+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Loved The Unit and hated it got canceled. I read that it was way too expensive to produce, so into the can it went.
    Really? I had not heard that about the show. It only had a couple of big named actors, so I would think that would keep the cost down, but it did have lots of explosion, airplane, and gun fire scenes. They had so many great actors on that show that I was not familar with. One of the biggest names was the guy who is famous for the All State Insurance commercials. I LOVED his character on The Unit. I loved his wife too. She is a super great actress, though not well known.

I'm not sure where I was when it was airing on tv. I must have been in a cave, because I had never even heard of the show until lately.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Really? I had not heard that about the show. It only had a couple of big named actors, so I would think that would keep the cost down, but it did have lots of explosion, airplane, and gun fire scenes. They had so many great actors on that show that I was not familar with. One of the biggest names was the guy who is famous for the All State Insurance commercials. I LOVED his character on The Unit. I loved his wife too. She is a super great actress, though not well known.

I'm not sure where I was when it was airing on tv. I must have been in a cave, because I had never even heard of the show until lately.
    To me he, Dennis Haysbert , will always be Pedro Cerrano from the Major League films lol.
    YorkieMom and Debb70 like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I think what kept the cost up is that many story lines were not taped in the States, not necessarily in the country they were suppose to be in, but a foreign country non the less.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    To me he, Dennis Haysbert , will always be Pedro Cerrano from the Major League films lol.
    Or President Palmer from "24"
    ilja likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YorkieMom View Post
    Or President Palmer from "24"
    For me, I'm with you. Dennis Haysbert will always be "President Palmer" LOL.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    For me, I'm with you. Dennis Haysbert will always be "President Palmer" LOL.
    LOL, maybe it's because I live in Cleveland.. and never watched 24
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I never ever realized they were one in the same!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We're watching this and every, single time Christina comes on, I'm getting chills. I just can't imagine, being in her shoes around Teddy. Eek!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I loved last nights episode. The girl whose parents/grandparent that died, plus her injured siblings....love her. She's a tough cookie. No idea who that actress is but she blew me away.

Christina's storyline has given the actress a lot to work with this season and she's running with it. She's been amazing. When Teddy walked away..she squeezed her eyes shut and those two tears streamed down her face..omg. I was tearing up. How she held it together while she told Teddy was crazy.

And of course, I loved the ending. Meredith looked so damn happy. You don't get to see that expression on her face often.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

LOVED this episode. even with the big hiatus, I find the writing more gripping than it has been.

I love the range that Cristina shows - she knows when she has to hold it together.

I knew when Meredith said "pizza" like 3 times that the doorbell wasn't going to be pizza. Couldn't you just see the pure JOY on her face?? Love Ellen Pompeo. She nails the Mer character.

I need Sloan and Lexi together.

I cried when Teddie was in with Henry. I hate that they killed him off.

I know a lot of people think this show is past it's prime, but I don't agree. It definitely had some rough episodes (like all of the Erica Hahn episodes - yuck) and the singing episode (earplugs??) but I love it - and think it's really great this season.

+ Reply to Thread