+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I think Shonda Rhimes tweeted (on Nov 7th) "no new episode til January"

I liked this episode too. I enjoyed the scenes between Alex and Mer.

And kadooze to Sandra Oh's acting/reaction to the patient being Henry... instant tears.

And I am happy Derek admitted to being a jerk to Mer (to Christina), just wished there could've been a bit more to the dialogue.
    Last edited by babs1003; 11-11-2011 at 12:25 PM.

I actually enjoyed the episode last night. I could even buy the reason about why they didn't want to tell Christina about who the patient was. Crazy and odd, but I can at least see the reasoning. There was some sense out of it. I love Sandra Oh. She is one of my favorite actors. Remember her from the movie about wine called Sideways? Too funny.

I do have some questions if someone can help me:

At first Dr. Webber suggested that he do the surgery the old fashioned way, but the wife said no, she wanted the updated method as it would make for less recovery time. IF, Dr. Webber had performed the surgery the old fashioned way, would his survival chances be greater? There were people talking in the room and I couldn't hear a few parts of the show.

And why were their no emergency flashers on the ambulance? Those vehicles have backup lights that would have worked even if the vehicle broke down.

And after they were hit so violently and got out of the ambulance, why did the ambulance not appear to be damaged?

And what really caused the screw to come loose in the woman's body?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    At first Dr. Webber suggested that he do the surgery the old fashioned way, but the wife said no, she wanted the updated method as it would make for less recovery time. IF, Dr. Webber had performed the surgery the old fashioned way, would his survival chances be greater? There were people talking in the room and I couldn't hear a few parts of the show.
    IIRC, the tumor went to his pulmonary artery (??)... I think that's what I thought I heard Christina say before or after she pronounce him dead... she said something, still all arrogant and cavalier, about how the patient wouldn't have made it through regardless, while everyone else was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the episode last night. I could even buy the reason about why they didn't want to tell Christina about who the patient was. Crazy and odd, but I can at least see the reasoning. There was some sense out of it. I love Sandra Oh. She is one of my favorite actors. Remember her from the movie about wine called Sideways? Too funny.

I do have some questions if someone can help me:

And why were their no emergency flashers on the ambulance? Those vehicles have backup lights that would have worked even if the vehicle broke down.

And after they were hit so violently and got out of the ambulance, why did the ambulance not appear to be damaged?

And what really caused the screw to come loose in the woman's body?
    My understanding of the tumor was that it perforated the artery or something to that degree. In other words removing the tumor would have left a destroyed artery which was beyond repair and he would have bled out anyhow. If Webber had done it the old fashioned way he would have encountered the same problem from the get go and he would have died anyhow.

And my understanding of the screw was that it wasn't because it came loose but rather that it was put in too deep going through the bone and not just into the bone.

The ambulance thing never made sense to me. The whole no lights lights, the lack of blood and generalized destruction after the accident with the people on the road was confusing to me. The lack of damage to the ambulance too didn't make sense to me either.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really enjoyed the episode. It really drew me in. It was all well done.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well darn I liked Henry. and he was easy on the eyes.

I don't agree with them not telling Christina. Knowing it was Henry wouldn't have freaked her out to the point she couldn't perform. After all, she performed a life saving surgery on Derek...while being held at gunpoint AND with his wife to be in the room. Which is why Teddy wanted her to do it....the girl has nerves of steel. Plus, she wouldn't have been so blase about it all if she'd known, which I think is going to be what really bothers her.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I'm so sad that Henry was killed off. I really liked he and Teddy as a couple. It was a welcome change to have someone in that hospital not in a relationship with a co-worker.

Also, it looks like they are setting it up for Teddy for leave, with Weber's comment about her not trusting anyone who kept the info about Henry from her.

Was anyone else practically yelling at Meredith and Alex at the end as they just stood there? I mean they got out of the ambulance; but, then they just stood there, where an explosion would still hit them. I mean, I understand the shock of seeing dead people in the road; but, still.
    Last edited by WrigleyDogA2; 11-13-2011 at 10:03 PM.

REF. the guy who played Henry. He used to play as a regular on The Unit! I missed that show when it was running, but have fallen in love with it in reruns. It airs every Saturday night for two episodes in my area. Any Unit fans? Man, that was a great show. I cannot understand why it was canceled. GREAT writing and acting. I'm saving to buy the entire series on DVD.

Loved The Unit and hated it got canceled. I read that it was way too expensive to produce, so into the can it went.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread