+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I just have to ask...what if it was all a dream? Maybe someone fell asleep on the plane....
    You know I watched it again and there were several times in the show where a ringing bell or some sort of musical chimes went off... It usually happened when they looked up at the trees or sky but there was a time when it went off with Owen listening to the messages... Maybe I'm crazy but if someone watches again listen for the musical chims/dinging... Hope it was a dream.
    NiceShoes and Jaceegirl like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

When Derek was trying to shoot off the flare gun, my husband was bitching that it wasn't going to work because there wasn't a flare in it...lol. I don't know anything about them so I don't know but he said you have to load a flare and then shoot. And why in the hell did Derek break his hand to free it? Even Lexie, who was dying, had the presense of mind to find something to bang on the section of metal she was trapped under. It had the potential to be a superb episode but there were just too many inane mistakes made to achieve that, IMO.

Realitychick...I heard it, too.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

If it was indeed a dream sequence... I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. On the one hand, I'd feel incredibly... incredibly... manipulated. IMO dream sequences don't go over well since the days of Bobby Ewing on Dallas. On the other hand, well, I don't know if there is an "other hand" for me! LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Lexi and Teddy are definitely gone according to Shonda, so nope...not a dream.

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I rewatched a little while ago and, as others seem to be, am more irritated today than I was last night but about the same things. I, too, think someone at SG would've wondered how the surgery (I mean they were conjoined twins!) was going and I've no doubt someone in Boise would've asked to speak to a real, living, breathing person to find out about that plane! In The second message Owen played, the Boise doctor said she was going to call the airport to see if weather held them up. Then the third one says "I'm starting to get really worried..." That just doesn't make sense!!!

I heard the chimes too and wondered WTH they were. Since the tweet from Shonda says it's real, it just doesn't make sense.

I'm just over the writers thinking they need to have some major catastrophe befall all the doctors in the season finale. I mean, wasn't the Residents passing their Boards and moving on going to be (traumatic) enough??? They could've left us with a who's leaving/staying and that would've been just fine with me.
    NiceShoes, JavaJo and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I personally like catastrophies. I just prefer my catastophies with drama, excitement and emotion. It was not dramatic watching them back at the hospital being clueless and the most exciting part happening during the first 10 minutes of the show made the rest seem that much more emotionless. I did cry over Lexie but that was about it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    If it was indeed a dream sequence... I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. On the one hand, I'd feel incredibly... incredibly... manipulated. IMO dream sequences don't go over well since the days of Bobby Ewing on Dallas. On the other hand, well, I don't know if there is an "other hand" for me! LOL!
    Last night just before I went to sleep, I said to myself "Hey! Maybe it was a dream. They pulled a Bobby!" And I was happy with that thought. Today, not so much. I changed my avatar and that's good enough for now. I don't have the same excitement that usually comes with a finale/cliffhanger where I'm hoping that September/October can't get here fast enough. So depending on how the first couple of episodes goes, I am not sure if Grey's will be must see TV.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I personally like catastrophies. I just prefer my catastophies with drama, excitement and emotion. It was not dramatic watching them back at the hospital being clueless and the most exciting part happening during the first 10 minutes of the show made the rest seem that much more emotionless. I did cry over Lexie but that was about it.
    There was just like no tension in the episode. Besides the emotional burn out of "does this really have to happen every single season ending is there no writer there that is better than this..." Lexie dieing right away kind of put the emotional high point way too early on. Yeah we all wanted to know who died but the tension would have been better if they waited until later in the episode. There was absolutely no emotion else where in the episode and for a group of people in a plane crash there was a marked lack of emotion as well. Maybe the emotion went in to the same vacuum as jet fuel and smoke from a downed plane. And realistically with a debris field like they apparently had the helicopter flying over would have seen the crash zone of the plane. They wouldn't have needed the fire or flare to signal.

But I'm just of over the "lets end every single season with a deadly crisis" and probably more so this season or last couple seasons because it feels like they just randomly throwing in these "near death" experiences just for the heck of it mid season too.

I think they could have done a much better job with a season ending with out wandering heavily into ER crisis land.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

There was just like no tension in the episode
    No, there wasn't.
    I didn't feel much of anything.I think the saddest I felt anything for was Mark.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Using the word "realistically" is where you go wrong, chaos! I enjoyed the episode.....when I views, I just give it it's wings to fly wherever it will; I'm just along for the ride. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't have a problem with what was going on back at the hospital because it's abnormal to be concerned about a flight not arriving....until you know that something has happened, and that there's something to worry about. People, generally, don't just sit and fret.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread