+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

But on a serious note...if you want marriage and babies and the guy you are with waits 8 years to propose..I'm not sure I would wait around.
    That's what I was thinking almost the whole time. Why wait around if you aren't getting what you want/need? I know people do it; but, I don't understand why.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. If you are subjected to this, can you imagine what you are going to run into in that marriage down the road? Things usually get worse....not better. Some things just ought not to be tolerated.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it's really sad to see couples where the woman has had to beg, plead, push, threaten, cry, and manipulate to get a her boyfriend to marry her. And I am surprised at how often it happens. It's so sad. The man just doesn't want it. And after the wedding....it shows.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I am looking forward to the crossover episode. They are usually pretty good, in my experiences.
    marybethp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think it's really sad to see couples where the woman has had to beg, plead, push, threaten, cry, and manipulate to get a her boyfriend to marry her. And I am surprised at how often it happens. It's so sad. The man just doesn't want it. And after the wedding....it shows.
    Agree with the above and all the similar comments. I hope she sees the locket message, mourns, and then moves on and finds someone who actually pursues her. At least a little. Such a one sided pursuit means the relationship is in for real trouble as the "power" in the relationship is unbalanced.

While I enjoyed last night's episode, I have one little complaint. It was a crossover episode with Amy (I think that's Derek's sister's name) showing up at Seattle's Grace... not once did he mention to her about adopting Zola. I think they could have given Meredith and Amy a small scene together, just to say hello, congrats on the baby, congrats on completing rehab, ya know?

kinda like when derek didn't help with amy's intervention?

Do you mean Amelia? I've never heard her referred to as Amy. You threw me off!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Derek calls her Amy.

I agree though - I hate those little inconsistencies - if they're going to have those characters be related, you have to at least mention them in certain instances. I can't believe they didn't call ANY of Amelia's family members for the intervention - they have other sisters and a mother too (Tyne Daly anyone?). Shonda drives me crazy when they do that.

I think they should have at least had Amelia meet & greet with Meredith - she is Derek's wife and Amelia was in Seattle! Where did she sleep? They could have expanded on her visit there.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

As someone who does not want children, has never wanted them and never changed her mind about it, I was pretty ticked off about Owen saying everyone wants children and if they don't, it is only until they get around to changing their mind and that nobody chooses to not have children. I get that he is upset about the abortion, but believe it or not, there are people out there that just simply do not want children, period.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread