, is Owen firing Teddy to give Cristina her job in desperate attempt to keep her there, how does Avery feel about April, what will April do for the next year until she can take her boards again, is she suicidal, Arizona trying to keep Karev, etc. If written well, I think something like that could have been very heart-rending, and there could have been lots of room for cliffhangers.
    Marlena_M, Kanga and Jaceegirl like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Instead of another major disaster and dead/dying docs as a season finale, I would have liked to see something more on the psychological/deeply emotional level as Karev, Mer/Der, Avery, Cristina, etc., struggle with their career options, what that will mean to their friends, to Seattle Grace, to their futures, etc. Will Cristina leave Owen, is Owen firing Teddy to give Cristina her job in desperate attempt to keep her there, how does Avery feel about April, what will April do for the next year until she can take her boards again, is she suicidal, Arizona trying to keep Karev, etc. If written well, I think something like that could have been very heart-rending, and there could have been lots of room for cliffhangers.
    ^^^ absolutely 100% completely agree!!!!!!!
    NiceShoes likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm with Shay, I thought the episode was really well filmed. There was no suspense, but there was a lot of emotion. The scenes where Christina was telling Grey how to deal with McSteamy's condition juxtaposed with Teddy doing the same for her patient were great!
    As for calling your loved ones to tell them you arrived to destination, I doubt doctors make many personal calls in one day. You have to think that they were just gone for a day and it seemed like routine. No one would actually worry until their loved one didn't make it back home on time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    ^^^ absolutely 100% completely agree!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Marlena_M. The more I think about it, the more I think Grey's has jumped the shark with this story line, and it did absolutely nothing to make me impatient for the new season to start.

I have been meaning to post in this thread for a long time, but because so many different shows have been going on I just never got the chance. I just finished reading all the comments made by everyone leading up to the final show of the season. I have watched GA since it started and I have found it has had its ups and downs and several times have decided that it was getting a bit ridiculous at times and on the boring side. Just when I thought that an episode would come along that I thought it was really great. I wish I had come here to be able to see what other people were thinking. I have one girlfriend who always watches and we compare notes. I watch all my TV by DVR as I can't stand the commercials so I really felt bad for the ones that had to suffer through them while watching this last episode. For me, I found it to be a very strange episode for the reasons that most of you have already stated. I agree with the ones that said the hospital just leaving voice mails absolutely made no sense. Owen not taking any calls when he is the head of the hospital was completely ridiculous. Even if he was not taking them I would think that someone in that entire hospital would be reachable. I am sure the pilot had to log a flight plan and I would think that since the plane obviously did not reach its destination someone would have sent a search party. I know there was the one helicopter, but I find that hard to believe that they would give up so easily. I don't know a lot about flying and what is done when a plane is missing, but I think more would have happened. If they were searching for a missing plane I would think they knew who was aboard the plane and would have tried notifying someone about it being missing. So much of it just wasn't believable. Lexi dying was very sad and I was waiting for her and Mark to finally be reunited. I saw no purpose in having Lexi or anyone dying. I was disappointed in this as the grand finale for the season. I have seen better episodes during the season and the only difference was that it was settled at the end.

This season there were so many new shows that gave me so much more than GA. Many of them had me either on the edge of my seat or having to really think of what was going on during that episode. I learned that the majority of them got cancelled. I was very disappointed in hearing the news of their cancellation, but yet heard this show was going to continue on. Will I watch next season? I am not sure because I don't know what they will give me to watch. I find television has changed a lot over the years. A lot of the shows that have been on for awhile don't seem as good as they once were and new shows that show so much promise end up getting cancelled because the cost of producing it is too high. I guess my answer is I will just have to wait and see.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread