+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Not everyone's gonna like the way Shonda and her team choose to write everything. That's reality. I don't expect to like everything I do expect to like most things overall otherwise I can stop watching.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

When my son went through his major surgery, after the 7th hour, I kept thinking to myself..........I wonder what they are doing in there to stay awake! I envisioned the surgeon dancing around because he's fun like that........I know as a concerned parent if I had seen something like that I probably would have freaked out but I also realize they have to do something to keep it together. Surgeons are humans and they have problems and all that. It doesn't seem too off base for things like that to happen.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Doing something to stay awake is one thing. Being totally focused on your personal issues to the point of that taking the focus off the patient is entirely another. Bailey didn't know where the sponge went and figured her inattention caused it to be left in the patient (which has happened in real life), so she knew she wasn't paying enough attention to the surgery. At least she had Mer assisting her. Teddy, on the other hand, was totally focused on what she had Christina reciting over and over, and you could see how her mind was going over and over what Christina was saying while she was operating on another human being. Kepner was there, but she was also focused on the issues between Teddy and Yang to the point of getting upset herself.

The My Funny Valentine scene moved me to tears.

Sandra Oh was also brilliant again.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Maybe I'm just picky, but if I were a doctor or nurse and knew I had two siblings that were awaiting organ transplant and they were getting very uptight and argueing, I think that I would stepped in and created a reason to put one in another room for some reason, or given them a sadative to calm their nerves, allowing the sick one to get so overcome with anger was just silly IMO. The doctors just stood there and watched the meltdown like they were helpless. So silly and hard to buy for me.
    tapper01 and JavaJo like this.

Debb, that drove me nuts too! And the fact that after surgery they were put right back together even though the doctors knew what was going to happen...grrrr.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

I guess they have to create some conflict on the show. Oh, and no matter how upset I became, I would not forget that I was in somone else's kitchen, with a load of ears in the next room, when I decided to scream that my wife killed our baby. Please. I think this guy needs to take a class on how to handle the doctors beneath him. He needs some help.

I have never liked Owen but he is becoming so self-perfect he makes me sick! Christina deserves more. I wish Burke would come back (even if it were a different actor) That relationship was so much more on every level
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess they have to create some conflict on the show. Oh, and no matter how upset I became, I would not forget that I was in somone else's kitchen, with a load of ears in the next room, when I decided to scream that my wife killed our baby. Please. I think this guy needs to take a class on how to handle the doctors beneath him. He needs some help.
    None of them are the pillar of professionalism, that's for sure. Even Richard does stuff that annoys the crap outta me. I get that it's a television show but it often crosses the line into the ridiculous.
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Isn't being Chief of Surgery a rather inappropiate position for someone who suffers from PTSD? Is seems awefuly stressful. I don't think I would be pushing his buttons, knowing of his condition. Just saying.
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread