+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I didn't see it as abuse.. i understood exactly what Teddy was doing, she needed to be sure that everything was done that could be done. Everything she would have done. Which as she told Christina, it was. I think THAT was the moment that most touched me. It wasn't that she didn't trust Christina, because she did, but needed the reminders of it to prove it to herself. Christina understood that which is why she let it happen.
    There's a fine line between normal, healthy grieving and abusive grieving. I watched a friend of mine absolutely terrorized by another friend because my friend found the body of the sister of another friend. She repeatedly wanted every single detail like Teddy was doing to Christina. And just like Teddy and Christina there were those "questions" placing doubt in the friend who found the body's mind a la "how did you know, did you visualize it...etc."

While it was admirable that Christina gave Teddy what she wanted I lost a lot of respect for the Teddy character over the course of the show. I get that was how she was grieving and that's what she wanted. I would have kept some respect had htey not wrote it in over and over and over again. I understood the implication when they showed her answering the text message and doing it one time. For it was it was to a degree traumatizing to watch because I watched that same thing play out in real life. I saw how destructive it was to both people involved. It doesn't promote healing but rather the self-flagellation of both people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    There's a fine line between normal, healthy grieving and abusive grieving. I watched a friend of mine absolutely terrorized by another friend because my friend found the body of the sister of another friend. She repeatedly wanted every single detail like Teddy was doing to Christina. And just like Teddy and Christina there were those "questions" placing doubt in the friend who found the body's mind a la "how did you know, did you visualize it...etc."

While it was admirable that Christina gave Teddy what she wanted I lost a lot of respect for the Teddy character over the course of the show. I get that was how she was grieving and that's what she wanted. I would have kept some respect had htey not wrote it in over and over and over again. I understood the implication when they showed her answering the text message and doing it one time. For it was it was to a degree traumatizing to watch because I watched that same thing play out in real life. I saw how destructive it was to both people involved. It doesn't promote healing but rather the self-flagellation of both people involved.
    I'm with you. Yet the thing that really bothered me was this was at work and while Teddy was performing other surgeries. It was totally unprofessional to me and could have endangered other patients.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was getting frustrated with Teddy too, but then at the end when she was washing up after her surgery and you saw her hands while Cristina was explaining it, it was like she was reinacting the surgery to make sure Cristina did everything she would have and could have done. I agree that it could have been done in private, but we all grieve differently.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Cristina's role was well-written, as from one physician to another. Wouldn't expect to see anything like that between 2 lay-people. I also don't think that you can expect the same interactions between a scripted drama, and real life happenings. After all....this is a s-h-o-w!

Had I been stuck doing it, I think my choice would have been to keep the answers simple, and make sure to give the exact same answer everytime....and I probably would have walked away after a couple of rounds....not giving audience to the drama. I think Cristina owed the other doctor the professional respect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I loved the interaction between Christine and Teddy .Christine didnt mind repeating and repeating. Teddy was figuring it working it all out in her head, and of course her heart. It was her husband after all.I could never be a surgeon, I got too emotional watching these two

FORT Fogey

I realize Teddy wanted to be sure that Christina did everything she would have done, but I kept wishing that Christina would just type it all up and hand Teddy the piece of paper to read as many times as she wanted to! Of course, that wouldn't have made for good TV drama.

I think surgeons really do think differently than we do. She ( teddy) was mentally fatigued and hurting, as someone else said she was grieving as well.

FORT Fogey

I guess during this episode I kept thinking how terrible it would be to actually be the patient on the table of either Teddy or Bailey ... Teddy grieving her dead husband and focusing on what Christina was saying over and over, and Bailey involved in a personal tiff with the anesthesiologist and using Meredith as a buffer. I'd like to think that if I were having surgery and totally at the mercy of the surgeon, that the surgeon would be focused only on me and the procedure I was having!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah.....thank goodness we are USUALLY totally unconscious! I'd just as soon know absolutely NOTHING.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My doctor tells jokes, he told me he does. I am sure some surgeries are second nature to them, some ops, their choice of music doesnt go with them.LOL I am out, why do I care.I usally ask what jokes were told .

+ Reply to Thread