+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I will miss Lexi. I needed her to get her happy ending. I thought Mark was going to die too!! While the whole episode was unrealistic, the thing that got me was the hospital in Boise is just sitting back waiting for a team of surgeons? Like they'd leave a voicemail? I call my car repairman and don't leave a voicemail - I want a person! But I was sad that it's Lexi and wouldn't some sort of air traffic something or other realize a plane went off the radar? I hate cliffhangers.

But I was happy that Teddy is leaving - her character had run its course. And I'm super happy for Ben and Bailey.

and in typical Cristina Yang....she had the line of the show. "I have PTSD and I'm unreliable" and when she couldn't find her shoe. lol

Wonder how Jackson is going to feel about Lexi? What will this do to him? He cared about her a lot.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was so upset to see Lexi die. Seriously, this girl was AMAZING. She finally told Mark how she felt and boom....she gets killed off. NOT LIKING YOU RIGHT NOW SHONDA!!! Why couldn't it have been April or Teddy???

Now since Owen fired Teddy, do you think that they will bring Burke back to take her place putting a twist in the Cristina/Owen/Burke??

I also wonder what is going to happen to Derek now that he broke his hand to get out of the metal. Someone explain to me why Owen wouldn't take any calls during the day. The stupid hospital wasn't that freaking busy for him to take a call. He could have had help on the way a lot sooner.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I probably would have cared more if there was some sense of panic back at the Seattle hospital. Instead I got yet another "I cheated on God" speech from April (essentially) and Avery doing who knows what Avery is doing etc. Just more of the same. And since every single emotional thing in the woods was interrupted by a commercial... I was checking the clock as it was happening and it was literally ever 5-7 minutes that there was another commercial break... So really I feel like at most I got a half hour of show.

With zero urgency in Seattle... and the feeling that we've been here before (like every single season)... I literally laughed out loud at Christina's comment about their frequent issues like this.....I guess I'm just cared out about these characters. I want to care. I thought Lexie's death was sad and an unbelievable waste when there were so many better characters to kill off but I'm not Shonda.
    Good points! I think it would have been MUCH more interesting to see how the people at the hospital responded to the news of the crash, not lollie gagging around with idle chit chat. Please. That was annoying.

Please tell me how people as smart as they are that they can't figure out how to keep a fire going in a life or death situation. Even I could do that from watching a few episodes of Dual Survival. LOL

Odd that the tracker malfunctioned AND the flare gun. To bad they didn't think to make black smoke to alert the helicopter. Why does the writer of this show insist on ruining the storyline with crop. IT's so annoying.

I'm not so upset about Lexi. I know many loved her, but she was never on my favorites list.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I never felt Lexie was such a beloved character that the writers would be all boo-hooey about writing her death or that the viewers would be all boo-hooey in watching it. I felt very little emotion other than "oh wow, so it's Lexie that's gonna die in this episode". I usually cry through quite a bit of most GA episodes, especially the season finale's but this one didn't get to me very much. In fact, I don't recall getting choked up even one time. I guess my clue that this was gonna be a non-event was the fact the season finale was scheduled as just one hour. Add in what you guys are saying about extensive commercials it might have been about 38 minutes of actual show. I DVR it and purposely start no earlier than 30 minutes in so that I don't catch up to "live"... I gotta FF thru those commercials. I can imagine last night's commercials would have completely disrupted the emotional impact and remember thinking "wow, this would've been so much better if it was "presented with limited commercial interruptions" or none at all. I agree with those of you who said it never would have taken that long for Boise to "sound the alarms!!", Boise would never have just left voicemails and it would've been better if the folks back at SGMD would've found out and experienced some on-camera reaction last night.

Eh, not impressed with last night's finale and it surely didn't leave me feeling "oh wow, how can we possibly wait until the fall to see what happens next".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I DVR it and purposely start no earlier than 30 minutes in so that I don't catch up to "live"... I gotta FF thru those commercials. I can imagine last night's commercials would have completely disrupted the emotional impact and remember thinking "wow, this would've been so much better if it was "presented with limited commercial interruptions" or none at all.
    I usually do this too, but didn't want to be spoiled on facebook (I multitask lol). So, at one point, there was 4 minutes of show and then 6 minutes (SIX!!) of commercials. I was so annoyed. And you're right, it make the emotions of the show so choppy. I got choked up when I realized it was going to be Lexi. But then I really gasped when I thought Mark was dying. But it was definitely choppy so that kinda screws it up. And I was annoyed at some of the things that were blatantly stupid (like Boise not getting in touch with SOMEONE at SGMW and the chopper not noticing a downed plane - I'm sorry, but there's FUEL in that plane - no smoke/fire/anything??). But I still liked it, however thought it could be better. I just hate cliffhangers.

FORT Fanatic

I just have to ask...what if it was all a dream? Maybe someone fell asleep on the plane....
    combatcutie and Debb70 like this.

Another thing that bugged me was why did not anyone try to use their cell phone? I realize it probably would not work out there but dang if I would not have tried and walked around to try and get service.
    Debb70 likes this.

I must have missed this, but can someone fill me in on why Lexi was so shy about expressing her love for Mark for so long? Why did she act like a blubbering idiot around him? I also recall when the group got her to do the reading of the files in prep for their boards. She just sat there like a hostage. Why?

FORT Fogey

Now that I've had more time to think about it, I'm even more irritated! Too many preposterous elements, Shonda! The surgeons were going to Idaho to perform a major operation for which the Boise hospital would have had to prepare the twins and go to a great deal of trouble to set it all up with support teams, etc. So why wouldn't they have sounded the alarm when the plane was even 30 minutes late with no word?! And there's no way to get the chief of staff at SG live on the phone? And no one back at SG wonders why they haven't heard a peep from any of those surgeons, such as Callie not hearing from Arizona? Owen not hearing from anyone? Would he not want to keep tabs on what was going on? Surely someone left behind would have said "call when you get there"! Was there no concern from the airport at Boise that the plane didn't land on schedule? Why should it take 4 hours? Was that the closest airport to wherever they went down? Why was there only one flare gun? When the copter flew overhead, couldn't someone have run out into a clearing and waved their arms, or a bright article of clothing or piece of fabric they might have had instead of standing under the cover of all those trees and shouting. Several of them were able to walk!
    JunkieGirl, ilja, Debb70 and 1 others like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too am more POed today after thinking about it.. Grey's has become Harry Potter. Its a So who is going to die this season.

I also blame Owen, had he listened to his assistant about the calls he was getting, maybe more could have been done earlier on. It was all there.. and he was 'too busy' to deal.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread